1 hour ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

Boro are definitely vulnerable ... Big Steve said if were 3 or 4 points off come Saturday 3 pm, well who knows.

Granted that Derby and Bristol aren’t playing, but a win on Saturday would mean we are at worst 2 points off sixth.  If Villa beat Boro, 3 points off fifth.  

We we simply cannot afford to lose any of Villa, Forest, Bristol or PNE.  

I'd go as far as to say that we have to beat all 4 (with the possible exception  of Forest given the ground that we have to make up). To start with though, 10 points from the next 4 games to get us right in the mix before the 2 'easy' away games at Norwich and Leeds :Sid:

I reckon that if we still be only say 2 points behind 6th after Norwich away then it's definitely on. I'd also say that the team in 6th place won't be wanting to see in it's rear view mirror is a Steve Bruce managed team bearing down on them

6 hours ago, hawksmore said:

If it’s between us, Preston and Bristol for 6th spot then I’m sure we’ll get it. 

Neil is being linked with the WBA job too, hopefully that unsettles Preston. 

Bristol we’ll finish above. 

It ought to be unsettling West Brom too. Look at the mess he's made of Owlstalk.:ghoulguy:

• Haha 1

Just now, Blue and white said:

After the shambles of the first half of the season I think we should just be more than happy to be still in the mix.

I've said for weeks we have a free shot at this and the way Bruce has us set up its other teams who need to be worried.

They've got to be looking at Preston and us and slipping a finger round their collar.

9 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I think the best we can hope for is 18pts, which is good, but will 70 be enough for the play offs? I’m not so sure 

Yes..makes sense.. even optimistic... but you can't do projections like this.

Because of the human factor.

It's got to be based on sequential sets of results...it can alter twice a week and the pressure/despair/hope quotidian alters accordingly.

It may well come down to the fallibility of teams under pressure..rather than form or ability.

Oh..and the owlsmans lucky halftime dumps.

Edited by Costello 77

19 hours ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

Pretty much agree with that. Feels like we're gonna need a max of 2 losses, and VIlla and Preston will be particularly important ones to win.

19 hours ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

In a way it is good that we are playing them because it puts our destiny in our own hands a bit more.

But we DO need to beat them.

Edited by OxonOwl