Time for Lee & Luongo to start

Both of these to me should start against Leeds, and that probably means benching Bannan.   Yes Bannan is the one who delivers the killer balls but he sometimes makes us predictable - and Lee and Luongo both offer an awful lot moving forwards.   

With Hutch just behind them, we could actually be more of an attacking force moving forwards.   We don't score much from Midfield - Luongo has a couple now, and to be honest his goals have been opportunistic - just like Lee of old.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beholder said:

Not sure about this. 

Dropping Bannan ain't gonna happen. 

I don't get this.   Why not?  For all he offers, he also makes the team at times one dimensional.  Now, don't get me wrong, when he's on song he is a joy to behold but I do think we should mix it up and not be predictable for the opposition also.

Hutch and Luongo bossed midfield 1st half, won the battles and the Stoke players never had time to settle. 

That daft tackle early doors from Hutch was pure frustration at everyone backing off, daft tackle yes but it got the message across to our players and theirs that were gonna get stuck in.

Bazza got in the mix too when needed but could have kept the ball better at times I thought.

9 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

To suggest dropping Bannan is absolute madness. Some of the passes he makes are simply sublime.

With no one to pass to tonight, he was frustrated somewhat.

Lee and Luongo are the type to make space, be creative and offer alternatives.

The problem with Bannan is he won't play left of centre, which would be ideal, then you could accommodate all of them.

Just now, Salmonbones said:

I agree with this but tonight the whole side were below par I thought.

Yes and no, every team in the championship seemed to struggle tonight , wbrom,Leeds us, just part of the league I think , stoke broke down and cant handle the high amount of fixtures that's why it's such a good league I think the unpredictability 

1 minute ago, Salmonbones said:

I don't get this.   Why not?  For all he offers, he also makes the team at times one dimensional.  Now, don't get me wrong, when he's on song he is a joy to behold but I do think we should mix it up and not be predictable for the opposition also.

Im not confident enough that Lee would be a better choice than Bannan. 

Yeh the Lee from three years ago.

But I need to see him play like that again from the bench before swapping Bannan for him. 

Just now, Beholder said:

Im not confident enough that Lee would be a better choice than Bannan. 

Yeh the Lee from three years ago.

But I need to see him play like that again from the bench before swapping Bannan for him. 

He did play like that already this season against Barnsley.