Slightly disturbing

6 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Give over, it's embarrassing. After Bristol City away Luhukay was the flavour of the week, a couple of games later they all wanted him out. Look at the Nuhiu love in last season and the hate he's been getting this season, jokers.

err, have you seen the table recently?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Our fans are about as fickle and knee jerk as you can get, they change their opinions game by game. Sheep. 

What do you do? Stick to the same opinions you held in 1975?

Every post you respond to is a knee jerk reaction.... come up with something original in your posts and you might find that there's something to engage with.... instead of you firing off the same bloody boring 2 liners time after time.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

we have some good players ,we don't have a good team …....we are  weak in too many area's and no matter who the manager is that wont alter while we operate under the present financial restraints .  

I dunno mate, I think the ingredients are there for another coach to be doing a whole lot better

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I dunno mate, I think the ingredients are there for another coach to be doing a whole lot better

possibly but I wouldn't be holding my breath .....the full backs are way below whats needed , we don't have a winger in the club , we have one creative midfield player , 3 of our best players arnt going to be available any time soon . we cant sign anyone and it's more than likely we'll have to sell if we get any sort of half decent  offer for any of our players ......it's very easy to say another coach would get more out of what we have but that depends on the quality of the coach and  I don't see any coach of quality wanting to come here under the present circumstances .  

8 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I find it slightly disturbing that quite a few fellow Owls seemingly want to turn the clock back, ie Megson an option as manager, replacing Forestieri with a 28 year old League Two striker. Have we accepted we are going to be relegated?

We’ve come a long way in these last three years, and despite so many recruitment mistakes, surely we are better than that. The squad is sprinkled with quality players, Westwood, Lees, Hector, Bannan, Reach, Matias, Fletcher and Joao. Plenty of others are more than adequate at this level, plus some promising youngsters coming through. Of course we aren’t too good to go down, but we should be. Under a decent coach, used to working with quality footballers, there’s no need for such talk. Even with an embargo, we have enough here to form the nucleus of a good side

I agree we have enough to form a decent side but a certain other won't play them ,either by Chanciri's orders or just plain stubbornness from the bench sitter  who knows but without those players we may  end up treading water or going under ,

1 minute ago, A12owl said:

I'm gonna keep banging the Kenny Jacket drum. I think he would be good for us. 

i'm sure he would coz he's a good manager who's got a good job at a club on the up ........it's wishful thinking that any manager would give up a position like he's in to take on a club who more than likely arnt going to be able to buy any players for  the foreseeable future . 

All those banging on about Megson and his Championship promotion CV, so much has changed in the Championship since he last did anything of note (which was an awful long time ago). This is not the way forward if you ask me. Jos has more recent success on his CV than Megson. Not that I’m saying Jos should remain but the clamour for a yesterday man I find strange. Take away his link to Wednesday and his name wouldn’t even be mentioned.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, torryowl said:

possibly but I wouldn't be holding my breath .....the full backs are way below whats needed , we don't have a winger in the club , we have one creative midfield player , 3 of our best players arnt going to be available any time soon . we cant sign anyone and it's more than likely we'll have to sell if we get any sort of half decent  offer for any of our players ......it's very easy to say another coach would get more out of what we have but that depends on the quality of the coach and  I don't see any coach of quality wanting to come here under the present circumstances .  

Yes, we may not be able to tempt a quality big name coach, but by doing our homework, we could find someone with the right tactical nous, and more importantly, the right footballing ethos

I know there is more than one way to skin a cat, but looking at the players we have, it’s clear we don’t play to their strengths. I’m a firm believer that somebody could forge a decent back four from the players we have, five if you include the keeper. Play a proper holding midfield in front of them, Hutchinson if available, if not, Hector can play that role In fact I’ve seen him play it impressively. Once you have that platform in place, Bannan and Pelupessy can play further up the field. Presumably, Bannan was the creative midfielder you had in mind? Playing more in the opponents half will allow him to get back to his creative best. 

Reach too can offer creativity in this role, personally I don’t think he’s used to maximum benefit Yes he scores wonder goals, but someone with his talent surely should be creating more. We don’t have wingers as such, but both Forestieri and Matias can offer real penetration out wide. Play Joao down the middle as he has the potential to be effective in that role. Sure, there’s a worry whether he is robust enough, but linking with Forestieri or Matias, he won’t be asked to win high balls into the box. There are issues that we might need to address, when we have the means to do that, but we already have enough to climb the table

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yes, we may not be able to tempt a quality big name coach, but by doing our homework, we could find someone with the right tactical nous, and more importantly, the right footballing ethos

I know there is more than one way to skin a cat, but looking at the players we have, it’s clear we don’t play to their strengths. I’m a firm believer that somebody could forge a decent back four from the players we have, five if you include the keeper. Play a proper holding midfield in front of them, Hutchinson if available, if not, Hector can play that role In fact I’ve seen him play it impressively. Once you have that platform in place, Bannan and Pelupessy can play further up the field. Presumably, Bannan was the creative midfielder you had in mind? Playing more in the opponents half will allow him to get back to his creative best. 

Reach too can offer creativity in this role, personally I don’t think he’s used to maximum benefit Yes he scores wonder goals, but someone with his talent surely should be creating more. We don’t have wingers as such, but both Forestieri and Matias can offer real penetration out wide. Play Joao down the middle as he has the potential to be effective in that role. Sure, there’s a worry whether he is robust enough, but linking with Forestieri or Matias, he won’t be asked to win high balls into the box. There are issues that we might need to address, when we have the means to do that, but we already have enough to climb the table

if your pinning your hopes on matias ,FF & hutch then we really are in trouble  .......again it's easy to say we can forge a decent back 4 but who plays at full back coz I aint seen a decent one this season . 

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

if your pinning your hopes on matias ,FF & hutch then we really are in trouble  .......again it's easy to say we can forge a decent back 4 but who plays at full back coz I aint seen a decent one this season . 

I suppose full back is an area which may be one of those issues we may need to deal with when we have the wherewithal to do it. In the meantime, Palmer and Penney would occupy the full back berths, as they are the best pairing we have. While on the subject of pairings, my choice of centre backs would be Lees and Thorniley. With Westwood in goal, and a proper defensive midfielder shielding them, that’s solid enough for me

1 hour ago, Costello 77 said:

What do you do? Stick to the same opinions you held in 1975?

Every post you respond to is a knee jerk reaction.... come up with something original in your posts and you might find that there's something to engage with.... instead of you firing off the same bloody boring 2 liners time after time.

Update.. I've just run this through my algorithm and it comes up as Mr Farrell.

Not Jon Newsome is Mr Farrell.

7 hours ago, handworth52 said:

...all the stats results point that we aint good enough and are going down 

Well, apart from the only one that actually decides that - the league table.

That's not to say that we're not in a very disturbing position right now however; both on and off the pitch.