Non playing/managing/chairman staff you can remember

8 hours ago, full fathom five said:

Not a member of staff but always remember a bloke stood outside kop with a "the end of the world is nigh" sign in late 70s early 80s

Top fella. Doing his best to give Wednesdayites something to be positive about.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Bandy legged Alan Smith..fastest physio in the world.

Tony Toms

and a fattish bloke that was on the pitch home and away in the 70's...in a tracksuit..never actually did owt...

Alan Smith ran like a swan swam (big white duck things), legs going absolutely ape shít and his top half never moved, great posture :CEO:

11 hours ago, OWL1969 said:

So the pictures from Dunsbyowl, reminded me of Dave Barber, and got me thinking of other non playing staff you can recall.

Mine are mainly from the 80s/90s

Dave, being one, Stevie Splash (our best ever dj) not sure of his name Steve Woodhead? Who ran the Young Owls (and I think ICO), Rita Nettleship who did all sorts from tea lady to the supporters club if my memory serves me right. 

I'm gonna cheat a bit (was closely associated with the team) and include Alan Smith our most famous and best physio.

Anyone got any others ( recall any stories) from more recently or even further back of any other unsung heroes?

Nearly forgot Mr Meadows, who did the work of about 100 people.

Steve Evans, I think, although that might have been one of his aliases. Very funny bloke at times. I did a few gigs with him in the early 80s and he ended up buying a nightclub somewhere in town. No idea where he is now.

5 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

Steve Woodhead, is he the one who tried to stop unofficial supporters coaches as thought some groups were giving us a bad name by stopping pubs on the way for one or a dozen or so shandys? LOL 

he wasn't coming from a position of strength ...I  once shared a Saturday afternoon(19 67-68) in  the police room under the  main stand at stoke city's old ground with steve Woodhead , i'd been nicked for heinous crime of chucking a bog roll as the teams came out and steve got done for gobbing on the bobby who nicked me, he didn't see the one stood behind him . …….the sods held us to the end of the game and we never saw a minute of a rare away win .