Happy Birthday - Gary Hooper

What a player Hooper was. Possibly  the most intelligent player I've seen for us. If he'd have stayed fit throughout his time with us we wouldn't be in the mess we are now. Not the quickest but great movement, vision and finishing. 

Just now, Belfast Owl 2 said:

You are making it up. Stop pretending you have inside info.

Lol

Is this the bit we’re im suppost to tell you who I know who works at the club who tells me bits and bobs now and again?

Well I’m not sorry

Just now, Belfast Owl 2 said:

No its not. And you dont have a source anyway

Ok

Completely outrageous claim to make I suppose. Man in his 30’s who lives in Sheffield knows someone of similar age who works for local football club 

lol

Looking back at those goals and I can’t help but think that was our chance best football I’ve seen us play since the days of Hirst Sheridan waddle era. It feels like we’ve massively gone backwards and whilst many was slating what we was doing back then how we was being run and the decisions we was making as a club and through Carlos. I really enjoyed watching us

cup runs, exciting front foot football, goals from everywhere, playoff campaigns, that first season I felt we could beat anyone 

now an ageing squad, non scoring strikers, feels like a lot of our squad have lost its hunger and swagger, injuries 

Back then under Carlos we had a bit of an identity playing free flowing attacking football it felt like we was the Barcelona of the championship ( just more of a mid table one )

I don’t even know what we are now monks got a right job on his hand to but his stamp on this team. He won’t have the swagger but he will have the fight and he doesn’t have the squad to match his personality yet 

1 hour ago, Stoop said:

Is this the bit we’re im suppost to tell you who I know who works at the club who tells me bits and bobs now and again?

Well I’m not sorry

Thanks for telling us that you're not sorry. Now, who is the source? 

Plenty of deserved question marks over Hooper's injury record since joining us here. However, any suggestion that he wasn't one of our very best players is a bit ridiculous, regardless of where he is playing his football now. 

4 hours ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

Still fuming and upset that we let our best player leave

Especially when you think we kept Rhodes and Winnal 

we could have kept him on his 30k a week to keep playing golf . last 18 months with us he got paid to play golf. doing same in new Zealand now think he has been on pitch very little . steve bruce made the correct decision to let him go , we aint some kind of football charity even though well we used to be.