£20 just the ticket

Well we got a lot more through the door today than usual. And beat most people’s attendance predictions. Plus on the red button. That’s a decent turn out. It’s got to have sent out a message to the chairman.. reduce POTG. There has to be a compromise. A fuller hillsborough means more people spending money.. hope there are a few more reduced priced games to come.. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Concourses packed out - running out of food

Many will spend another 5er in the ground

Its a no brained to drop the prices 

Especially taking young kids. Needing drinks and sweets.. it would be interesting to know what the difference in turn over was today than normal. At the reduced price to the normal. With extra people spending money.

It's a bank holiday and we only got about 5k more than usual.  I'm guessing we haven't made much more (if any) than on any average game this year.

It's a myth that cheaper tickets means more money to the club with higher attendances and it's been debunked a number of times in the past.  Unless fans are going to show up in their numbers every week at £20 a ticket it's folly.  

• Like 1

Just not bothered...

Just now, mattitheowl said:

It's a bank holiday and we only got about 5k more than usual.  I'm guessing we haven't made much more (if any) than on any average game this year.

It's a myth that cheaper tickets means more money to the club with higher attendances and it's been debunked a number of times in the past.  Unless fans are going to show up in their numbers every week at £20 a ticket it's folly.  

No matter how many times this is said,there are those (evidenced in this thread) that ignore whats been said,time and time again.

3 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

Maybe it's just nice to have an extra 5000 there supporting the team?  Seeing as ticket revenues "cover nothing"?

2 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Ya didnt have to go on the southstand.

True, but I sat there against Derby because I met up some of my family. Today I chose the South Stand because I only decided to go last minute and needed three seats together. These days I don’t really like sitting behind the goal so avoid the Kop. £30 in the North and South for all matches would encourage me to attend more frequently, it doesn’t need to be as low as £20.

2 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

I get what you are saying but it’s not just about the bottom line. It’s about engaging with and retaining fans that would otherwise not come.  Games like this aren’t about making money. 

If we do get promoted, I’d love it if DC knocked prices down drastically seeing as though gate receipts would be a drop in the ocean. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

Cheers for that ....king prat ,only 5 k more just 5k !!

Ps we has 12,000 + v Bolton 

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

An extra 5000 people buying food programmes visiting club shop yeah waste of time

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Cpt_Hatstand said:

Maybe it's just nice to have an extra 5000 there supporting the team?  Seeing as ticket revenues "cover nothing"?

35 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

I get what you are saying but it’s not just about the bottom line. It’s about engaging with and retaining fans that would otherwise not come.  Games like this aren’t about making money. 

If we do get promoted, I’d love it if DC knocked prices down drastically seeing as though gate receipts would be a drop in the ocean. 

Considering it was on the red button. And after new year ect ect. It was a good turn out. I’m not saying every game has to be £20. But it has to come down. Now we have our Wednesday back,people would come and watch if the prices were more reasonable. It’s been debated to death.. just thought it was nice to see hillsborough pretty full considering where we are in the league.. and got people engaged again

1 hour ago, mattitheowl said:

Is that the same myth that argues higher ticket prices means higher revenues.

As any A level economics student will verify Revenue = Price x Quantity. 

7 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Is that the same myth that argues higher ticket prices means higher revenues.

As any A level economics student will verify Revenue = Price x Quantity. 

But that's the point, isn't it? Let's say we got 15K walk-ups today at £20 a ticket - that's £300K. 10K walk-ups at £35 quid a ticket would have been £350K. Having said that, I agree that it's not just about the numbers (plus, of course, there are various factors we don't know, so we can't really judge).