Another Sell Out

5 hours ago, rickygoo said:

Chansiri first tried it in 2015/16. He offered a discount for the Charlton game. Crowd was over 29k. That was generally seen  as a big success. 

We were enjoying our best season in years with a huge feel good factor.

We would get nowhere near that any other season including this one

Isn’t it renewing time very shortly for ST’s?

If the EFL issue hasn’t been resolved, good look to our marketing team to sell it to us to buy one. 

I can also see a price rise too, considering they were held at the same price last year. 

Feel like this probable points deduction will be the straw that broke the camels back and the uptake will be way down on what it has been.

Added to which the sheer amount of dismay and empathy that is clearly evident in our fan base.

Edited by Shifty Powers

48 minutes ago, Shifty Powers said:

Isn’t it renewing time very shortly for ST’s?

If the EFL issue hasn’t been resolved, good look to our marketing team to sell it to us to buy one. 

I can also see a price rise too, considering they were held at the same price last year. 

Feel like this probable points deduction will be the straw that broke the camels back and the uptake will be way down on what it has been.

Added to which the sheer amount of dismay and empathy that is clearly evident in our fan base.

There should be a price rise by business logic because of the multi deal 

I don’t think there was one this year however and proves what a total plank DC is when it comes to matters like this 

4 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

We were enjoying our best season in years with a huge feel good factor.

We would get nowhere near that any other season including this one

So let’s just do the same old same old, fossilise the fan base and keep our fingers  crossed something will turn up. 

7 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

So let’s just do the same old same old, fossilise the fan base and keep our fingers  crossed something will turn up. 

Maybe if you keep complaining on here things will change.

The fact is that ticket offers wont be get the casual part timers back through the gate.

Just now, Belfast Owl 2 said:

The fact is that ticket offers wont be get the casual part timers back through the gate.

You snidey wee poo . The club is fossilising. The fan base is ageing. Something needs to be done to get more people to experience Hillsborough. Maybe not today though. 

11 hours ago, torres said:

I doubt it’s changed in the 30 years I’ve been watching them 

Crowds are roughly the same 

Just a platform now for them to go on about how much they want to go but for whatever reason they can’t. 

Yet when we are the verge of a promotion, at Wembley or a one off big game, suddenly another 15-20k appear from nowhere 

If tickets were free we still would get no more than 24k more often than not. 

The loyalty of our supporters leaves me in awe sometimes, I admire the qualities of the people involved - going to watch us at home every other week isn’t a walk in the park. 

"If tickets free get no More than 24k"

Giv ova 

On 31/12/2019 at 10:47, torres said:

Leeds away sold out now.

The support this club receives is unreal

Nearly 2k for Brighton as well after Christmas, watching the second string is ridiculous 

The away support and 21k+ season ticket holders have to be applauded  - sadly it seems they are taken for granted 

Wearing very thin for me now.

12 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

The only way to get part-timers like myself** back through the gate is by reducing ticket prices permanently. 

**because of the ticket prices, I am now a part-timer. I went to more Bradford City home games last season than I attended Hillsborough. 

23 hours ago, torres said:

I doubt it’s changed in the 30 years I’ve been watching them 

Crowds are roughly the same 

Just a platform now for them to go on about how much they want to go but for whatever reason they can’t. 

Yet when we are the verge of a promotion, at Wembley or a one off big game, suddenly another 15-20k appear from nowhere 

If tickets were free we still would get no more than 24k more often than not. 

The loyalty of our supporters leaves me in awe sometimes, I admire the qualities of the people involved - going to watch us at home every other week isn’t a walk in the park. 

Yes, our crowds have been similar over the last 30 years. But I think there are a few important points to consider:

1) Thirty years ago football crowds in general were lower than they are now. Our average home attendance of 27-30k in the early to mid 90s was up there with the highest in the country.

2) For the latter two of the last three decades, we’ve been utterly crap. Crowds have been understandably low.

3) The fact that we have 15-20k extra fans that turn out for big games means our support is potentially huge. Not many clubs have this volume of floating support. The current ridiculous ticket prices are stopping this floating support being tapped into to.