Liam Palmer was magnificent today

1 hour ago, jimbo10179 said:

I think I must have watched a different game today. Wasn’t impressed with Palmer, again. 

Crossing, bar one on 75mins, was woeful, in general he’s weak in a challenge and doesn’t score, but gets into some great positions. I seem to notice that, again for their goal, he’s slow at tracking back and gives up too easily. Might be me being over critical, but he’s been at the club a long time and never grabbed that left back position for himself whether due to lack of competition, long term injury (can’t think of any off top of my head) or just managers 2nd choice. 

Fletcher man of match today by a country mile

I think your first line says you must have,palmer wasn't at fault for the equaliser.

7 minutes ago, Barr Grylls said:

The worst crosser of a ball i have ever seen. Modern full backs play like wingers now and Palmer cant cross. 100% needs replacing for a new RB. His all round play has improved but his crossing is still garbage. 

Darren potter was the worst crosser of a ball,palmers may not go to his intended target,but crikey potter always hit the first man,proper sh-t he was.

19 hours ago, swfcjack27 said:

Magnificent is a bit strong, goal came down that side. Playing better him and Fox but full backs are still top priority 

Goal came down the middle and was all down to shabby defending by Lees and Hector failing to clear on two occasions. Palmer never involved. Guess people already replied to this too.

16 hours ago, jimbo10179 said:

I think I must have watched a different game today. Wasn’t impressed with Palmer, again. 

Crossing, bar one on 75mins, was woeful, in general he’s weak in a challenge and doesn’t score, but gets into some great positions. I seem to notice that, again for their goal, he’s slow at tracking back and gives up too easily. Might be me being over critical, but he’s been at the club a long time and never grabbed that left back position for himself whether due to lack of competition, long term injury (can’t think of any off top of my head) or just managers 2nd choice. 

Left back?

A47F3401-3B2E-4AAD-9435-C75B86FA121C.jpeg.14347bc1bc717cf6067221f8a833765c.jpeg

16 hours ago, jimbo10179 said:

I'd agree with these comments. Surprisingly Birmingham failed to exploit our two weakest players in Fox and Palmer. 

IMHO Palmer has had many an opportunity to make the RB position his own and he simply hasnt taken it. For a converted midfielder his passing and crossing is poor, usually over hit or too high. I know he wasn't but had Hunt been in similar positions we would have created more chances.

14 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

Had a great game but like many have said already he needs to find better choices and execution of his final ball to get that bit better that really matters.

He never will though - we've been saying this about him for years and years now. We need better. 

On 01/01/2019 at 22:02, DELUDED OWL said:

All OPINIONS are valid,no one better than another.

That’s not technically true and to prove it ,in my opinion I thought Jos was doing a sterling job and I think he would have got us out of this division with his free flowing foosball:luhukay: and with that the prosecution rests his case:Pelupessy:

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, onefurlongout said:

I'd agree with these comments. Surprisingly Birmingham failed to exploit our two weakest players in Fox and Palmer. 

IMHO Palmer has had many an opportunity to make the RB position his own and he simply hasnt taken it. For a converted midfielder his passing and crossing is poor, usually over hit or too high. I know he wasn't but had Hunt been in similar positions we would have created more chances.

Maybe the old Hunt would, but he’s shot now, and can’t hold down a regular place in the Bristol City side

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Maybe the old Hunt would, but he’s shot now, and can’t hold down a regular place in the Bristol City side

Would that be the Jack Hunt who’s made 20 Championship starts this season (and got 4 assists)?

Palmer has zero assists from 16 games.

Edited by McRightSide