Another Sell Out

Leeds away sold out now.

The support this club receives is unreal

Nearly 2k for Brighton as well after Christmas, watching the second string is ridiculous 

The away support and 21k+ season ticket holders have to be applauded  - sadly it seems they are taken for granted 

• Like 6

Just now, torres said:

Leeds away sold out now.

Nearly 2k for Brighton as well after Christmas, watching the second string is ridiculous 

The away support and 21k+ season ticket holders have to be applauded  - sadly it seems they are taken for granted 

wow 2k at brighton in January to watch reserves against brighton reserves with at least a 10 hour round trip ,that's unreal support , I didn't think more than 800 would go as most of regulars at away games are giving this a miss. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

wow 2k at Brighton in January to watch reserves against brighton reserves with at least a 10 hour round trip ,that's unreal support , I didn't think more than 800 would go as most of the regulars at away games are giving this a miss.

Obviously they're not.:ghoulguy:

And well done to 'em all !!!!:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, torres said:

Leeds away sold out now.

Agreed, our support should be applauded. I guess a lot of the fans going to Brighton are London/southern based. 
I notice you still can’t help having a sly dig at the club. Have you got a new grief or is it the same old thing you’re whinging about? It’s a shame you can’t just stick to what would have been a positive post,

1 minute ago, farlego said:

Agreed, our support should be applauded. I guess a lot of the fans going to Brighton are London/southern based. 
I notice you still can’t help having a sly dig at the club. Have you got a new grief or is it the same old thing you’re whinging about? It’s a shame you can’t just stick to what would have been a positive post,

What is negative about that?

Guest Grez Bez

If we are honest our home attendances are a bit pants (we all know why) given the size of the city.

The longer people don't attend the more damage is done

12 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

If we are honest our home attendances are a bit pants (we all know why) given the size of the city.

When you price out your POTD supporters, you are only going to suffer long term. 

Double discount for members tomorrow, what is that going to achieve ffs?. Show some compassion, remaining seats anywhere in the ground 25 quid. I'm a season ticket holder but DC'S business acumen is dire.

1 minute ago, gizowl said:

Double discount for members tomorrow, what is that going to achieve ffs?. Show some compassion, remaining seats anywhere in the ground 25 quid. I'm a season ticket holder but DC'S business acumen is dire.

The offers he has done haven't been taken up on previous occasions.

The starting point  - i.e season ticket prices are too high currently, sort them out and everything else can be sorted much easier 

Guest Grez Bez
9 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

When you price out your POTD supporters, you are only going to suffer long term. 

Agree 100%

Slowly liking the club, particularly whilst the Blades are in the prem

The home attendance is currently averaging at around 24k isn't it?

Not including the 1st season with Carlos where it was around 27k this has pretty much been the same figure for the last 20 years regardless of cost.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

My ST works out at £24 per home game for a good seat & view in the cantilever. Do you think that's too much, really?

yes i do 

Mine is £28 per match at early bird prices in the south 

For people putting their money in up front the prices should be a lot lower

I think we are in the top 3 cost wise.

£28 should be the maximum potg price never mind what a season ticket works out at each match 

A lot of premier league clubs are cheaper than ours - how can that be right?

45 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

"Given the size of the city"

Had this discussion the other day.

Birmingham with 4 times the population of Sheffield has terrible support.

Leeds being the same size but only one team also pisspoor support.

Even the London teams with 20 times the population and only a handful of Premier League teams also awful support. 

13 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

The home attendance is currently averaging at around 24k isn't it?

Not including the 1st season with Carlos where it was around 27k this has pretty much been the same figure for the last 20 years regardless of cost.

Except for the majority of those 20 years we were garbage and never finished in the top half until 4 years ago 

Now we are pushing for promotion and as you say the crowds are just the same ( only much quieter)  

People such as me that had a season ticket for 20 odd years (before I finally had enough) are now out of the habit and will take some winning back ,and been thrown a Tuesday night *** bit isn't going to change that 

• Thanks 1

Just now, the monk said:

Except for the majority of those 20 years we were garbage and never finished in the top half until 4 years ago 

Now we are pushing for promotion and as you say the crowds are just the same ( only much quieter)  

People such as me that had a season ticket for 20 odd years (before I finally had enough) are now out of the habit and will take some winning back ,and been thrown a Tuesday night *** bit isn't going to change that 

''Winning back'' - meaning coming back when we are good or its cheaper?

59 minutes ago, farlego said:

This /\/\

Was going to plus the OP until I read the last like 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, the monk said:

I think you missed my point - the crowds are the same size regardless of performance.