Sol Campbell

7 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Apparently he’s walked out of Macc Town over wages too, 2 games in to the new season, another question mark over loyalty.

Please feel free to advise us how long someone should work without being paid, to avoid being called disloyal.

• Haha 1

A fair few are talking as if it’s Bullen vs Campbell but there are loads of more experienced championship level managers already available. Campbell would be a really bold choice under those circumstances and he could well be amazing, but as we’ve just seen with two gambles as manager in Carlos a stylish and maverick character and a quiet thinker in Jos, it was a steady experienced hand that we needed in the end. 

6 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

Christ.. Just shows that DC and his advisors are the same lame lot that got Jos in. How anyone can think this bloke would take us to the prem. I'd have Bullen a million times over him. 

Intetesting that you disagree that much of this thread is Bullen vs Campbell then just mention those two 

9 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

Christ.. Just shows that DC and his advisors are the same lame lot that got Jos in. How anyone can think this bloke would take us to the prem. I'd have Bullen a million times over him. 

On what basis do you think "DC and his advisors" are thinking "this bloke [Campbell] would take us to the Prem."?

There is absolutely no evidence to suggest SC is being considered by anyone at the club for the job as manager or head coach.

Sky Bet and an Owlstalk meltdown DO NOT constitute such evidence.

4 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Intetesting that you disagree that much of this thread is Bullen vs Campbell then just mention those two 

well thread title is Sol Campbell and current head coach/manager is LB so i thought it appropriate. 

3 hours ago, rickygoo said:

Does losing in the Championship play offs qualify a bloke to take over a team that's has an ambition to win the Champions League?  Chelsea presumably think so. 

It's a matter of assessing the man himself. We've seen bits of Campbell on the telly etc. We're all entitled to our opinions but in reality none of us know much about him. He could be amazing. He could be terrible. Most likely he would be something in between. Whoever gets the job  - and I don't think it will be Campbell - we have to trust Chansiri's judgement and give the new bloke time.  

Well that'll be a first.

1 minute ago, Tamworthowl said:

On what basis do you think "DC and his advisors" are thinking "this bloke [Campbell] would take us to the Prem."?

There is absolutely no evidence to suggest SC is being considered by anyone at the club for the job as manager or head coach.

Sky Bet and an Owlstalk meltdown DO NOT constitute such evidence.

Thank god for that, mi meltdown is over :ghoulguy:

14 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

Not as lame as someone believing a thread on owlstalk is accurate.

:duntmatter:

• Like 1