Can we afford to sack jos??

If we can’t there’s no point in moaning about it. Similarly, the Westwood issue, if we can’t afford to play him, there’s no point in moaning about it. The club have already said the issues are not around current playing/coaching staff. There’s no point in the club saying anything else because no matter what they say, some people won’t accept it. You have to ask why people keep trying to drag the issue up when they know they can’t change things 

It seems clear to me that if Luhukay stays the club will be in League 1 next season.

We are in free fall and the atmosphere among the players is toxic.

He has a group of playerrs frozen out but still at the training ground every day.

Luhukay has created this.

Relegation to League 1 will be devastating with the loss of season ticket money and tv appearance money.

I really do not believe the Manager position at SWFC is impossible even with the injuries and financial constraints.

A McCarthy, Megson, Moyes or Bruce would first of all get them organised.

You have no hope in this tough league if you are conceding 3 or 4 goals a game.

He would bring all the frozen out brigade back into the squad and fire the team up.

5 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

I really do not believe the Manager position at SWFC is impossible even with the injuries and financial constraints.

A McCarthy, Megson, Moyes or Bruce would first of all get them organised.

You have no hope in this tough league if you are conceding 3 or 4 goals a game.

He would bring all the frozen out brigade back into the squad and fire the team up.

If the 'frozen out players are missing due to financial issues and limitations McCarthy, Megson, Moyes or Bruce wouldn't be bringing them back into the squad as DC woukdnt allow it !!!!!

I can't believe not playing some of our players is a Jos decision.

Edited by hertsowl

6 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

The situation is more complicated than you seem to appreciate. Once the transfer embargo was lifted it was absolutely vital that we signed players like Joao, Bannan and Penney to extensions as they could otherwise have left for nothing next summer and now we could potentially accrue decent amounts if it comes to selling them. This would have been anticipated in advance and their salaries will be spread across the length of the deals and therefore have a limited impact on the current position. But sacking the manager and then having to appoint a successor would bring about a large and unplanned instantaneous hit that we quite likely cannot afford under the profit and sustainability regulations right now. And that all rather assumes that Chansiri wants to dismiss him in the first place.

Nah mate, you chuck Jos on gardening leave and just pay up his contract over the agreed period. 

A statement on the club website, by Adam Pearson, the club's chairman, read: "Hull City AFC confirms that Phil Brown has been relieved of his managerial duties at the club and has been placed on gardening leave with immediate effect. Brian Horton and Steve Parkin will take charge of first-team duties until further notice.

From the Guardian in 2010...

7 hours ago, CF83OWL said:

Nah mate, you chuck Jos on gardening leave and just pay up his contract over the agreed period. 

So then you have to pay your new manager a presumably similar salary at the same time. I think I can be pretty confident that the club has not budgeted for 2 managers simultaneously.

17 hours ago, mr moody said:

I agree. But im talking finacially not morally 

So are we. Financially going down to League One would be really bad, particularly with the setup we now have. I don't know what you mean by 'morally'; there's nothing morally wrong going down a league, teams that get relegated are simply not good enough; it happens.

17 hours ago, CF83OWL said:

We wouldnt have offered Joao and Nuhiu new contracts if we had financial problems. Ohhh and Penney.

Use your head fella!

Doesn’t work out the same as paying someone a lump sum to pay their contract off though does it.

Use your head fellah.

4 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

So then you have to pay your new manager a presumably similar salary at the same time. I think I can be pretty confident that the club has not budgeted for 2 managers simultaneously.

Dude, this happens all over football. 

We were paying Danny Wilson for years after we sacked him until his contract was up. 

And to say we cant afford a new manager has no evidence given the fact we have offered Joao, Nuhiu and Penney bigger deals. 

1 minute ago, robowl4life said:

Doesn’t work out the same as paying someone a lump sum to pay their contract off though does it.

Use your head fellah.

Mate, if we pay off a lump sum it effects the books for the 2018/2019 season which could take us over the 39m...

Or if we pull the plug on Jos and agree to pay his contract up over the 3 years......it wont impact the 2018/2019 books

As I said before, we were paying Danny Wilsons salary for years after we sacked him. 

7 minutes ago, CF83OWL said:

Dude, this happens all over football. 

We were paying Danny Wilson for years after we sacked him until his contract was up. 

And to say we cant afford a new manager has no evidence given the fact we have offered Joao, Nuhiu and Penney bigger deals. 

Except the contract offers for those players would have been anticipated and budgeted for. We were in breach of the league's financial regulations just a few weeks ago and nothing obvious has changed since, yet the embargo was lifted. Our player recruitment in the last 18 months has made it clear we are right at the limits. The course you are suggesting would add a new manager in addition to the current one.

Just because you want something to happen does not alter reality to accommodate it.

Edited by DJMortimer

I’m not entirely sure whether managerial pay offs, come under FFP restrictions Whenever the matter is raised, its generally the playing budget which is scrutinised It’s not like DC doesn’t have money, we just can’t spend it on certain things

• Like 1

The days of clubs paying up a manager’s contract if they sack him are fairly long gone outside of the premier.

Ive no idea what’s in Jos’s contract, but I’d be surprised if the compensation period is longer than three months.

Finding a suitable replacement might be the harder part.

12 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I’m not entirely sure whether managerial pay offs, come under FFP restrictions Whenever the matter is raised, its generally the playing budget which is scrutinised It’s not like DC doesn’t have money, we just can’t spend it on certain things

That's pretty much how I see it too 

12 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I assumed they would because presumably the whole idea is to control football related spending. But I must confess, I don't know for certain.

40 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Dude!

If we cant afford to sack him then we gotta sell a player. It is not rocket science!