Apathy

Both goal 'celebrations' were flat. People around me didn't even get up to clap.

When I look around the crowd; at their faces during the game, most look like they're in some sort of deep therapy - like some shrink's opening up dark passages of their history.

24 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

I got up in stages when we scored the first, against local rivals who had brought a big following.

normally I would have been jumping around.

i have never experienced us score to take the lead one minute before half time and there be some boos when the whistle went.

Everyone KNOWS what comes next mate..thats why,

I was more sorta shocked when we took the lead, then felt totally normal when they went 2-1 up

The equaliser was sorta like thinking you have stepped in dogsh8t, finding out it was just mud, an' feeling relieved rather than overjoyed.

So like one of the posters above..i simply laugh at it now...

Fans shoutin' "Use yer pace adthe" "Someones put a stuffed Fox on the wing"..and "F.ookin'ell Jos is doing a Klopp" as he ambled to the touchline..

Its shoddy, but I'm afraid its the only thing that keeps me going..That and a sort of habitual stupidity

Apathy is in full control and make no mistake, however how can we change that?

It's obvious the club is disjointed from the fans, even the players are disjointed from the fans - but as fans what can we do?   After all, after this management has long since gone, and after this set of players have long since gone - it's us poor lot that will still be around.

So what can we do to affect positive change?

It’s hard work getting an atmosphere inside Hillsborough at the best of times, I thought we’d turned a corner with it , but this season it’s back to its worst 

37 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

It’s hard work getting an atmosphere inside Hillsborough at the best of times, I thought we’d turned a corner with it , but this season it’s back to its worst 

Read this....

Dawson to Lees to Hector to Lees To Fox to Hector to Lees to Baker to Hector to Lees to Dawson to Hector to Lees to Dawson...

To Pelupessy to Lees to Hector to Dawson to Baker to Lees  To Hector to Dawson....

YAY!!!...Hi ho..do me a f.ookin' favour lol

Edited by asteener1867

Just now, stevewhiterose said:

Agreed. Many like me I'm sure who just can't be bothered any more until something changes. I'd rather go and watch a non-league match at the moment.

Nah..Thats what fans always say....

The booing wasn't apathy....its not really Apathy..its analgesia...We sit there sorta numb, in a knowing whats coming sort of way

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Not charging the prices we do...nor getting the crowds we do..Its all relative

Fair point on prices mate I paid 750 for ST which is criminal. 

Can't wait till there's a clear out top to bottom coz I don't wanna shell out 800 for league 1 which he'll be charging!

Guest LittleG
17 hours ago, Owly Mowly said:

Me and my 13 year old son are season ticket holders- it’s certainly  awful watching this at the moment.

I have resorted to humour now to keep him interested - we do have a laugh and a good day out, it’s just a shame the 90 minutes doesn’t leave us entertained 

I take my 10 year old grandson and now it's more about spending time with him and having a laugh rather than turning up and looking forward to the match. I think he only goes for the pre-match hotdog ( even that's gone up 50p!!!)