Play-off push

9 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

Also we have a game in hand over a lot of the teams above us which if won makes the gap just 6 pts, hardly a mountain. There's a few of the sides blocking our path still to play, so who knows, especially as we all know how anyone can beat anyone in this division on their day and all teams have a wobble.

I just want to see commitment and desire from the players,it could happen so lets have a good go at 6th place. 

It's Bristol and Derby on 47 points we need to catch, they have both played the same number of games as we have so the game in hand doesn't exist as far as they are concerned.

That game in hand will allow us to catch a lot of the clubs on 43 points. It shouldn't take much to get to 8th, if we can win the next 3 and the game in hand that should be a good start. It's whether we can.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, prowl said:

It's Bristol and Derby on 47 points we need to catch, they have both played the same number of games as we have so the game in hand doesn't exist as far as they are concerned.

That game in hand will allow us to catch a lot of the clubs on 43 points. It shouldn't take much to get to 8th, if we can win the next 3 and the game in hand that should be a good start. It's whether we can.

Good job we have a manager who knows what he is doing in these situations. Confidence must be a high as it has been for about 2 years here now.

Keep all the key players injury free and I think we will go very close.

Just taken two tramadol off of my next door neighbor who doesn't take them off of the bad back he had off of working for the council...

They should dole them out at the club because I've started looking at the playoffs.

I frightened of having another in case I start a thread about our european ambitions.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Just taken two tramadol off of my next door neighbor who doesn't take them off of the bad back he had off of working for the council...

They should dole them out at the club because I've started looking at the playoffs.

I frightened of having another in case I start a thread about our european ambitions.

tenor (1).gif

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Don't go to Egypt tonight Costello .........

Stay at home be safe ....

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

I take them for my bad back and they don't have that effect on me. Nothing, zilch.

10 hours ago, prowl said:

Exactly bud and we've still got a few of the teams above us to play and I'm thinking about how jos managed to get that fantastic run of results at the back end of the season with mainly the bare bones, so to speak. 

My main thinking is with Bruce in charge with the additional of some pace, a few better players in and all his knowledge of this division, can hopefully replicate a similar run of results which would put us there or there abouts. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, camffiti said:

Posted my pre season prediction of 54 to 56 points, under my avatar 

Just had a quick look at our remaining fixtures and 15 more points are realistic 

On paper, Febs fixtures look easier than March & April, 

15 points from 17 games seems unduly pessimistic . That's relegation form.

My own view is we will probably get about 25 points which is around play off standard. Better than we have done so far this season but not enough to get us into the play offs.

3 minutes ago, prowl said:

15 points from 17 games seems unduly pessimistic . That's relegation form.

My own view is we will probably get about 25 points which is around play off standard. Better than we have done so far this season but not enough to get us into the play offs.

Oops. I meant to write *at least 15 post-445-0-45854900-1329470346_thumb.png

• Haha 1

The current top 7 clubs are well in control of their destinies.

However, there are always one or two who try to throw it away while rest just pick up a few extra points to attempt to catch up.

We really need to re-assess at the end of February and go into the Blunts game with nothing to lose (except the game of course!!!)

I am looking forward to the remainder of the season....lets just see what we can do.