Not fit enough

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

It’s nothing to do with fitness. It’s about mental and intestinal fortitude (a lack of)

They gave us a lesson he in how run a game, waste time we never took a free kick until at least three of their players handled. And don't get me started about those so called fans behind Dawson's goal.

Edited by glynnb

Just now, torryowl said:

right ...so in what respect does "we arnt nasty enough" mean .

It doesn’t necessarily mean just booking/sending offs. They could be for anything from diving, kicking a ball away, hand balls. Imo being nasty means getting in peoples faces, getting those tough tackles in, being vocal to the players are referee. Taking no crap. We are such a soft, weak team. 

33 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Gerrum on Moors with Tony Tom's 

750361719_ScannedDocument1(1).jpg.77b7f041beac3f6694f765e774e8d905.thumb.jpg.3c8b25d46f79d606c869776dcda6d056.jpg

I think the " Little Sport" cartoon above the main picture sums it up. It's an easy payday for most of our squad. Even Fletcher said it was the best squad of players he's ever known.

A nice little Clique who want to keep the pay day going for as long as they can. They know once they leave Wednesday no one else is going to offer them the money and easy life style they

have at the moment. In the end it ALL COMES DOWN TO MONEY.

1 hour ago, davetherivelinowl said:

I've been saying this for most of the season but I think the source of most of our problems is that we're just not fit enough.

We have a midfield of Lee, Bannan and Hutch all of whom are now 30+. We brought in Luongo who is 'only' 27 but frankly runs like he's in his 30's.

We have proved to be dreadful at holding on to a lead in the last 5 minutes - because we're knackered.

When we had a run of games over Christmas our form collapsed - because we were knackered.

Every other team just seems to run about a lot more than we do - because we're knackered

In some games, and last night was a classic example, we can look really good in the first 15 minutes. But then we just run out of steam. For a while last night we looked terrific with Lee and Bannan buzzing everywhere, making tackles, interceptions and runs. But then... nothing. Bannan in particular just disappeared. Let's face it Bannan is knackered and Lee is past it.

I don't know what the answer is in the short term because there's no-one else to replace them with. Lee at least did more in the first 15 minutes than Pelupessy has all season. There's no-one in the U23's ready to step up. The new guys look even slower, with the exception of Da Cruz who at least runs about a bit but has (as yet) no end product

The squad has never looked leaner than it has this season. You can’t train to acquire hunger and desire. 

Front 3 not played enough and not played enough together and no engine, quality or grit in the middle.  It’s no surprise we’re sliding.  I can see the front 3 coming good over the next few weeks but I don’t know how he fixes what we have in the middle, it’s a way off being good enough. If he can’t bring Luongo back in then he’ll have to build some bridges with Hutch.  Lee and Bazza are not strong enough in this league. 

Too old and too weak. Hutch gets so many bookings because he hasn't been agile enough since his major injury and is too late to the ball.

Lees now doing the same.

Full of players around 30 with no re-sale value. That's on Chansiri for not selling them at their peak. Westwood, Lees, Forestieri, Hooper, Lee, Bannan would all have attracted fees of £5-£15m a few years ago.