Fessi's ban

Guest The Claw
1 hour ago, Mr. Tom said:

Folks who have never and will never experience racial abuse, bias or profiling profiling in any form always seem shockingly comfortable defining what is/isn’t racist - not saying on here per se, we don’t all know each others’ circumstances or backgrounds - but generally, whenever this discussion comes up.

I’ve never understood how so many of us with zero experience or insight of being on the sharp end often seem so confident about saying exactly where the dividing line is between ‘banter’ (the great white wail!) and public displays of ignorance/prejudice deserving of a stern reprimand and/or education.

Seems to me that well-meaning but noisy folk not listening or admitting they know nowt about does a lot more to keep the problem churning than we probably realise, in football and elsewhere.

Edit: again, NOT having a pop at anyone here, hope that’s obvious. I’m just genuinely surprised at the confidence, it’s an issue I Always feel very hesitant to comment definitively on.

Good definite comment tho

6 hours ago, Blue and white said:

nothing like a bit of casual racism, or perhaps a little institutional racism.

Racism is racism end of.

So would you view Silva's ill advised tweet as seriously as the accusation levelled at Forestieri?  Genuinely interested in your view of this - I can understand how a social media comment has a much wider audience (and potential knock-on impact)  but so far have considered racial abuse to be the greater offence, hence the longer ban.

9 hours ago, Steve Down South said:

So would you view Silva's ill advised tweet as seriously as the accusation levelled at Forestieri?  Genuinely interested in your view of this - I can understand how a social media comment has a much wider audience (and potential knock-on impact)  but so far have considered racial abuse to be the greater offence, hence the longer ban.

What did Forestieri do, he was cleared by a court of law so, the FA set up a kangaroo court and fecked him over.

One rule for one, one rule for another.

• Like 1

What annoys me more (on a side note) is the FA did for Forestieri for an event (still questionable on proof other than 1 man's word versus another) in 2018 pre-season, but applied a convenient 2019 extended ban, yet swfc can't sell our ground in 2019, but apply it to the 2017/18 accounts. Double standards I tell thee haha. Conspiracy. Where's the FA intervention on that......haha

• Like 1

On 13/11/2019 at 14:49, archieswfc said:

Interesting to see that Bernardo Silva has received a 1 match ban for racism. How is this justified? 

thought exactly that myself.

fessy was assumed to have done it, and there fore he had.

whilst the citeh man has gone as far as writing it, but plays for citeh not nasty, nasty wednesday.

On 13/11/2019 at 15:27, royalowlisback said:

Both completely different things.

Fessi was a case of a Championship player, at a provincial club, and a he said/she said case - with no actual proof, cleared in a court of law but tried in a kangaroo court. 6 game ban.

Silva is Premier League player, at the world's richest club - with evidence anywhere you wish to look. 1 game ban.

Anyone expect anything else?

it's a wonder they've been that 'extreme' with him.

On 13/11/2019 at 15:55, Ethel The Tree said:

The 'case' involving L**ds keeper might be a better comparison

The FA have already drafted in Spanish lip reading experts to prove his guilt

But now they've granted extra time for club and player to lodge an appeal

What's the betting their 'strenuous denials' carry more weight than ours?

are you serious? 'a Spanish lip reading expert'?

so if he say 'yes' then he gets the next job and paycheck, whilst if he say's 'he was asking him what car he'd got?' he's done. also what happens when the club buys 2 'Spanish lip reading experts'?

6 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

are you serious? 'a Spanish lip reading expert'?

so if he say 'yes' then he gets the next job and paycheck, whilst if he say's 'he was asking him what car he'd got?' he's done. also what happens when the club buys 2 'Spanish lip reading experts'?

I haven't made it up - fairly sure the source was an article on the BBC website

Besides, The FA have previous.  They brought in a Portuguese lip reading expert that time to help prove Firmino's innocence

Which kind of indicates a shift in attitude, wouldn't you say?

On 14/11/2019 at 15:01, Mr. Tom said:

Folks who have never and will never experience racial abuse, bias or profiling profiling in any form always seem shockingly comfortable defining what is/isn’t racist - not saying on here per se, we don’t all know each others’ circumstances or backgrounds - but generally, whenever this discussion comes up.

I’ve never understood how so many of us with zero experience or insight of being on the sharp end often seem so confident about saying exactly where the dividing line is between ‘banter’ (the great white wail!) and public displays of ignorance/prejudice deserving of a stern reprimand and/or education.

Seems to me that well-meaning but noisy folk not listening or admitting they know nowt about does a lot more to keep the problem churning than we probably realise, in football and elsewhere.

Edit: again, NOT having a pop at anyone here, hope that’s obvious. I’m just genuinely surprised at the confidence, it’s an issue I Always feel very hesitant to comment definitively on.

I have 'suffered racist abuse, and profiling' and I agree with the people of this country discussing what is and isn't racist in their individual opinion.

it is the suppression of the people's will, that leads to anger, and the british only bottle things up for so long.

On 14/11/2019 at 12:11, Derbyshireowl3 said:

It’s completely different. Silva was Joking with a team mate, but with all the snowflakes in the world right now, they deem it racist. He should know not to say anything out of the box in this Country! 

fessi however wasn’t a joke, and didn’t know the player involved ( if he did actually say it ) 

For once the FA have used a tiny tiny bit of common sense and not give him the full ban . (even tho a 1 match ban is joke) 

you can't joke with a team mate in racist terms.

many years ago there were riots in sheffield, 4 of us were in my car passing an area where blacks were (let's call it demonstrating). they guy next to me lowered the window and shouted 'F*** OFF BACK HOME YOU B**** B*****DS',  I said you can't shout that, we've got ***** in the back (yes, he was black). the reply was '***** doesn't count, he's one of the lads'.