SYP To Change Approach.....Finally

5 hours ago, kristmace said:

Good. Definitely about time. 

I'm glad they're consulting with other forces. West Yorkshire Police seem to manage Elland Road fairly well.

They do indeed. Not one to have ago at SYP as we do have some total fools but does seem to be confrontational at times. Although from what I see there are police from Northumberland, Merseyside etc etc who seem to make 7p a large chunk.of the numbers so is it our own SYP being over zealous or others?

I agree with a lot of what's been said about SYP. But it's a really difficult job. The stuff happening in Denaby and Mexboro with the gangs from Pitsmoor doesn't get any press but believe me, the police have done an unbelievable job. It's the same all over.

So let's look in the mirror. We say we hate United. But its fake hate. In a real war we would be fighting beside each other. The stuff the police have to deal with is us and them CHOOSING to hate each other. Other Sheffielders arent the real dangers to our freedoms or liberty. I enjoy the banter the shouting and the pointing but on reflection it's gone too far recently. Its toxic.

We all need to tone it down a notch.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Peacenocchio said:

I agree with a lot of what's been said about SYP. But it's a really difficult job. The stuff happening in Denaby and Mexboro with the gangs from Pitsmoor doesn't get any press but believe me, the police have done an unbelievable job. It's the same all over.

So let's look in the mirror. We say we hate United. But its fake hate. In a real war we would be fighting beside each other. The stuff the police have to deal with is us and them CHOOSING to hate each other. Other Sheffielders arent the real dangers to our freedoms or liberty. I enjoy the banter the shouting and the pointing but on reflection it's gone too far recently. Its toxic.

We all need to tone it down a notch.

We can't police it...The Police can control the Police....You and me can do absolutely Jack about how other fans behave...Its not in our remit....

You see posts on here about 

"Well I said to this racist/ hooligan/ mysoginist"

...total crap...No f.ooker hardly does it..Its to garner plus points on here

and in all honesty..Its not our remit is it ?

You don't finish yer supper and say to the missus 

"I'm just off out to catch a rapist"...Do you?

Its not your job...

39 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

I agree with much of what you say, Asteener, but unfortunately, the aftermath of the Disaster has certainly made SYP  'Over zealous'.  I also have to travel from the KOp end under the South to get to my seat and often tell away supporters that the best way to get to the Lepp is under the south. It annoys me when sometimes coming from W'ite car park and approaching Herries Road, find police insisting that away supporters travel via Vere Rd instead of cutting through under the South.

The point I make is that you can see large crowds at local derbies in most sports with a far  smaller policing level. I believe that separation of fans has not helped.,

But What's special about wed/Utd.?

There is trouble at most Derbies, young men want to prove themselves and fronting up to your rivals gives you much credence amongst their peers.

Humans are animals after all and will protect their territory.  

37 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

We can't police it...The Police can control the Police....You and me can do absolutely Jack about how other fans behave...Its not in our remit....

You see posts on here about 

"Well I said to this racist/ hooligan/ mysoginist"

...total crap...No f.ooker hardly does it..Its to garner plus points on here

and in all honesty..Its not our remit is it ?

You don't finish yer supper and say to the missus 

"I'm just off out to catch a rapist"...Do you?

Its not your job...

Well I'm starting with the man in the mirror. I'm asking him to change his ways.

And personally I will call out racism homophobia etc even with family and yes it is our remit. As the saying goes all it takes for evil to prosper is for good people to say nothing.

And I'm really not sure about the catching rapists point when we are discussing football violence tbh but seeing as it's you I'm sure it was well meant.

4 hours ago, cross owl said:

I love those programs . Just shows how useless the police and our courts are . How unfit you have to be to be a copper and blaming the weight of the equipment making them unable to run five feet rather than the fifty pies and laziness .Most of the people they catch are released without charge and the ones they actually prosecute get laughably light sentences . The voice overs are great , public member drives like an idiot and its , fool putting lives in danger . Copper drives like it's his first day behind the wheel and its , only the drivers fantastic skill and training stopping an accident WTF: so what does 153 feel like :Chansiri:

Why are they realeased without a charge? Who's fault is that?

12 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

No they're not. Evidence? 

