Fessi's ban

12 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Actually, that’s what’s happening so I’d like you to answer my question first.

Do you think investigating allegations of racist language is ‘blowing things out of proportion?’

Get back to me.

I don't think either incidents that i mentioned were at all racist 

19 hours ago, Steve Down South said:

Totally different circumstances - no need for the persecution complex.

The thing that anoys me is silvas was there for the world to see on twitter wasn't it. All the Evidence needed  there in full colour. 

Nando's was speculation with no actual witnesses or solid prosecution, which it feels more like one rule for one, one rule for the big boys. 

What with double standards, I sometimes wonder how serious the EFA are with regards to stamping out racism.

"Banter between team mates" may be one thing, but publishing a controversial comment in front of up to 600,000 followers is surely a far more serious offence that deserves more than a one match ban and a week's wages.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

So you think that because you don't think it was racist (based only on what you've read, I assume) that investigating is 'blowing things out of proportion'

Right.

Investigating every trivial thing, out of nothing but fear for being ''non PC'' will set the whole equal rights campaign back in my opinion.

Education rather than these highly publicised shows would be far better 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Musn't Grumble said:

What with double standards, I sometimes wonder how serious the EFA are with regards to stamping out racism.

"Banter between team mates" may be one thing, but publishing a controversial comment in front of up to 600,000 followers is surely a far more serious offence that deserves more than a one match ban and a week's wages.

Drink driving and putting lives at risk is far more serious than sending a joke cartoon picture to a mate i'd have thought, but it doesn't fit with the current FA agenda 

25 minutes ago, torres said:

Investigating every trivial thing, out of nothing but fear for being ''non PC'' will set the whole equal rights campaign back in my opinion.

Education rather than these highly publicised shows would be far better 

So investigating a report of someone allegedly using the N-word on a football pitch is ‘trivial’

Shameful.

Edited by McRightSide

7 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

So investigating a report of someone allegedly using the N-word on a football pitch is ‘trivial’

Shameful.

That was FF not the ones i suggested  - i think you need more education 

In terms of the FF case, i do think it's a disgrace it went as far as court 

Edited by torres

19 hours ago, torres said:

If he gets done for that then i think they are taking all too far 

30 minutes ago, torres said:

That was FF not the ones i suggested  - i think you need more education 

In terms of the FF case, i do think it's a disgrace it went as far as court 

You were very clearly talking about the Casilla case.

Casilla’s case is an allegation of using the N word.

You think ‘if he gets done for that it’s taking it too far’ and investigating it is ‘blowing it out of proportion’

Its all there in this thread.

Shameful. And just shows how far we have to go to tackle racism in football.

4 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

You were very clearly talking about the Casilla case.

Casilla’s case is an allegation of using the N word.

You think ‘if he gets done for that it’s taking it too far’ and investigating it is ‘blowing it out of proportion’

Its all there in this thread.

Shameful. And just shows how far we have to go to tackle racism in football.

It isn't 

It’s completely different. Silva was Joking with a team mate, but with all the snowflakes in the world right now, they deem it racist. He should know not to say anything out of the box in this Country! 

fessi however wasn’t a joke, and didn’t know the player involved ( if he did actually say it ) 

For once the FA have used a tiny tiny bit of common sense and not give him the full ban . (even tho a 1 match ban is joke) 

20 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

It was interesting that the FA didn’t actually come off the fence and call FF a racist (if I remember right) but they banned him for abusive language or something similar 

I thought they made it 6 games because it was racist.

Folks who have never and will never experience racial abuse, bias or profiling profiling in any form always seem shockingly comfortable defining what is/isn’t racist - not saying on here per se, we don’t all know each others’ circumstances or backgrounds - but generally, whenever this discussion comes up.

I’ve never understood how so many of us with zero experience or insight of being on the sharp end often seem so confident about saying exactly where the dividing line is between ‘banter’ (the great white wail!) and public displays of ignorance/prejudice deserving of a stern reprimand and/or education.

Seems to me that well-meaning but noisy folk not listening or admitting they know nowt about does a lot more to keep the problem churning than we probably realise, in football and elsewhere.

Edit: again, NOT having a pop at anyone here, hope that’s obvious. I’m just genuinely surprised at the confidence, it’s an issue I Always feel very hesitant to comment definitively on.

Edited by Mr. Tom