Another Sell Out

Not been to a game at Hillsborough for 18 months now

Prices are to steep for what your getting 

The football on the whole has been average at best 

I'm not willing to pay £38 plus travel to watch average players in a terrible atmosphere 

Home games feel more like a chore now than something to look forward too

Away games are generally cheaper and a far better atmosphere 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, torres said:

As pointed out DC has done a few offers, the take up was non existent. 

As pointed out the average gate has been the same for ages 

Why would he start dishing tickets out to people who aren’t that bothered to the detriment of his season ticket plan 

DC stated he wants a big season ticket base of support - it’s best for the club and it’s best for the supporter - giving tickets out goes against this logic 

He has just not implemented his plan correctly 

As the chairman he's got to be seen as the one who always holds out the olive branch, if he gets a few extra in its a few more quid in the coffers, if nobody comes hes lost nowt.

12 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Not been to a game at Hillsborough for 18 months now

Prices are to steep for what your getting 

The football on the whole has been average at best 

I'm not willing to pay £38 plus travel to watch average players in a terrible atmosphere 

Home games feel more like a chore now than something to look forward too

Away games are generally cheaper and a far better atmosphere 

Agreed

People like yourself that don’t really care one way or the other it works out an expensive day. 

But with season ticket prices as they are it won’t be cheaper anytime soon 

1 minute ago, torres said:

Agreed

People like yourself that don’t really care one way or the other it works out an expensive day. 

The thing is I do care

I'd love to go to Hillsborough

A full house ,a team to be proud of

No one can honestly say they are getting value for money if they are paying £38 to watch Wednesday vs hull :tango:

6 minutes ago, gizowl said:

As the chairman he's got to be seen as the one who always holds out the olive branch, if he gets a few extra in its a few more quid in the coffers, if nobody comes hes lost nowt.

The feel good factor on and off the pitch from 3yrs ago has gone, to get the standard on the pitch back is going to take time, but he has still got to keep the pay on the day supporters interested and wanting to make the effort to come and if that means lowering potd prices it's got to be done, the longer they stay away, the harder it will be to get them back. 

9 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

The thing is I do care

No one can honestly say they are getting value for money if they are paying £38 to watch Wednesday vs hull :tango:

Agreed it’s far too much 

But surely you go to watch Wednesday? Not sure what the opposition matters. 

If you haven’t been for 18 months - if you saved just over £2 a month you could have gone. 

Maybe next year 

3 hours ago, torres said:

yes i do 

Mine is £28 per match at early bird prices in the south 

For people putting their money in up front the prices should be a lot lower

I think we are in the top 3 cost wise.

£28 should be the maximum potg price never mind what a season ticket works out at each match 

A lot of premier league clubs are cheaper than ours - how can that be right?

Maybe because premier league clubs don't have to rely on ticket sales to stay financially viable?

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, torres said:

Agreed

You just don't get it, it's nothing to do with not caring one way or the other, its about people been able to afford or having the money to come,or  getting value for money, the product isn't great atm due to bad running of the club, if he wants people to potd atmo he's got to reduce prices, the fans not turning up at the moment care just as much as you and me.

49 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

The thing is I do care

I'm not saying the prices aren't too high, they clearly are, but when was it good value for money in comparison? We had pay on the day prices £25-£30 when we were in the 3rd division, the team and the facilities have improved significantly since then, when did we ever regularly have a full house?

22 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Maybe because premier league clubs don't have to rely on ticket sales to stay financially viable?

Didn't we have a discussion about all that when DC said gate and ST income was a drop in the ocean in the bigger picture of running the clubs finances...

Anyways I'd like to go a lot more games than I do but object to paying the kind of money DC is asking relative to the entertainment on display.

It, sadly, doesn't represent value and despite my love for the club this means I go to fewer games than I would otherwise.

I'm sure I'm not alone.

The sad thing is that there must be loads of fans like me that would like to go to more games but the club do nothing to engage us.

The club is missing a trick and it seems to be beyond their wit to create a pricing structure that optimises attendances, revenue, value and loyalty. Sad really because the potential is not in question.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Derby averaged 2000 more than us and Forest 3500 last season.

After one of our worst recent campaign's and both them doing well 

With Derby being a one club city and having the Frank Lamps factor....... and the other option in Nottingham is non league football 

2 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Derby is more than half Sheffield's size with only one team.

And our crowds have not changed on average for 40 years if not increasing since the 70s

They are Derby COUNTY........ no other league club in the whole county of Derbyshire 

Edited by casbahowl

3 hours ago, torres said:

If £24 is good value for a season ticket seat per match - then you can’t argue at £35+ for potg 

Why?

I reckon the above is feasible with the same starting season ticket prices and much reduced match day price options.