Evidence? What you want me to name the senior officer? 

SYP are thought of as unfit for purpose by this (large) force. 

Thats all the evidence you’re going to get 

17 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

The courts. The police don't write the laws or sentence people, they just enforce it.

2 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Evidence? What you want me to name the senior officer? 

SYP are thought of as unfit for purpose by this (large) force. 

Thats all the evidence you’re going to get 

Yeah name them. If SYP are that bad name names and let's get the evidence that says they're not fit for purpose. Which large force WYP? No. Humberside? No. Met? No. GMP? No. Come on stand on!!!!

23 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

Look at some of the people they arrest on these programs . Even someone with no knowledge at all knows the police have absolutely nothing on them so instead of going and doing something they can make stick they arrest them , do all the paperwork , take themselves off the street for a few hours and waste time interviewing them and all the while knowing full well they haven't got anything they can charge them with . Nothing to do with cps if you arrest someone when you know you haven't got anything whatsoever on them . They whine on about cuts but as soon as a footie match rolls into town they can suddenly magic enough money to stick enough police on it to bring in coppers from all over britain while splashing overtime everywhere . 

3 minutes ago, cross owl said:

Look at some of the people they arrest on these programs . Even someone with no knowledge at all knows the police have absolutely nothing on them so instead of going and doing something they can make stick they arrest them , do all the paperwork , take themselves off the street for a few hours and waste time interviewing them and all the while knowing full well they haven't got anything they can charge them with . Nothing to do with cps if you arrest someone when you know you haven't got anything whatsoever on them . They whine on about cuts but as soon as a footie match rolls into town they can suddenly magic enough money to stick enough police on it to bring in coppers from all over britain while splashing overtime everywhere . 

Officers have to act on suspicion. Sometimes they have no option other than to arrest people on suspicion of whatever. People report crime and they are duty bound to investigate it. Sometimes it's a "No cough no job" but if they didn't the complaint would wing it's way in. The level of complaints have increased 100 fold because people can. I don't know what job you do but do you get the same level of scrutiny?

Regards football staffing. The United fixtures came out yesterday. Officers have already had their weekends off cancelled. The Wednesday Barnsley Rotherham Doncaster fixtures are out next week. More cancelled weekends. Not overtime, cancelled days off. Response cops get 3 weekends in 10 off. They aren't there because they want to be. It's because they have to be there. Walk a mile in their footsteps before you slag them off. 

38 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

Yeah name them. If SYP are that bad name names and let's get the evidence that says they're not fit for purpose. Which large force WYP? No. Humberside? No. Met? No. GMP? No. Come on stand on!!!!

No none of those 

And obviously I’m not stupid enough to name any names. There is enough evidence in this thread for that 

5 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

Officers have to act on suspicion. Sometimes they have no option other than to arrest people on suspicion of whatever. People report crime and they are duty bound to investigate it. Sometimes it's a "No cough no job" but if they didn't the complaint would wing it's way in. The level of complaints have increased 100 fold because people can. I don't know what job you do but do you get the same level of scrutiny?

Regards football staffing. The United fixtures came out yesterday. Officers have already had their weekends off cancelled. The Wednesday Barnsley Rotherham Doncaster fixtures are out next week. More cancelled weekends. Not overtime, cancelled days off. Response cops get 3 weekends in 10 off. They aren't there because they want to be. It's because they have to be there. Walk a mile in their footsteps before you slag them off. 

Walk a mile.  They are never out of their cars to walk anywhere . Hardly anyone has any faith in the police anymore . I know someone who had their shop burgled . Three days later a copper turned up to say he couldn't do anything . Someone else phoned them up as a burglar was leaving their house as they returned home . The response they got was , were not coming out as they will be long gone by the time we get there . I know half a dozen people who have left jobs I have been at to join up . I asked why as i am interested thinking the responses would be varied . Every single one replied the same answer . It's a great pension and i can retire early . 

Just now, sweetsheri said:

No none of those 

And obviously I’m not stupid enough to name any names. There is enough evidence in this thread for that 

In time honoured Owlstalk tradition I call bull..............

I know a thousand senior officers

who think that  SYP are the dogs....

Come at me bro......

• Haha 1