SYP To Change Approach.....Finally

51 minutes ago, Minton said:

Just remember that the police are outnumbered probably 1000 to 1. You have to act aggressively or it's not going to go well

Wow!  Crowd of 30,000 policed by 30 coppers.

What a load of cr@p.

The 30 policemen had better hope the crowd don't respond aggressively.WTF:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

South Yorkshire Police should have been disbanded years ago.

How can anyone forget Orgreave, 130 fake and forced statements following the Hillsborough diaster and the 300 girls abused by Asian Grooming Gangs in Rotherham.

They even messed up in the Cliff Richard case.

SYP force are a complete laughing stock and it is unbelievable that they are still in existence.

SYP have a long and shameful history of incompetence 

Perhaps instead of lumping all the blame on SYP, who, I consider, are often over-zealous, we should ALL look at ourselves first! Why on earth should normal people who  in many cases work, and often play , alongside each other throughout the week, without trouble, should start and behave like stampeding cattle. I am slow on my feet, walking with two sticks, and usually wait until the majority of fans have left. Often, by 5.10 pm, the big gates on the Kop  are being closed, the ground being empty. 

This in no way leaves the SYP in the clear. I think, and have seen some Officers who have bullied fans fans, mixing together in friendly  banter, into separate queus on approaches to matches. And the stock reply of being understaffed does not hold water. The number of Vehicles on the Hillsborough Corner, and on the verges between Penistone Road, and the number of officers on duty lays lie to this

Maybe the time has come for some sensible behaviour and straight talking and thinking on BOTH sides. Why should what is a relatively small affair compared with many events assume such proportions?. 

1 minute ago, Buxtongent said:

Perhaps instead of lumping all the blame on SYP, who, I consider, are often over-zealous, we should ALL look at ourselves first! Why on earth should normal people who  in many cases work, and often play , alongside each other throughout the week, without trouble, should start and behave like stampeding cattle. I am slow on my feet, walking with two sticks, and usually wait until the majority of fans have left. Often, by 5.10 pm, the big gates on the Kop  are being closed, the ground being empty. 

This in no way leaves the SYP in the clear. I think, and have seen some Officers who have bullied fans fans, mixing together in friendly  banter, into separate queus on approaches to matches. And the stock reply of being understaffed does not hold water. The number of Vehicles on the Hillsborough Corner, and on the verges between Penistone Road, and the number of officers on duty lays lie to this

Maybe the time has come for some sensible behaviour and straight talking and thinking on BOTH sides. Why should what is a relatively small affair compared with many events assume such proportions?. 

It can't happen Buxton..Not with a football crowd...Sure SYP can organise a better policy....but Football fans can't

How are you going to do that?

I'll tell you how football fans have done it...They have learned lessons from what happened at our ground...at Heysel etc...

Have SYP?

I'm not sure..I think the Hillsborough disaster makes them "Over Zealous" at our place.

Have a walk under the South pre match....both sets of fans simply passing each other on their way to their respective ends....bit o banter maybe...thats all.

Take that back to the 80's and early 90's..It would never have bloody happened..No Derby or leeds fan could have walked from the Kop, under The South towards the Lepp without any trouble..It just didn't happen...

These days...hardly noticed....

Football fans have changed...and SYP need to lose the f.ookin' past and change with us

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Womble Owl said:

I was doing 153 actually 

I love those programs . Just shows how useless the police and our courts are . How unfit you have to be to be a copper and blaming the weight of the equipment making them unable to run five feet rather than the fifty pies and laziness .Most of the people they catch are released without charge and the ones they actually prosecute get laughably light sentences . The voice overs are great , public member drives like an idiot and its , fool putting lives in danger . Copper drives like it's his first day behind the wheel and its , only the drivers fantastic skill and training stopping an accident WTF: so what does 153 feel like :Chansiri:

SYP are a disgrace!!! Thugs most of them...cowardly thugs hiding behind a badge/uniform!!!

2 separate incidents for me...first I was been crushed against a barrier at Rotherham away, nearly broke a rib!!! I was attempting to climb over for nothing more than to save myself before it became serious. Police officer was almost laughing at me n said if I climbed over I would be locked up and banned, he just stood and watched.

Incident number two...Leppings Lane!!! Been pushed forwards by police horses whilst offices threw truncheons around like it was sports day. Hit 2 maybe 3 times across the ribs and shoulder whilst they shouted “GET BACK” repeatedly!!! We backed up to try n stop it but was pushed forward by an 800kg animal with four legs!!!

Disgrace of an outfit and so out of touch with modern times it’s unbelievable.

45 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Give over mate...they’ve been doing it for years and not just at football!!! 

Look at anfield, palace...loads of other grounds...Atmospheres...home made flags etc...

Hillsborough?

Bring a f.ookin' wrong coloured balloon in and its a f.ookin' flagrant breach of whatever the f.ook!

Its ludicrous...Its all about what happened in '89...

