Another Sell Out

Guest Grez Bez
1 minute ago, 31Dec1966 said:

I've said before that I don't understand why we don't involve youth groups at half time. There must be hundreds of  clubs in and around Sheffield that would love to do something at half time, we could invite them to perform and give them free tickets to secure future fans. I'm thinking of Boys Brigade Bands,Air Cadets displays, sea cadets marching, Scout troops displays, youth jazz orchestras, dance groups, choirs, gymnast displays, junior pop bands, all sorts of things. They could entertain the crowd for free, they would get confidence and practice their discipline, and maybe become Owls fans. 

Great idea.

Problem is most kids don't join clubs now, they just play Xbox!

6 minutes ago, torres said:

That is the balance they have to get right pal - it’s that balance that just isn’t quite right at the minute 

I know season tickets just are not worth it for some due to work, travel etc but they want to go to 10-15+ games - it’s these 2 categories of supporters they need to satisfy. 

I’m not sure they are doing it at the minute 

Fair enough mate.

As said, I consider the price I pay for a season ticket to be reasonable, I wouldn't say I am 'well off' but it is just something I have always budgeted for since my parents stopped buying me seasons tickets for my birthday when I was a lad many moons ago.

Your point about people who would go to 15ish games a season not seeing a season ticket as value for money based on the matches they would have to miss for work, travel etc is not something I have overly considered as I've been fortunate enough not to be in that position but can see where you are coming from. The current match day prices would certainly make me think twice about going to games if I didn't have a season ticket and it would then be a decision on whether a season ticket would be worth it if other commitments meant I had to miss half a dozen games or so.  

2 hours ago, torres said:

Agreed it’s far too much 

But surely you go to watch Wednesday? Not sure what the opposition matters. 

If you haven’t been for 18 months - if you saved just over £2 a month you could have gone. 

Maybe next year 

I can afford to go 

That's not the point 

Its not worth the effort or cost of a ticket to watch the sh!t we are getting 

Its to predictable 

Same old tactics and players that have failed time and time again

And the atmosphere is absolutely terrible 

Is it really value for money at £38 a ticket? 

Guest Grez Bez
4 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

I can afford to go 

That's not the point 

Its to predictable 

That doesn't bother me

We could play any kind of football and I'd still go. I go to watch Wednesday

Problem is that for the same price I can do way more things and watch it on IFollow!

Edited by Grez Bez

18 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

Does anyone know the % of revenue that the POTG & Season tickets generate?

In our 2018 accounts (not taking into account any ground sale!) we had turnover of just over £25M of which £18M was attributed to match receipts and other associated income and £7M was commercial activities. In this breakdown I would imagine that TV money is included within match receipts but gate money and associated match day sales still form a significant amount of income until the TV money becomes astronomical in the PL. 

Edited by Guest

Guest Grez Bez
Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

In our 2018 accounts (not taking into account any ground sale!) we had turnover of just over £25M of which £18M was attributed to match receipts and other associated income and £7M was commercial activities. In this breakdown I would imagine that TV money is included within match receipts but game money and associated match day sales still form a significant amount of income until the TV money becomes astronomical in the PL.  

Thanks

So it's huge which means changing ticket prices is almost impossible without another new income stream

6 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

I can afford to go 

That's not the point 

Its to predictable 

When did you feel it was good value for money to go regularly though? 

6 minutes ago, james o connor said:

So how come clubs like Charlton charge 25 quid ? Many others around the same ? 

We are paying for the clubs mistakes 

DC would rather pay very average footballers huge amounts than give supporters reasonably priced tickets to support their own club 

We pay ridiculous amounts and they still can’t stick within the rules 

The club don’t deserve the support they get on so many levels 

6 hours ago, LSOwls said:

If we are honest our home attendances are a bit pants (we all know why) given the size of the city.

The longer people don't attend the more damage is done

Not really pants, average is around 23,000 which isn't bad considering price of tickets and football isn't owt special, results wise we're doing ok but I don't think I could name a single game this season where we've been dominant for full 90 minutes. Even big away wins at Boro and Forest we just went through motions in second halves. 

23 hours ago, torres said:

Leeds away sold out now.

The support this club receives is unreal

Nearly 2k for Brighton as well after Christmas, watching the second string is ridiculous 

The away support and 21k+ season ticket holders have to be applauded  - sadly it seems they are taken for granted 

How refreshing it would be to have the same dedication on the pitch. 

16 hours ago, torres said:

The chance to change his mind on all this and to help all supporters of the club was dismissed by part timers not taking up the cheap ticket offers 

When proper offers have been made on a Saturday league game they have been taken up.

We will lose a generation of casual fans at a time when the other lot in the city have never been more appealing. 

17 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

When proper offers have been made on a Saturday league game they have been taken up.

We will lose a generation of casual fans at a time when the other lot in the city have never been more appealing. 

Total myth 

The part timers will come for the “big matches”

Same goes for the other side of the city