False Position?

7 hours ago, McRightSide said:

We’ve had an easy start, no question 

I disagree mate. Lost Brucie and his boys at a vital time, in steps Bulley to do his best but sadly lacking, and in comes GM without a chance of any preperation. Worst possible start to the season for the club and we've done well to be where we are.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Are we forgetting what Hull did to us last season at their place or are they another of those teams we should be beating ?

I’ll never forget that game.....timewasting after 2 minutes......we will play better on Tuesday than last year......fact 

9 hours ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Look on the flip side , a lot of the sides we have won would have been higher up if they beat us, eg boro, Luton for example would be top half 

Exactly 

Most of those sides are near the bottom because Wednesday whooped their a$s

• Like 1

2 hours ago, doubleo said:

I disagree mate. Lost Brucie and his boys at a vital time, in steps Bulley to do his best but sadly lacking, and in comes GM without a chance of any preperation. Worst possible start to the season for the club and we've done well to be where we are.

Yep 

Also worth noting that in Monk’s first 3 games all 3 have parachute payments and two of them were in the PL last season 

Edited by Stoop

3 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

We were never going to finish in the top 2 that season so the records show we did enough against all the teams at either end of the table to warrant a play-off spot. The records then show that we did enough to see off the side that were easily the 3rd best team in the division that season and the semi-final but simply didn't turn up in the final. The 48 games that went before the final had little bearing on that 90 minutes.

...yet here we are.

2 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

I think Monk will get us in with a chance of top 6.. about right with what he's got to work with.. I don't think there'll be money in January so don't expect a Christmas miracle..

I’ve got a feeling if we are anywhere near they’ll be some money available-or at least they should be. 

Joao & Bruce money + ground “sale” supposedly getting us out of the woods regards ffp - or is that over simplifying it 

Just now, torres said:

I’ve got a feeling if we are anywhere near they’ll be some money available-or at least they should be. 

Joao & Bruce money + ground “sale” supposedly getting us out of the woods regards ffp - or is that over simplifying it 

From what I can see that's all gone on keeping us out of umbogo... I could be wrong but that's how I read it.

If Monk can get an 18 firing out of what we've got then dosh won't be an issue.. it's tough for him either way imo..

I think we're sailing close to the wind, but who really knows?  Only one guy...

If we ship out a player or two, maybe we could stretch to a cheap purchase.  Otherwise, there's probably room for a loan or two.  Depends what Monk targets I suppose. 

What do we rerally need?  A left back?

Just now, Costello 77 said:

From what I can see that's all gone on keeping us out of umbogo... I could be wrong but that's how I read it.

If Monk can get an 18 firing out of what we've got then dosh won't be an issue.. it's tough for him either way imo..

If it’s all gone on being umbongo free then top 6 is tough but not impossible 

Sadly I think we still lack a bit of athleticism up top 

Hopefully if we get Rhodes off the wage bill in January it might allow for a decent loan 

14 minutes ago, torres said:

I still think we have to sell to buy.

1 minute ago, torres said:

If it’s all gone on being umbongo free then top 6 is tough but not impossible 

Sadly I think we still lack a bit of athleticism up top 

Hopefully if we get Rhodes off the wage bill in January it might allow for a decent loan 

That's it with us.. apart from João and Judas v2.0 we can only operate in the market by freeing up wages..

• Like 1

Just now, Suzuki_San said:

You and I both think that, but...old DC has pulled aces from his sleeves a few times now.  :happy:

That's true.. but you can only go to the well a finite amount of times... I think we'll have to be managed out of this division..

But I'm always wrong about everything:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I still think we have to sell to buy.

While I think we have a decent enough squad I don’t think we have many “big” sellable assets. 

The amounts we’d get for a Reach, Bannan, Fletcher wouldn’t be worth the loss of player to the squad. 

I just hope somehow we get Rhodes out of the club as currently he’s the only real major drain on resources (in terms of inactive member of the squad)

16 minutes ago, torres said:

While I think we have a decent enough squad I don’t think we have many “big” sellable assets. 

The amounts we’d get for a Reach, Bannan, Fletcher wouldn’t be worth the loss of player to the squad. 

I just hope somehow we get Rhodes out of the club as currently he’s the only real major drain on resources (in terms of inactive member of the squad)

Due to FFP, it would only make sense to loan him...or sell for 4m+