Non playing/managing/chairman staff you can remember

On 16/01/2019 at 11:14, full fathom five said:

Not a member of staff but always remember a bloke stood outside kop with a "the end of the world is nigh" sign in late 70s early 80s

Was always one on leppings lane as well. (Not trying to make some sick joke here in case someone takes offence).

• Like 1

On 17/01/2019 at 08:40, glynnb said:

Remember in the dark days those three blokes who took over as caretaker after Jack Marshall left... Tom MacAnearny. 

One of my mates uncles. Was a great golfer, sadly passed away a few years ago along with his brother Jim who was also connected to the club. 

• Like 1

On 17/01/2019 at 22:21, vulva said:

Think Big Robs driver was called Bobo? He’s on League Cup glory. 

Does that Italian barber still go? Alfredo?? I used to sit in the directors box quite a lot and he was a regular back in the day. 

Not seen that taxi driver either for a while. Long trench coat, beard. Think his taxi reg is Taxi 1. Been to every game since God was a lad.  

Alfredo had his barbers in Chapeltown. Always pictured with Carbone or Di Canio. Shop changed about 10 years ago.

10 minutes ago, Brommers said:

Alfredo had his barbers in Chapeltown. Always pictured with Carbone or Di Canio. Shop changed about 10 years ago.

Alfredo started on Galsworthy Road.

Then had a few more later.

One used to be under the Black Swan (Boardwalk) in Town.

8 hours ago, mogbad said:

Great man, played at the same time as my dad. Keith, his wife & my parents were great friends after they finished playing.  He actually moved back to Sheffield from the states & sadly passed away about 6 years ago.

Sad to hear that...

On 16/01/2019 at 15:54, Harrysgame said:

Steve Woodhead, is he the one who tried to stop unofficial supporters coaches as thought some groups were giving us a bad name by stopping pubs on the way for one or a dozen or so shandys? LOL 

True fact ........ we used to run “The Dragon” from The Gate in the 80’s and 90’s and had many a run in with mr Woodhead, and I suppose authorities in general.

Unbelievable times though that will remain with me forever!

13 hours ago, casbahowl said:

True fact ........ we used to run “The Dragon” from The Gate in the 80’s and 90’s and had many a run in with mr Woodhead, and I suppose authorities in general.

Unbelievable times though that will remain with me forever!

Same issues I guess, with ours from George and Dragon in Mosboro, same period of time. If i recall something about not leaving at same time as owls coaches and not travelling together etc, etc giving the club a bad name lol