VAR from fair

Referee awards a penalty to Wednesday. Referred to VAR. VAR indicates no penalty as the defender won the ball.

Rules dictate that, rather than a corner, a drop-ball (for some reason uncontested by Wednesday) is awarded.

From said uncontested drop ball the opposition quickly progresses up field and into Wednesday’s penalty area where one of the Wednesday players commits a clear foul on one of their attackers.

Penalty, no need for VAR. 1-0 to the opposition.

It’s just so Sheffield Wednesday isn’t it?

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Why isn't it fair?

How does a match at Stamford Bridge having VAR make a match at Kenilworth Road unfair?

You're intelligent enough to know what I mean and it's fine if you don't agree . But we would have had a pen at home today so VAR at some game and not others is unfair. 

2 minutes ago, Maxine said:

You're intelligent enough to know what I mean and it's fine if you don't agree . But we would have had a pen at home today so VAR at some game and not others is unfair. 

I genuinely don't understand the viewpoint.

The FA Cup starts with the worst standard of pitches/officiating and ends with the best. It's impossible to make everything the same. As long as each individual game is fair on both sides, I really don't see the issue.

Pleas explain which team it's not fair on and why? Genuinely don't get it.

1 hour ago, Fantham Man said:

Bizarre that in the same FA Cup competition, we can have a penalty decision overturned through VAR yet had we been at home it would have stood,  and Millwall's goal would have more than likely not stood under VAR review had they been playing at Everton. Doesn't seem fair.

Nothings fair with the english f/a, felt sorry for Accrington Stanley yesterday.

41 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

Var will kill the atmosphere and it will be like NFL/NBA/RFU Just dead and we may aswell all stay at home to watch on TV.

I was all for var, thinking that it would help with poor refereeing decisions......until....... I happened to see a rugby league game on TV. Every time a try was scored, there was a small cheer, then everyone stopped to watch the replay to see if it would be given or not...... then another small cheer if it was given.

It KILLED the atmosphere. No real passion, no joy, just a wait and see attitude.

Football will go the same.. its sterile and overhyped. I'd like the ££££ of the PL, but prefer championship.....     but modern football is a shadow of what it used to be.

If it wasn't for SW I wouldn't bother anymore

• Thanks 2

The overturned decision completely knocked the wind out of our sails we were more than competitive to that point, it’s ridiculous that it’s being trialled in some matches and not others it’s luck of the draw if you’re going to get decisions or not. It would have been a different match all together had it been at Hillsborough 

6 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I genuinely don't understand the viewpoint.

The FA Cup starts with the worst standard of pitches/officiating and ends with the best. It's impossible to make everything the same. As long as each individual game is fair on both sides, I really don't see the issue.

Pleas explain which team it's not fair on and why? Genuinely don't get it.

I've already said. If we'd be at home today it would have stood. 

43 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

?

VAR works both ways, surely?

Ours wasn't a penalty and theirs was.

I think VAR will.actually level the play8ng field next season in the PL.. No more dodgy decisions in front of the Kop at Anfield or the Stretford End.

The decisions that we're wring today were the ones where VAR wasn't involved, although they were only niggly ones.

We played damage limitation football and we lost. Nothing to do with biased officiating.

I don't think we are moaning because our decision was overturned. Its the fact that var was only used in a certain amount of games in the round ( all prem grounds by the way) Surely it should have been all games or none. Seems very bias to make sure the bigger teams go through. The tv rights would be worth more prem v prem than any giant killing fixture.

Just now, Maxine said:

I've already said. If we'd be at home today it would have stood. 

But we weren't. 

If we'd have had a ref with better eyes he would never have given it in the first place. Same for both teams. Both decisions were correct.

The rules are the rules and we haven't been at any disadvantage today because of VAR. We just didn't get away with what would have been an unjust penalty.

You're basically saying it's not fair because we should have had a penalty that wasn't a foul.

2 minutes ago, Southowl said:

I don't think we are moaning because our decision was overturned. Its the fact that var was only used in a certain amount of games in the round ( all prem grounds by the way) Surely it should have been all games or none. Seems very bias to make sure the bigger teams go through. The tv rights would be worth more prem v prem than any giant killing fixture.

Why is it biased towards the bigger teams? People have moaned for years that big teams get penalty decsions going their way that shouldn't. Won't VAR reduce that?

Edited by RUMBELOWS91

5 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Why is it biased towards the bigger teams? People have moansws for years that big teams get penalty decsions going their way that shouldn't. Won't VAR reduce that?

Will var be used at Barnet v Brentford tomorrow? 

Why was var used only used at prem grounds. My point is use it at all ties or none. 

On a side note, I thought ours wasn't  a pen, theirs was. The result this eve was fair. But if var wasn't  used who knows what the outcome would have been because we were given a pen!!

Edited by Southowl

1 minute ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

But we weren't. 

If we'd have had a ref with better eyes he would never have given it in the first place. Same for both teams. Both decisions were correct.

The rules are the rules and we haven't been at any disadvantage today because of VAR. We just didn't get away with what would have been an unjust penalty.

You're basically saying it's not fair because we should have had a penalty that wasn't a foul.

No im saying some teams would benefit and some wouldn't so its  not fair im saying it should.be the same for all games in a competition.