“Big Steve” - guaranteed success

So who have been arguably our two most successful and well loved managers in the last 50 years - Big Jack Charlton and Big Ron Atkinson that’s who. Both ambitious appointments, both well liked and respected and both larger than life.

Steve Bruce fits that mould - in fact he’s so big he probably broke it - so I say let’s christen him “Big Steve” then sit back and watch the good times roll. 

And if you need any more convincing consider the physical stature of Jos Luhukay, or come to think of it Alan Irvine & Danny Wilson.

I’m excited.

#bigsteve 

Edited by paulrs

Big Steve could be the millennial generations Big Ron.

If he can smarten his sen up a bit & get some smoked aviator shades then I really think we might be on to something a bit more special.

Don’t forget that Bruce’s best days as a player coincided with the Owls being a legit rival for trophies with Man Utd.

40 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Overall Steve Bruce got a good CV but lets wait until we have seen a few games first before blowing smoke up his arse.

Im only pointing out than when we have a manager with “Big” at the start of his name it works out well. 

Steve is a big guy, so let’s call him Big Steve and we can’t fail!

The best jokes are the ones you have to explain :duntmatter:

5 hours ago, paulrs said:

So who have been arguably our two most successful and well loved managers in the last 50 years - Big Jack Charlton and Big Ron Atkinson that’s who. Both ambitious appointments, both well liked and respected and both larger than life.

Steve Bruce fits that mould - in fact he’s so big he probably broke it - so I say let’s christen him “Big Steve” then sit back and watch the good times roll. 

And if you need any more convincing consider the physical stature of Jos Luhukay, or come to think of it Alan Irvine & Danny Wilson.

I’m excited.

#bigsteve 

Howard Wilkinson should have been given the backing/money from Bert McGee and the unambiguous board. Instead he went to Leeds and had success.