Another Sell Out

38 minutes ago, torres said:

Total myth 

The part timers will come for the “big matches”

Same goes for the other side of the city 

Offers are made for midweek games when many people who have already paid don’t bother to turn up. 

Keep on backing him. You get your reward with a half empty Hillsborough. 

20 minutes ago, Mrs Blenkinsops shed said:

Never thought I'd see the day when so many Wednesdayites were disenfranchised from the club...

Sad times indeed.

I doubt it’s changed in the 30 years I’ve been watching them 

Crowds are roughly the same 

Just a platform now for them to go on about how much they want to go but for whatever reason they can’t. 

Yet when we are the verge of a promotion, at Wembley or a one off big game, suddenly another 15-20k appear from nowhere 

If tickets were free we still would get no more than 24k more often than not. 

The loyalty of our supporters leaves me in awe sometimes, I admire the qualities of the people involved - going to watch us at home every other week isn’t a walk in the park. 

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

Offers are made for midweek games when many people who have already paid don’t bother to turn up. 

Keep on backing him. You get your reward with a half empty Hillsborough. 

backing him? I think he’s a total goon, but at some point the part timers need to prove his ridiculous prices wrong. 

They didn’t bother!

Has to be a two way thing 

1 minute ago, torres said:

backing him? I think he’s a total goon, but at some point the part timers need to prove his ridiculous prices wrong. 

They didn’t bother!

Has to be a two way thing 

Like I said they did on a Saturday. 

You make the phrase part timer sound pejorative. 

23 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

When you price out your POTD supporters, you are only going to suffer long term. 

I agree, but if you drop the prices by 5 or maybe even 10 quid, you'll only see 1 or 2 thousand extra..It's been too long without any genuine success and it's only the loyalists and die hards that will keep going. The Cardiff game was a drag, as with many games this season.  

Everyone knows something serious is about to happen to our club one way or another and the waiting will start getting to people.  Limbo is not good for anyone.

Edited by HIGHERSTATE

2 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

I agree, but if you drop the prices by 5 or maybe even 10 quid, you'll only see 1 or 2 thousand extra..It's been too long without any genuine success and it's only the loyalists and die hards that will keep going. The Cardiff game was a drag, as with many games this season.  

Everyone knows something serious is about to happen to our club one way or another and the waiting will start getting to people.  Limbo is not good for anyone.

I believe it takes time to win back stay away fans , keep the prices reasonable and eventually they ( me included ) will get back into the habit . Winning games also helps !! . 

8 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Chansiri first tried it in 2015/16. He offered a discount for the Charlton game. Crowd was over 29k. That was generally seen  as a big success. 

He did against Bolton - an extra 2k turned up

Needs to be over 31k to make him stand up and take notice I would suggest 

Sadly far too many just aren’t that bothered, unless we play at Wembley, they also like watching Wycombe it seems 

• Haha 1

Guest Grez Bez
38 minutes ago, torres said:

WTF:

35 minutes ago, torres said:

I doubt it’s changed in the 30 years I’ve been watching them 

Crowds are roughly the same 

Just a platform now for them to go on about how much they want to go but for whatever reason they can’t. 

Yet when we are the verge of a promotion, at Wembley or a one off big game, suddenly another 15-20k appear from nowhere 

The loyalty of our supporters leaves me in awe sometimes, I admire the qualities of the people involved - going to watch us at home every other week isn’t a walk in the park. 

30 years ......is that all 

Way you go on I thought you had been going a long time !

16 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

30 years ......is that all 

Way you go on I thought you had been going a long time !

I know!!

Anyway enjoy the golf pal 

Let us all know how you think the whole game went after you’ve seen the 12 seconds of highlights 

18 hours ago, casbahowl said:

They are Derby COUNTY........ no other league club in the whole county of Derbyshire 

It’s a funny one that - I live in Derbyshire but I’m far closer to Hillsborough (and at least 8 Manchester/Greater Manchester clubs) than I am to Derby, which would be a 90-min drive from me vs. 45 min to Hillsboro.

2 hours ago, rickygoo said:

Compared to many other teams in the division yes. 

Like I said to Torres, if he really objected, he wouldn't pay it.

I wanted to go & see ELO at the Arena a few years ago, but it was £55 a ticket. I chose not to pay it, cos I thought it was too expensive.

Football & other entertainments are a buyers market. 

If you think it's too dear, don't go, don't pay it.

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

I sit in the North Stand. Talk me through the significantly improved facilities.

lol

Fair point, I've not sat in the North since about 2014 but if the TV's actually work then that has to be regarded as an improvement! Also, there was no running water from the taps for a good while on there as well.

The pitch was the main improvement and was well worth the investment regardless of which stand you sit in. Our current style of play might not be making the most of the surface but it hurts my eyes recalling what we served up at home at the start of the 2014-15 season when we could barely score a goal from open play and players would randomly disappear down sink holes in the pitch.

3 or 4 of our home games would have been postponed this season had the pitch not been invested in.

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

Chansiri first tried it in 2015/16. He offered a discount for the Charlton game. Crowd was over 29k. That was generally seen  as a big success. 

We have had offers since then. Picking out one game when the offer was taken up against the many where it hasn't made a significant enough difference is a bit biased. The following season we averaged 27K anyway so a 2K addition doesn't support the call to bring prices down to this level unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, torres said:

I know!!

Anyway enjoy the golf pal 

Let us all know how you think the whole game went after you’ve seen the 12 seconds of highlights 

I have seen every minute of every game home and away thanks 

So no need for highlights 

Bad back at the moment so no golf unfortunately 

Got my first season ticket in 1966

BTW