Another Sell Out

16 minutes ago, torres said:

yes i do 

Mine is £28 per match at early bird prices in the south 

For people putting their money in up front the prices should be a lot lower

I think we are in the top 3 cost wise.

£28 should be the maximum potg price never mind what a season ticket works out at each match 

A lot of premier league clubs are cheaper than ours - how can that be right?

Well, I don't. £24 per home game with one of the best seats in the ground is good value imo. Don't care what others charge. I'm happy with what I'm paying at S6. If you truly objected, you wouldn't pay it. 

2 hours ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Obviously they're not.:ghoulguy:

And well done to 'em all !!!!:rolleyes:

the guys who I speak to goto at least 22 out of 23 away games and only usually miss 1 for holidays or emergency they aint going to this one , they take time off work for midweek games etc. I do about 16 away but early jan 10 hours there and back to see nuhiu and our back up players in a cup what nobody is interested in as in clubs play there reserves and bt have the games on at stupid times/days with no thought to away support/travel . like I say those what are going are incredible supporters. 

1 hour ago, LSOwls said:

If we are honest our home attendances are a bit pants (we all know why) given the size of the city.

The longer people don't attend the more damage is done

the damage is already done , if you look especially at our away supporters we are getting greyer and bolder we get a few younger ones but our average age must be higher than most clubs , we need to attract younger supporters and keep them going , the average potg prices are appx £25 odd ones at £30 and just 2 as bad as us leeds,blackburn . we need a way of getting our support back(its not easy) and it takes more than good results to get them back , once a supporter stops going they soon get out of the habit . instead of 9 cats of prices 2 or 3 would be enough and you can make prices 25% more on average than a season ticket and still attract a lot more who would like to go.  in past we always used to get 30k plus at xmas /new year even when we were rubbish now 23-25 is most we are going to get. 

• Haha 1

Guest Ferkorf

I see the original poster purposely didn't give praise to those who pay on the gate.

Yet I pay on the gate this season and I am going to Brighton but no praise for me being a part timer and all...

So I'd like to take this moment to give myself some Praise and for everyone  on owlstalk to take a minute to reflect on us supporters that didnt get a season ticket this year but still attend games.

Thank you I feel loads better now

49 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Well, I don't. £24 per home game with one of the best seats in the ground is good value imo. Don't care what others charge. I'm happy with what I'm paying at S6. If you truly objected, you wouldn't pay it. 

If £24 is good value for a season ticket seat per match - then you can’t argue at £35+ for potg 

Guest Grez Bez
1 hour ago, Bulldog said:

The home attendance is currently averaging at around 24k isn't it?

Not including the 1st season with Carlos where it was around 27k this has pretty much been the same figure for the last 20 years regardless of cost.

Yeah

I haven't checked but think attendances have been improving in that time.

Do we miss out because Hillsborough is run down (facilities wise) or do we not do enough in the community?

Guest Grez Bez
1 hour ago, lanzaroteowl said:

"Given the size of the city"

Had this discussion the other day.

Birmingham with 4 times the population of Sheffield has terrible support.

Leeds being the same size but only one team also pisspoor support.

Even the London teams with 20 times the population and only a handful of Premier League teams also awful support. 

Fair but you can look the other way as well. Derby, Forest etc...

1 minute ago, torres said:

If £24 is good value for a season ticket seat per match - then you can’t argue at £35+ for potg 

I think your  way off the mark, championship mediocrity football when there's premiership 2 miles away, just lost 2 on the spin,ffp hanging over our heads and we're going to charge a minimum of 33 quid pay on the day against uninspiring opposition on new years day,not much of a good will gesture. As a season ticket holder and lifelong supporter I am ashamed of the current strategy and outlook of the club and can only see a bleak future under the current owners regime. 

13 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

I see the original poster purposely didn't give praise to those who pay on the gate.

Yet I pay on the gate this season and I am going to Brighton but no praise for me being a part timer and all...

So I'd like to take this moment to give myself some Praise and for everyone  on owlstalk to take a minute to reflect on us supporters that didnt get a season ticket this year but still attend games.

Thank you I feel loads better now

Everybody knows that the TruFans™️ pay on the day so that they can pump more of their hard-earned moolah into the club.

No taking advantage of cheap season tickets for them.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bulldog said:

I think you missed my point - the crowds are the same size regardless of performance. 

Which points to the problem being prices ,which is why I mentioned the club throwing in an occasional tuesday night non attractive game and hoping folk will come in droves  ,traditionally crowds increase depending on league position ,yet ours have levelled off  and at a time when most other clubs are showing increased support

Eg, sufc averaged more than us last season yet the last time they reached the prem we had the bigger average whilst dicing with relegation 

Guest Ferkorf

It would be nice to just have the government do one thing thats decent and cap the prices in football.

As the saying goes Twenty is Plenty

Have season tickets capped at 350.

All kids tickets a fiver.