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I'm happy with £24 per game for the season ticket as well and it was available cheaper on the Kop. 

We should only have 2 price periods for season tickets and 2 pay on the day prices. £21, £23 and £25 Kop, North and South early bird renewals and £23, £25, £27 after that. Matchday could then be £25, £27, £29 for members & £28, £29 £31 for non-members with a couple of quid extra for the bigger games and a few offers for less attractive games.

As the OP suggests, many other clubs now offer extras as part of season ticket holders perks such as free cup games or complimentary merchandise & food offers at times during the season which would add value to the season ticket. 

I remember we were charging around £24, £28 and £30+ pay on the day when we drew 4-4 with Huddersfield in League One many years ago, think the value for money now is better than that in terms of investment since then but as above the matchday prices are too high.  

2 hours ago, NeonLeon said:

The Matchday experience at Hillsborough is absolutely atrocious.

Regardless of the division I think most 50/50 households would rather take their kids to the other side of the City. 

agree regards matchday experience , upto recently we had cheerleaders alrite for the teenage lads  and I enjoyed the 2 lads been picked from crowd trying to score from half way line.  now we have some 50plus`s doing walking football or some young kids playing 5 a side

9 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Why?

I reckon the above is feasible with the same starting season ticket prices and much reduced match day price options.

DC quite rightly is trying to ensure as many season ticket holders as possible 

He is trying to entice the 10-15 game a season supporters to make that jump to a season ticket - to some extent he’s done that with us selling around 20-21k 

Once you’ve bought one, the likelihood is you will renew. I agree with his logic 

Those extra 6k won’t buy a season ticket if it’s more financially viable to just buy 10-15 match day tickets, hence the big difference in price. Once again correct business logic 

Sadly the season ticket starting price is a touch too high - therefore the match day ticket is extortionate and the 5-9 game a season supporter who can take or leave going - is leaving it. 

The chance to change his mind on all this and to help all supporters of the club was dismissed by part timers not taking up the cheap ticket offers 

If they had made a small sacrifice we could be looking at a totally different pricing model - they didn’t bother 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, torres said:

DC quite rightly is trying to ensure as many season ticket holders as possible 

He is trying to entice the 10-15 game a season supporters to make that jump to a season ticket - to some extent he’s done that with us selling around 20-21k 

Once you’ve bought one, the likelihood is you will renew. I agree with his logic 

Those extra 6k won’t buy a season ticket if it’s more financially viable to just buy 10-15 match day tickets, hence the big difference in price. Once again correct business logic 

Sadly the season ticket starting price is a touch too high - therefore the match day ticket is extortionate and the 5-9 game a season supporter who can take or leave going - is leaving it. 

The chance to change his mind on all this and to help all supporters of the club was dismissed by part timers not taking up the cheap ticket offers 

If they had made a small sacrifice we could be looking at a totally different pricing model - they didn’t bother 

Fair points, I agree to a large extent.

I suppose much depends on whether you think lowering the season ticket prices a touch will encourage many of those now not going at all to commit to a season ticket. Or, if keeping the season ticket prices the same and lowering the match day prices as I have suggested would encourage some season ticket holders to revert back to just going to 10-15 games per season.

I would imagine the club has some detailed sales analysis figures to justify the approach they have taken in this respect.

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Fair points, I agree to a large extent.

I suppose much depends on whether you think lowering the season ticket prices a touch will encourage many of those now not going at all to commit to a season ticket. Or, if keeping the season ticket prices the same and lowering the match day prices as I have suggested would encourage some season ticket holders to revert back to just going to 10-15 games per season.

I would imagine the club has some detailed sales analysis figures to justify the approach they have taken in this respect.

That is the balance they have to get right pal - it’s that balance that just isn’t quite right at the minute 

I know season tickets just are not worth it for some due to work, travel etc but they want to go to 10-15+ games - it’s these 2 categories of supporters they need to satisfy. 

I’m not sure they are doing it at the minute 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

agree regards matchday experience , upto recently we had cheerleaders alrite for the teenage lads  and I enjoyed the 2 lads been picked from crowd trying to score from half way line.  now we have some 50plus`s doing walking football or some young kids playing 5 a side

I've said before that I don't understand why we don't involve youth groups at half time. There must be hundreds of  clubs in and around Sheffield that would love to do something at half time, we could invite them to perform and give them free tickets to secure future fans. I'm thinking of Boys Brigade Bands,Air Cadets displays, sea cadets marching, Scout troops displays, youth jazz orchestras, dance groups, choirs, gymnast displays, junior pop bands, all sorts of things. They could entertain the crowd for free, they would get confidence and practice their discipline, and maybe become Owls fans. 

• Like 1