SYP To Change Approach.....Finally

5 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Yea but you don't treat 'em like tw *ts  while they are doing 30 do you...?

If they're coked off their face, being a lobber and threatening to punch other motorists... they get very little sympathy

10 minutes ago, Minton said:

I work alongside the police on a few TV shows and I clearly you don't have any idea how vast the areas are that the individual forces cover with so few officers. If some football fans stopped being such tails and just flipping behaved themselves (you know, like the majority of fans do already) then maybe things would improve.

Totally agree on that bit....

• Thanks 1

On the subject of shutting down South Yorkshire Police Minton said:

And replaced with what? A local militia?

It would have been very easy to put to put SYP under special measures and place the area under the jurisdiction of another force.

Such crass and at times fraudulent behaviour should not have been tolerated by any UK government, in my view.

1 minute ago, Minton said:

If they're coked off their face, being a lobber and threatening to punch other motorists... they get very little sympathy

Think you missed the point Minton

The majority of Wednesday fans are well behaved, the majority of football fans are well behaved.

Football fans get lumped in together...motorists don't

1 hour ago, Minton said:

If only some of the football fans in the city (from both sides) weren't complete lobbers, it wouldn't need to be policed any more than regular games :ghoulguy:

Being as we live in the world in which we do.

SYP should police accordingly. 

They all have the same mindset in syp . Changing the rules will mean nothing to the , it's what we've always done , lot . Laughing stock police force who are simply the biggest hooligans but are allowed as they are in a uniform . No lose gamble . Behave as aggressively as you can and if anyone complains simply state that it was , proportionate . Police speak for , we will behave as we like . I have lived all over Britain and south Yorkshire police are by far the most condescending and aggressive whether it is on the beat , at a match or pulling someone over . 

5 minutes ago, cross owl said:

They all have the same mindset in syp . Changing the rules will mean nothing to the , it's what we've always done , lot . Laughing stock police force who are simply the biggest hooligans but are allowed as they are in a uniform . No lose gamble . Behave as aggressively as you can and if anyone complains simply state that it was , proportionate . Police speak for , we will behave as we like . I have lived all over Britain and south Yorkshire police are by far the most condescending and aggressive whether it is on the beat , at a match or pulling someone over . 

Just remember that the police are outnumbered probably 1000 to 1. You have to act aggressively or it's not going to go well

• Haha 2

Just now, Minton said:

Just remember that the police are outnumbered probably 1000 to 1. You have to act aggressively or it's not going to go well

Really?

Does that equation take in the number of actual football fans at a game, compared to the number of police?

OR

The number of "hooligans" at a game compared to the police?

Cos I can assure you I sit amongst 20 Owls fans who don't need a f.ookin' policeman.

I mean me grandaughter can be a bit of a handful at times.........................but..........

Show me your equation

• Haha 1

Just now, Minton said:

Rubbish . You treat people like animals you will get an animalistic response.  If I ask you to mind your back or tell you to get the f@@k out of my way . What will your response to both approaches be , the same ? Police have to be robust in some situations , of course they do but not like that all the time like the thugs in uniform in syp are . 

Not really. They should treat anyone appropriate to the situation that they are dealing with. They should, wherever possible, handle situations diplomatically and sympathetically. If they do that, the overwhelming number of people they deal with will reciprocate in kind. If they (the police) act like assholes, all they will do is create a bigger barrier between themselves and the people that are paid to protect.

7 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Really?

Does that equation take in the number of actual football fans at a game, compared to the number of police?

OR

The number of "hooligans" at a game compared to the police?

Cos I can assure you I sit amongst 20 Owls fans who don't need a f.ookin' policeman.

I mean me grandaughter can be a bit of a handful at times.........................but..........

Show me your equation

I take your point, I was comparing officers to total crowd. And even then, that's an exaggeration 

Edited by Minton
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

long winded way of sayin' 

"I was totally f.ookin' wrong" Minton lol

I was wrong yep.

It's still a huge number of fans to officers though. Whilst there are some bell-end bobbies out there, the vast majority are doing the only thing they can.

3 minutes ago, Minton said:

I was wrong yep.

It's still a huge number of fans to officers though. Whilst there are some bell-end bobbies out there, the vast majority are doing the only thing they can.

Yeah being incompetent , heavy handed , having no people skills , condescending and generally being a@@e h@@@s lol

I was wrong yep.

Its a huge number of people compared to officers everywhere mate...

South Yorks police have had a problem for long enough...not all of them, but its the same with football supporters, its not all of them.

Ask any Wednesday fan, where the trouble is is, and has been for a while at Hillsborough..ask any Blades fan where the trouble lies at the Lane...They f.ookin' know...The Police know...

The Police also have a very good idea of a lot of the fans that cause it....

1 hour ago, Minton said:

I'm part of the crew on Traffic Cops and Interceptors. Telly folk are a picnic compared to some of the stuff we end up filming. We had one guy doing 151mph on the wrong side of a dual carriageway a couple of weeks ago 

I was doing 153 actually