Wednesday fans were not even in the ground..No matter where you want to lay the blame..and lets be honest..You don't f.ookin' change statements and be on the sodding dodge for 30 years if you don't somehow think theres might be summat iffy.

Heres Joe Wednesday fan...suffering for summat he had absolutely sod all to do with for a third of a bloody century?

Theres a "Guilt" that hangs around Hillsborough that will never change unless we all do.

That incudes SAG, SYP.and all of us....

Instead of having the outlook Hillsborough should be the last to instigate, flags balloons and safe standing...Make it among the first... to show how far football has come since the 80's

To show how far football fans have come..since the '80's

Its gone on long enough now...Wednesday fans did nowt...

SYP?

Thats a different f.ookin' story....isn't it?

I’ve worked with a few different constabularies on match days around the country at various times and they have to deal with very nasty people wanting to do very nasty things. The police tend to front up & project the mentality that “their gang is bigger than your gang”. This unfortunately sometimes alienates the majority of fans behaving themselves but is a product of the scum element they have to deal with.As a group of fans you are an amorphous blob of people that are seen as things to move from one place to another as quickly and incident free as possible.

3 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

I’ve worked with a few different constabularies on match days around the country at various times and they have to deal with very nasty people wanting to do very nasty things. The police tend to front up & project the mentality that “their gang is bigger than your gang”. This unfortunately sometimes alienates the majority of fans behaving themselves but is a product of the scum element they have to deal with.As a group of fans you are an amorphous blob of people that are seen as things to move from one place to another as quickly and incident free as possible.

We know..but the Police by and large know who these idiots are....

I missed 40 minutes of a game away at QPR by being kettled in Wood Lane pre match..Me and the sodding missus...both middle aged football fans...

How on earth do Police see me and the wife as a threat...and why the f.ook should I be held ?

Use common sense...I actually approached a copper and complained..Nowt...

Should I have to get lawyered up to walk down a f.ookin' street?

Its not just SYP..Its a fair few...

Blackburn away a few years ago..Owls fans singing..cue bloody riot police....

Its stupid..its over the top...

Yes there are idiots...but be honest...Its not hard to identify the f.ookers...most fans can...Why can't the police?

11 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

Maybe they should see the individuals in the mob as fellow humans, and that their job is to serve the individuals and not to control them. 

1 minute ago, Mycroft said:

Maybe they should see the individuals in the mob as fellow humans, and that their job is to serve the individuals and not to control them. 

Exactly...Unless of course you want to treat shoppers on oxford St the same way..in case 1 in 50 are shoplifters.......

4 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

We know..but the Police by and large know who these idiots are....

I missed 40 minutes of a game away at QPR by being kettled in Wood Lane pre match..Me and the sodding missus...both middle aged football fans...

How on earth do Police see me and the wife as a threat...and why the f.ook should I be held ?

Use common sense...I actually approached a copper and complained..Nowt...

Should I have to get lawyered up to walk down a f.ookin' street?

Its not just SYP..Its a fair few...

Blackburn away a few years ago..Owls fans singing..cue bloody riot police....

Its stupid..its over the top...

Yes there are idiots...but be honest...Its not hard to identify the f.ookers...most fans can...Why can't the police?

You should be allowed to go about your business unmolested.  Should you commit a crime then be prepared to take the consequences. 

Don't let the bed bugs bite.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

Whenever someone decides to pursue a career as a police officer, this must surely be one of the prime motivators. It is very obvious that police officers will have to deal with very nasty people wanting to do very nasty things. It is what they are there for. But they should be highly trained professionals that can identify the differences among groups of people. They should realise that the overwhelming majority of people appreciate the protection that they provide and want to help them. It does the police no favours to stereotype groups and treat them all in the same derogatory fashion.

I agree with much of what you say, Asteener, but unfortunately, the aftermath of the Disaster has certainly made SYP  'Over zealous'.  I also have to travel from the KOp end under the South to get to my seat and often tell away supporters that the best way to get to the Lepp is under the south. It annoys me when sometimes coming from W'ite car park and approaching Herries Road, find police insisting that away supporters travel via Vere Rd instead of cutting through under the South.

The point I make is that you can see large crowds at local derbies in most sports with a far  smaller policing level. I believe that separation of fans has not helped.,

But What's special about wed/Utd.?

2 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

I agree with much of what you say, Asteener, but unfortunately, the aftermath of the Disaster has certainly made SYP  'Over zealous'.  I also have to travel from the KOp end under the South to get to my seat and often tell away supporters that the best way to get to the Lepp is under the south. It annoys me when sometimes coming from W'ite car park and approaching Herries Road, find police insisting that away supporters travel via Vere Rd instead of cutting through under the South.

The point I make is that you can see large crowds at local derbies in most sports with a far  smaller policing level. I believe that separation of fans has not helped.,

But What's special about wed/Utd.?

Well the police sayin'

"Via Vere Rd"?............. in itself is a bit confusin' lol

Wed /UTD?

It has more problems than any other match doesn't it?..So maybe thats when you take extra precautions....

Its the over exubrance when its just a run of the mill game thats the problem