Dominic Iorfa November Player of the Month.

Very well deserved been a real find this lad.  Has the ability to play in numerous positions and I do wonder if he could play in midfield to.

On a more serious note there is an article The Star about Mark Bright receiving vile racist abuse during his time at Hillsborough when Everton were thinking about signing him.   

So it's nice to know that players are been voted on their ability and not the colour of their skin. Is this progress or would Mark Bright have been voted as player of the month in his time here which I believe he would have.

Hope Lorfa reaches the heights Bright did in his career. 

17 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

So it's nice to know that players are been voted on their ability and not the colour of their skin.

Unfortunately there will always will be a few racist idiots banging about. 

Calling this "progress" is a bit of an insult to much of our fan base, as I'm sure the vast majority of us haven't been judging players based on the colour of their skin. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bobness said:

Unfortunately there will always will be a few racist idiots banging about. 

Calling this "progress" is a bit of an insult to much of our fan base, as I'm sure the vast majority of us haven't been judging players based on the colour of their skin. 

Might have been a bit clumsy in my choice of words. 

• Like 1

I remember the bad old days. Managers didn't like coloured players because they were all right when it was warm but they were rubbish in winter because they couldn't take the cold weather.

They were ok when they were winning but they had no fight when they went behind. I actually remember some manager saying that on the TV.

All proved totally wrong over the years but when I was a lad you didn't see that many coloured players. If the opposition turned up with a coloured player the monkey noises would start.

You didn't see many coloured people in Sheffield back in the 60's. I remember being 6 or 7 and my parents dragging me outside to see a coloured guy walking up Penistone Road. First one I'd ever seen. I can't even imagine how it made the poor guy feel having all the kids staring at him like that. Probably long dead now but he deserves an apology, we were kids, we didn't know any better.

The world has changed dramatically since then. It barely seems possible that it was only 50 - 60 years ago. We've come a long way and I'm glad we have

5 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Iorfa, great signing by Bruce. Pity SB moved on because he's the first decent manager we've had in terms of recruitment for ages.

the head scouts bruce fetched in are something we have missed for years , im sure if they were here 5 years ago we wouldn't have signed so many ageing crocks . bruce also showed the door to hooper which I think was totally the right thing , 30k a week to play golf ,18 months 2.3 million earned since boxing day 2017 where he hardly laced his boots . we would have a squad now almost certainly would have gained promotion and we would have loads of saleable players , at present we have very few, but iorfa has been an outstanding signing. 

18 hours ago, Mycroft said:

and I do wonder if he could play in midfield to.

Yes, good point.  Boerner could take his place in the backfield, and Iorfa likes running the ball into midfield, at least, so he just might be that "scary" CM we've all dreamed about.

15 minutes ago, Lincowl said:

Odd racial point to throw in. This club has had Lee Grant, Liam Palmer and last season Michael Hector as player of the season, let alone player of the month.

Even Guylain Ndumbu-Nsungu.

I read both articles within minutes  of each and was struck by the contrast of the two.

Minor point for me the only race is the human race