VAR from fair

Bizarre that in the same FA Cup competition, we can have a penalty decision overturned through VAR yet had we been at home it would have stood,  and Millwall's goal would have more than likely not stood under VAR review had they been playing at Everton. Doesn't seem fair.

• Like 3

Absolute total disgrace that the FA allows the "lovely money" Premiership clubs to use VAR but no-one else.

Regardless of whether the technology is only available to them or not.

If it's not available for one then it shouldn't be available at all.

Totally unfair, but then, who cares as long as the "big glamour clubs" win eh ;-)   

2 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

Var will kill the atmosphere and it will be like NFL/NBA/RFU Just dead and we may aswell all stay at home to watch on TV.

This, just watch wickhams emotional reaction to scoring his first goal in 800 days or something daft. Imagine if 5 minutes later its decided it should be disallowed because his knee is offside. Its not what football is about for me.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Buddy Repperton said:

Absolute total disgrace that the FA allows the "lovely money" Premiership clubs to use VAR but no-one else.

Regardless of whether the technology is only available to them or not.

If it's not available for one then it shouldn't be available at all.

Totally unfair, but then, who cares as long as the "big glamour clubs" win eh ;-)

?

VAR works both ways, surely?

Ours wasn't a penalty and theirs was.

I think VAR will.actually level the play8ng field next season in the PL.. No more dodgy decisions in front of the Kop at Anfield or the Stretford End.

The decisions that we're wring today were the ones where VAR wasn't involved, although they were only niggly ones.

We played damage limitation football and we lost. Nothing to do with biased officiating.

Edited by RUMBELOWS91

1 minute ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

?

VAR works both ways, surely?

Ours wasn't a penalty and theirs was.

I think VAR will.actually level the play8ng field next season in the PL.. No more dodgy decisions in front of the Kop at Anfield or the Stratford End.

The decisions that we're wring today were the ones where VAR wasn't involved, although they were only niggly ones.

We played damage limitation football and we lost. Nothing to do with biased officiating.

That wasn't my point - if it isn't available to EVERY club in the competition, then it shouldn't be used at all.

As for next season - I couldn't give a throw about the PL- BS money spending contest! 

• Thanks 3

Absolutely typical isn't it - the first time all season that we get the benefit of a dubious penalty decision after having numerous genuine appeals rejected, and it gets wiped out by a system that only applies to certain games in the competition and not others. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Buddy Repperton said:

That wasn't my point - if it isn't available to EVERY club in the competition, then it shouldn't be used at all.

As for next season - I couldn't give a throw about the PL- BS money spending contest! 

I don't really see the issue. As long as it's fair for the teams in an individual game I don't see why it matters that it's not available elsewhere. The reality is the lower you go down the pyramid, the worse the officials are. This is just an extension of that.