Fletcher 2019 form

Even while Jos was here he was having a decent season, but like the others he's playing better than they were before now Jos is gone.

By the far the best of his three seasons with us.

I remember the first 20 minutes of his debut for us on the opening day of 2016/17 against Villa at home before he had to go off. He dominated Villa's back line and won absolutely everything. I really thought we'd got the player that was going to see us over the line, but somehow it just never really clicked for him after that. He certainly had his moments, and seemed to relish playing with Hooper in particular, but overall, whilst always at least average, he was a bit of a disappointment.

This season though he's put in a string of wholehearted performances in which he's been a standout performer more often than not. Hector's had a good season, but Fletcher will be getting my vote for the season's best player.

8 minutes ago, cowl said:

Even while Jos was here he was having a decent season, but like the others he's playing better than they were before now Jos is gone.

By the far the best of his three seasons with us.

I remember the first 20 minutes of his debut for us on the opening day of 2016/17 against Villa at home before he had to go off. He dominated Villa's back line and won absolutely everything. I really thought we'd got the player that was going to see us over the line, but somehow it just never really clicked for him after that. He certainly had his moments, and seemed to relish playing with Hooper in particular, but overall, whilst always at least average, he was a bit of a disappointment.

This season though he's put in a string of wholehearted performances in which he's been a standout performer more often than not. Hector's had a good season, but Fletcher will be getting my vote for the season's best player.

Agree with all of this, aside from seasons best player, i think that has to go to Hector. The Villa game he looked immense until going off. I do feel that we have been somewhat short changed with him, not like he's been earning his wage since day 1. 

Will be a key player for us next season 

Have always loved Fletcher - a proper striker. Superb link-up play and ball rentention too, was running circles around the Norwich players at times on Friday, had 3-4 players who couldn’t get the ball off him 

5 hours ago, Holmowl said:

This year to date:-

Started 16

Sub 1

Missed 1

Minutes played 1250 out of 1620 

Goals 8

Minutes per goal 156

This is the period that Bruce or his management team have been in charge. It’s clear that Bruce thinks the world of Fletcher, and has him playing at the peak of his prowess. 

He came back this season looking leaner, fitter and faster. I think there’s little doubt that Bruce will use this Summer to get all our players much fitter than previous Summers. We can hope that Fletcher will come back in August in even better shape. 

Scotland have two games in 5 days in June. We have to hope he is not flogged to death by the next Scotland manager in those matches.

Could Fletcher’s best season for us start in August? It would be fantastic if this skilful warrior could be pivotal in getting Sheffield Wednesday back into the Premier League.

Bruce will have the same effect on Rhodes.

13 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

The only stat which concerns me is that had he scored that peno I genuinely believe we would have beat Villa, beat Norwich and be sat 2 points outside Playoffs. 

Misses too many sitters. If we can pick up a few mill for him then get shut and get a target man in who can score the chances

Update. We'd be now level on points with 6th