Another Sell Out

Guest Ferkorf
7 minutes ago, fpowl said:

I accept that we are ridiculous in the high pricing and price many out but I think most would expect to pay towards £40 in 2019/2020 for a all sheffield derby, top of the table match, play off semi final match or big draw in a cup round 

rubbish non games should be about £25 rising to £40 depending on the fixture 

I understand what your saying regards to the big games.

But when we are actually charging £38 upwards for total non games like Reading, Bristol and Brentford I can see why most would rather spend that £38 plus on probably 15 pints in their local working mans club lol

Guest Grez Bez
7 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Derby averaged 2000 more than us and Forest 3500 last season.

After one of our worst recent campaign's and both them doing well 

Sheffield is 3 times bigger than Derby and double the size of Notts.

You can look at that all day. The fact of the matter is that whilst other clubs attendances are growing, ours are shrinking; despite being one of the largest Metropolitan areas.

Edited by Grez Bez

4 minutes ago, torres said:

You can’t get to many away matches madam 

You don’t realise how disgusting our prices are. Apart from Leeds ours are way above anything 

Never once have I questioned our ridiculous pricing policy Infact if you cared to read I actually agreed it’s way over the top 

what I did say and I’ll put it in madam terns for you 

your post lost all credibility when you stated all Potd tickets should hold a maximum pricing of £28 this would be nice of course but the wishful thinking makes you either a dinosaur or delusional maybe even both

have a happy new year though princess   

Guest Ferkorf
8 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Regardless of the division I think most 50/50 households would rather take their kids to the other side of the City. 

Wouldn't go that far lol

My Wifes family are Dingles though and have mentioned taking her to oakwell.

Obviously that would never happen whilst I walk this earth but I genuinely hope my 4 year old daughter and 2 year old son never ever get into football the sport is toxic.

I often liken supporting Wednesday to having a Boy Racer car and no matter how expensive it was and how much money you throw at it, it will always take more money and you will always look like a cu'uunt 

1 minute ago, Ferkorf said:

I understand what your saying regards to the big games.

But when we are actually charging £38 upwards for total non games like Reading, Bristol and Brentford I can see why most would rather spend that £38 plus on probably 15 pints in their local working mans club lol

100% agree 

work commitments and kids meant season ticket is no longer a benefit to me 

I take my 4 year old to the friendls and early round cup games when there a tenner because he’s not fully into it yet but I’m cracking him 

I probably get a further 6 games from my brother and father tickets when they can’t attend and a part  from that sadly our pricing structure and how many times we are on sky/ red button means I can get my fix on I Player 

sad yes, but I can’t justify paying £38 to watch the fixtures we play in obviously if we are playing like Barcelona and exciting to watch or it’s a game of interest that changes thing but I’d rather spend it on my kids 

£20-30 is the budget I’d be happy to pay so our pricing structure has made me very selective of the games I attend I have two kids and watching wednesday is a very expensive mostly disappointing luxury I can spend my money in better areas 

Only performances or league status or a change in pricing will change that 

so yes I can be seen as a glory supporter but as a season ticket holder for over 15 years it’s only our club that’s made me that way so I’m not guilty for it and I always listen to every game  

12 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

Sheffield is 3 times bigger than Derby and double the size of Notts.

You can look at that all day. The fact of the matter is that whilst other clubs attendances are growing, ours are shrinking; despite being one of the largest Metropolitan areas.

Derby is more than half Sheffield's size with only one team.

And our crowds have not changed on average for 40 years if not increasing since the 70s

Edited by lanzaroteowl

4 hours ago, torres said:

Leeds away sold out now.

The support this club receives is unreal

Nearly 2k for Brighton as well after Christmas, watching the second string is ridiculous 

The away support and 21k+ season ticket holders have to be applauded  - sadly it seems they are taken for granted 

I've constantly said that our support is phenomenal.  20 years of (mostly) rubbish in the second and third tiers and we;ve averaged around 23,000 all that time. It's never going to happen, but put the so-called top clubs in that position and there aren't many who would equal that.  I've always been proud to be a Wednesday fan.

• Like 1

Guest Ferkorf
2 minutes ago, fpowl said:

I can be seen as a glory supporter but as a season ticket holder for over 15 years it’s only our club that’s made me that way so I’m not guilty for it and I always listen to every game  

I understand your pain mate.

Im a part timer according to all my mates that are single, have no kids and nothing else to do than footy. 

I have a 4 year old plus a 2 year old.

Taken my 4 year old Daughter to a few games, Reading a 3-0 win was her first and Villa at Hillsborough when we lost in last min (Proof that it happens under other managers not just monk).

Shes not interested though she hates the noise. I'll prob try the lad in a few years if its still worthwhile.

28 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Never once have I questioned our ridiculous pricing policy Infact if you cared to read I actually agreed it’s way over the top 

what I did say and I’ll put it in madam terns for you 

your post lost all credibility when you stated all Potd tickets should hold a maximum pricing of £28 this would be nice of course but the wishful thinking makes you either a dinosaur or delusional maybe even both

have a happy new year though princess   

so our prices are ridiculous but anything under £30 is also ridiculous??

To sit on the Kop - now sadly way past it’s best, it shouldn’t be any more than £25 and I think that is taking the mick. 

The north £28, the south a push over £30 

As they are now - NO ONE COMES!! 

However he has set the season tickets far too high to have any room to manoeuvre 

Guest Ferkorf
2 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Are you sure it was Hillsborough?

:ph34r:

Yes in my utter excitement of taking her for the first time I decided to go close to the band on the kop lol

Guest Ferkorf
1 minute ago, torres said:

To sit on the Kop - now sadly way past it’s best, it shouldn’t be any more than £25 and I think that is taking the mick. 

Absolutely!

2 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

Well, I don't. £24 per home game with one of the best seats in the ground is good value imo. Don't care what others charge. I'm happy with what I'm paying at S6. If you truly objected, you wouldn't pay it. 

I'm happy with £24 per game for the season ticket as well and it was available cheaper on the Kop. 

We should only have 2 price periods for season tickets and 2 pay on the day prices. £21, £23 and £25 Kop, North and South early bird renewals and £23, £25, £27 after that. Matchday could then be £25, £27, £29 for members & £28, £29 £31 for non-members with a couple of quid extra for the bigger games and a few offers for less attractive games.

As the OP suggests, many other clubs now offer extras as part of season ticket holders perks such as free cup games or complimentary merchandise & food offers at times during the season which would add value to the season ticket. 

I remember we were charging around £24, £28 and £30+ pay on the day when we drew 4-4 with Huddersfield in League One many years ago, think the value for money now is better than that in terms of investment since then but as above the matchday prices are too high.  

1 hour ago, torres said:

see what other clubs do with regards season ticket holders and how they are treated, then get back to me 

if I knew the answer I wouldn't have asked the question …...what do other clubs do that we don't ….I pay £13 a match and £1 for my granddaughter if other clubs can better that i'd be very surprised .