Time for Lee & Luongo to start

34 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Lee is finished and should be nothing more than back up behind pelupessy. Ideally I’d like to improve on Hutchinson and bannan but realistically Rome wasn’t built in a day and money is tight . Luongo should be the first name with the rest filtering in how monk sees fit. 

Lee played well when he came on and even with his injury issues is twice the player of Pelupessey 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hitcat said:

Sorry but Lee is well off the pace at the moment. So it's a no from me. 

45 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Lee is finished and should be nothing more than back up behind pelupessy. Ideally I’d like to improve on Hutchinson and bannan but realistically Rome wasn’t built in a day and money is tight . Luongo should be the first name with the rest filtering in how monk sees fit. 

He is not finished but yes he is well off the pace.

He has lost speed and strength. It would be a miracle if he hadn’t.

In a midfield 3, at home, against modest opponents (is there such a thing in this crazy Championship?) I think he is still a good option, but he is nowhere near what he was.

Of course, it’s entirely possible that his speed and certainly his strength will improve. Hope so.

Putting aside the emotional loyalty to Kieran that many of us rightly show, Luongo is the stronger option right now. But Kieran coming on for fatigue or injury with 25 minutes left is a great option.

42 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Lee played well when he came on and even with his injury issues is twice the player of Pelupessey 

As usual Wednesday fans living in the past . Pelupessy is now a better option than lee and his performances this year have been better . That’s just how it is . I agreed with lee getting a year , it was a cheap punt and he would still give his all , he is now no longer upto the standard required . 

36 minutes ago, james o connor said:

As usual Wednesday fans living in the past . Pelupessy is now a better option than lee and his performances this year have been better . That’s just how it is . I agreed with lee getting a year , it was a cheap punt and he would still give his all , he is now no longer upto the standard required . 

Well the manager must be living in the past as Lee got on before Joey .

Lee started the season well and then faded a bit but thats understandable from where he has been . 

Lee still has plenty to offer or he wouldn't be getting in the squad would he 

But you would know better than Monk wouldn't you ? 

10 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Well the manager must be living in the past as Lee got on before Joey .

Lee started the season well and then faded a bit but thats understandable from where he has been . 

Lee still has plenty to offer or he wouldn't be getting in the squad would he 

But you would know better than Monk wouldn't you ? 

Can hardly drop him from the squad, we haven’t got any other CMs to take his place.

53 minutes ago, james o connor said:

In your black and white world  Pessy is apparently better than Lee.  But they are different players? Lee came on for Luongo and the job was to retain possession and break forward. There is absolutely no way that Pessy was a better option on Tuesday. You want to simplfy things too much matey.

On 22/10/2019 at 22:52, Salmonbones said:

Both of these to me should start against Leeds, and that probably means benching Bannan.   Yes Bannan is the one who delivers the killer balls but he sometimes makes us predictable - and Lee and Luongo both offer an awful lot moving forwards.   

With Hutch just behind them, we could actually be more of an attacking force moving forwards.   We don't score much from Midfield - Luongo has a couple now, and to be honest his goals have been opportunistic - just like Lee of old.  

#justsayno #crackiswhack WTF:

On 23/10/2019 at 15:41, Quist said:

This post is spot on. We have certain players who have very good qualities and are a real talent. However the opposition know this and put plans in place to thwart them playing to their strengths. 

Our current midfield finds it difficult against pacey highly energetic midfield players because neither are blessed with great pace. Leeds are a team who will use lots of pace in this area and a method will have to be found to counter this.  Bannan has not been seen at his best in last two games because opposition have players who disrupt his style. The OP made a suggestion and if Lee had running power of 3 seasons ago it would be a good call. The midfield players at Monk's disposal do not fit together ideally in all situations and I am certain this and striking area are high on agenda for additions to be made.

But other players are getting more space  such as luongo  and taking up the mantal. Same as teams are doubling up on Harris but its opening it up for other players. More of these quality plays  you have the greater chance of winning

On 22/10/2019 at 22:52, Salmonbones said:

Both of these to me should start against Leeds, and that probably means benching Bannan.   Yes Bannan is the one who delivers the killer balls but he sometimes makes us predictable - and Lee and Luongo both offer an awful lot moving forwards.   

With Hutch just behind them, we could actually be more of an attacking force moving forwards.   We don't score much from Midfield - Luongo has a couple now, and to be honest his goals have been opportunistic - just like Lee of old.  

Or Lee for Reach. Luongo was already starting. 

On 23/10/2019 at 09:39, asteener1867 said:

Can we not simply drop Bannan when he has a bad game?

instead of shouting for his head when he's merely the second or third best player on the pitch?

Its bloody nonsense

Well to be fair I suggested starting others in front of Bannan, not stating that Bannan should be relegated to the bench.

Admittedly that is semantics because it amounts to the same thing, but I was being positive about a different midfield three rather than being negative about Bannan, and if you look back I have said some very positive things about Bannan too.

I merely think we need to keep players on their feet and making a change like this could be very positive whilst giving a proverbial kick up the backside to some who think they are assured a start.

14 hours ago, james o connor said:

Lee has shown this season he is still class and has the ability.

He can't show it when he ain't on the pitch.   He can't stay match fit with the game time under his belt.

Also, and this is my most pertinent point.   Which town is missing their idiot when you are on here?

Edited by Salmonbones

dont fix what ain't broken and all that, may not be entertaining football but we look solid as a rock and il take scrappy 1 nillers for the rest of the season! Not one team in the division really gets me thinking they're going to be contenders for promotion