Monk has a better win ratio than Bruce

3 hours ago, Burnsie said:

Yes, I know Bruce would have taken us up by Christmas given how we won every game after he came jn....

However, currently, Monk is out performing Bruce.

checkit out yourself;

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sheffield_Wednesday_F.C._managers

However Bruce continually said we would fight for promotion until it was mathematically impossible. Not throw the towel in during February. 

1 hour ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

What system would you suggest?? The players we have available to replace fletcher are rubbish. What system would you play with Rhodes, nuhiu and winnall?? 

no wonder we can’t score goals!! It’s not monk’s fault these players are at the club. 

They’re useless at aimless long balls pumped up to them. 
 There are a myriad of other things for a decent manager to try. 

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The 2nd season at Villa took it's toll on him and with the family issues he was having at the time he needed a break.

In the short time Bruce had I could see he had a tactical approach or two dependent on who we had available. Monk showed he had an effective way of playing with Fletcher as a focal point, since he got injured Monk has looked 1 dimensional because even when the formation or personnel change the approach has remained the same. He is also having to play inferior players in midfield due to a disagreement with Hutchinson, Bruce managed the squad better in that respect. 

if that’s the case why didn’t he? 

Not saying Monk is doing great but it’s already been covered. We were not doing great under 

Bruce. 
These players have had bad results for a few years now. 

5 minutes ago, kingsidney said:

They’re useless at aimless long balls pumped up to them. 
 There are a myriad of other things for a decent manager to try. 

So the creativity is lacking...this is all down to the midfield been poor, again something that Monk has inherited and he only had certain options at this moment in time. What other things could be tried? So far under monk we have tried 3 different formations with several different player combinations. 

I love how lots of people on here keep saying other things need to be tried but as of yet I’ve not seen a sensible option. 

12 minutes ago, sheffwed1 said:

Not saying Monk is doing great but it’s already been covered. We were not doing great under 

Bruce. 

He did take a break once it came to an end at Villa but he was probably caught up in the moment and didn't want to resign at the time, maybe he saw work as a distraction from the loss of his parents but the reality was it was affecting his work and he needed time out.

Bruce was turning things around and was generating a more positive atmosphere in the squad and the fan base which is important. We have scored less home goals than matches played this season and haven't won a home game this year, just the sort of thing that doesn't sell season tickets in the run up to a deadline.

3 hours ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

Klopp would struggle with this lot. 

Can't knee jerk after 5 months. 

Important thing now is to clear out the dead wood and bad apples. 

Start afresh and build back up properly and organically with committed players.

If he's still falling short this time next year we should start asking questions. 

Klopp's a horse teethed red rum looking cap wearing knob

21 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He did take a break once it came to an end at Villa but he was probably caught up in the moment and didn't want to resign at the time, maybe he saw work as a distraction from the loss of his parents but the reality was it was affecting his work and he needed time out.

Bruce was turning things around and was generating a more positive atmosphere in the squad and the fan base which is important. We have scored less home goals than matches played this season and haven't won a home game this year, just the sort of thing that doesn't sell season tickets in the run up to a deadline.

fair enough. I don’t really buy it as an excuse though. 
If it’s affecting his work he should do the honourable thing and step down. 
But we we already know from his past. He comes across a nice bloke but he’s a bit of a snake. Loves to walk out on clubs. 

Guest LondonOwl313
4 hours ago, sheffwed1 said:

Bruce. 

I don't get why there's so many people saying we weren't doing great under Bruce. It's against the facts and also the feeling at the time.

After Luhaky got sacked in December we:

Played 24, Won 10, Drew 10 and Lost 4... 77 points per season

Ok the first 4 games the Steves weren't here so if we take them out it's:

Played 20, Won 8, Drew 8 and Lost 4... 74 points per season

The last two games we basically didn't turn up after the play off hopes ended so if something had been on the line I think we'd have picked up a few more points at the end.

It's basically play off form... not sure what people wanted from Bruce but it was far better than what we currently have

In my time of supporting SWFC, my top six order of merit:

Atkinson

Francis

Wilkinson

Charlton

Sturrock

Carvalhal

I don't care about stats, I'd rather think about how I enjoyed watching us during the time they were in charge. I'm maybe a bit harsh on Carlos, that first season was pretty good.

8 hours ago, snaykz said:

Monk's current record:

P: 28

W: 11

L: 9

D: 8

Win %: 39.29

Ok, that's still a better win percentage than Bruce. Until tomorrow night at least.

Yes but Bruce was a managerial god and Monk is a complete waster according to the sages on Owlstalk. 

Judge Monk when he’s cleared out more deadwood, got his own players, had a pre-season with them. 

This time next year would be reasonable.

57 minutes ago, Ian_D said:

In my time of supporting SWFC, my top six order of merit:

Atkinson

Francis

Wilkinson

Charlton

Sturrock

Carvalhal

I don't care about stats, I'd rather think about how I enjoyed watching us during the time they were in charge. I'm maybe a bit harsh on Carlos, that first season was pretty good.

I’d put Carlos ahead of Sturrock