Non playing/managing/chairman staff you can remember

On 16/01/2019 at 18:20, ReginaldD said:

Dave Fallen, second row far right. If I'm correct, my first season and I looked at that squad pic and names at the bottom in the programme and sticker book many times so hope many memory isn't failing me. 

Screenshot_20190116-181850_Chrome.jpg

Dave Galley

On ‎16‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 11:14, full fathom five said:

Not a member of staff but always remember a bloke stood outside kop with a "the end of the world is nigh" sign in late 70s early 80s

Think he posts on here now.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

The guy that used to wear a Big Ron rain mac when Big Ron was manager. (Not Big Ron)

Big sunglasses. Think he was Ron’s driver. 

Dave Galley went to Liverpool. 

Wonder what happened to Bob Gorrill, Alan Sykes or Bill Green. 

• Thanks 1

Think Big Robs driver was called Bobo? He’s on League Cup glory. 

Does that Italian barber still go? Alfredo?? I used to sit in the directors box quite a lot and he was a regular back in the day. 

Not seen that taxi driver either for a while. Long trench coat, beard. Think his taxi reg is Taxi 1. Been to every game since God was a lad.  

1 minute ago, MAL said:

Alfredo will be about 80/81 now.

He retired a couple of years ago.

Don't know whether he still goes or not though.

Not seen him in ages. Used to sit in the South. 

Taxi driver wears a trilby. Very recognisable bloke. 

1 hour ago, barn_owl said:

Clive Baker, Albert Phelan, Richie Barker, Bob Grierson. 

Remember all these names, but I knew Albert, I was best mates with his son as a kid, spent many happy hours in Albert and Brenda's house, sadly he passed away a couple of years since.

Did great work for Wednesday with the kids and as a scout, (was also a Legend to Chesterfield fans) but more importantly was a real gentleman and family man.

Edited by OWL1969

On 16/01/2019 at 11:11, Pulsar said:

There was a reyt fit blonde worked in the Owls memorabilia shop in the early/mid 80s when it was on the South stand side.

Always wanted to ask for her number but i was only 9.

If this thread doesn't end with @Pulsar being reunited with his pre-pubesant fantasy then Owlstalk may as well close down for ever.

23 hours ago, OWL1969 said:

Remember all these names, but I knew Albert, I was best mates with his son as a kid, spent many happy hours in Albert and Brenda's house, sadly he passed away a couple of years since.

Did great work for Wednesday with the kids and as a scout, (was also a Legend to Chesterfield fans) but more importantly was a real gentleman and family man.

Didnt realise he had passed away. You remember them as the age they were, rather than the age they would be now. Don't recall Wednesday ever announcing anything, whereas they did with Clive Baker. I can still see the images of them in the silver tracksuit on the team photo circa 87/88ish. 

24 minutes ago, Treborowl said:

Keith Bannister, ex player who used to manage the gym. Nice chap, left to live in the States.

Great man, played at the same time as my dad. Keith, his wife & my parents were great friends after they finished playing.  He actually moved back to Sheffield from the states & sadly passed away about 6 years ago.