Would it increase the gate at stadiums around the country, no doubt.

By a massive amount, who knows.

Footballs changed since I started watching as a nipper in the late 80's and for the worst aswell.

I never gave a flying ferk about how we were playing, I loved going to games home and away. 3 nil down at half time at plymouth, stalemate at portsmouth, stalemate at southampton, tonked at Brighton, absolutely drilled at newcastle and dont get me started on palace away...

Home games have grown much quieter over the years, even though we have more to be happy about I suppose.

But its just too easy to get  a stream or watch us on tv at home or even find a pub and watch sky sports news roll in without having to pay xxx amounts or making the effort to drag ourselves down boro for food/drink or whatever floats your boat.

8 minutes ago, gizowl said:

I think your  way off the mark, championship mediocrity football when there's premiership 2 miles away, just lost 2 on the spin,ffp hanging over our heads and we're going to charge a minimum of 33 quid pay on the day against uninspiring opposition on new years day,not much of a good will gesture. As a season ticket holder and lifelong supporter I am ashamed of the current strategy and outlook of the club and can only see a bleak future under the current owners regime. 

As pointed out DC has done a few offers, the take up was non existent. 

As pointed out the average gate has been the same for ages 

Why would he start dishing tickets out to people who aren’t that bothered to the detriment of his season ticket plan 

DC stated he wants a big season ticket base of support - it’s best for the club and it’s best for the supporter - giving tickets out goes against this logic 

He has just not implemented his plan correctly 

1 hour ago, torres said:

yes i do 

Mine is £28 per match at early bird prices in the south 

For people putting their money in up front the prices should be a lot lower

I think we are in the top 3 cost wise.

£28 should be the maximum potg price never mind what a season ticket works out at each match 

A lot of premier league clubs are cheaper than ours - how can that be right?

1999 has called and asked for its pricing structure back 

£28 maximum for potd ticket prices get a grip 

I accept that we are ridiculous in the high pricing and price many out but I think most would expect to pay towards £40 in 2019/2020 for a all sheffield derby, top of the table match, play off semi final match or big draw in a cup round 

basically any game we will sell out your POTD price will rise 

the sad thing is we have very few of these in a year and there for 

rubbish non games should be about £25 rising to £40 depending on the fixture / demand 

but £28 maximum pricing is living in the past worth a working mans club committee mentality my guess is you are still scratching your head thinking why can’t I fill my car up on £10 no more here’s the answer.....it’s nearly the year 2020 

Guest Grez Bez

For me a football game is worth about £10, maybe £15.

Problem being that the costs to run a club are so much that you have to pay over the odds. Football is broke in that respect; clubs milking supporters dry and as a result new fans don't fall for it so watch on SKY to support Man U/ Liverpool

I've been unable to get a season ticket for the last two years - Not because they are too high, but purely because I've had other things that have more importance in the grand scheme of life.

I'd have liked to gone to one of the home games over the xmas / new year period but it's £33 on the kop for non members. Add the price of getting there, getting a coffee and I'm looking at the best part of £50.

The club may be happy with the amount of season ticket holders, but it's those who can't make it on a regular basis that will be lost for ever.

I miss going to Hillsborough every time we play, but as time has gone on it's becoming far easier to find other things to do with my money, for example spending it on my family and 4 year old daughter.

If season ticket sales drop, which only needs a bad season, possible firesales and heaven forbid (If the charges find Chansiri guilty) EFL punishing the club to the maximum degree.

That happens then what? Those priced out will have grown older, moved on in life and some will have children, who instead of being the next generation of fans won't be bothered because their parents have lost the bug.

Since Chansiri arrived at Hillsborough, it's clear that the only plan he had was promotion. Everything else, including the fallout was a mere afterthought at best.

I've nothing but respect for those who follow the club home and away. I wish I still could but that's life. The bigger problem though (IMO) is that everything at SWFC is operating on very shaky foundations. If Chansiri has done wrong regarding the ground sale and accounting etc, then it will be the biggest kick in the balls we've had. Ramp up the prices, sell shirts at crazy amounts and sell our home, and all for what? A day out at Wembley

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, fpowl said:

1999 has called and asked for its pricing structure back 

£28 maximum for potd ticket prices get a grip 

I accept that we are ridiculous in the high pricing and price many out but I think most would expect to pay towards £40 in 2019/2020 for a all sheffield derby, top of the table match, play off semi final match or big draw in a cup round 

basically any game we will sell out your POTD price will rise 

the sad thing is we have very few of these in a year and there for 

rubbish non games should be about £25 rising to £40 depending on the fixture / demand 

but £28 maximum pricing is living in the past worth a working mans club committee mentality my guess is you are still scratching your head thinking why can’t I fill my car up on £10 no more here’s the answer.....it’s nearly the year 2020 

You can’t get to many away matches madam 

You don’t realise how disgusting our prices are. Apart from Leeds ours are way above anything