Can we afford to sack jos??

How much do managers get when they get fired? I seem to remember some article saying it was normally only about 6 months salary rather than the full amount outstanding on the contract.

I can't remember where I read/heard that so I can't say if it's correct or something I've dreamed. Does anyone know?

Just now, prowl said:

How much do managers get when they get fired? I seem to remember some article saying it was normally only about 6 months salary rather than the full amount outstanding on the contract.

I can't remember where I read/heard that so I can't say if it's correct or something I've dreamed. Does anyone know?

Bukta does apparently...

Just now, Bukta said:

It's whatever his salary is until the end of this season (the FFP season runs until your last game has been played). Im going to be generous and say he is on 500-600K a year.

So you don't know then.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Just now, markowl said:

So you don't know then.

Thanks for clearing that up.

The point i'm making is that it won't cost that much towards this years FFP. The sale of a small asset. A small price to pay. Exactly how much I would think only KM, JR and DC would know.

Everyone keeps mentioning Westwood and Hutchison, but the bigger story for me is Boyd, Abdi and Jones. Similar age, probably on more money and have had longer and more successful careers at a higher level. 

The inability of Jos, or even unwillingness to get a tune out of these 3 is equally damning in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Bukta said:

The point i'm making is that it won't cost that much towards this years FFP. The sale of a small asset. A small price to pay. Exactly how much I would think only KM, JR and DC would know.

The point you're making is you've plucked 300k from thin air and are trying to make it fact.

Edited by markowl

Does anyone know how long a contract Jos has ?

In anycase, can't think it would cost much in the great scheme of things.  Got a feeling we're going to unload in January anyway to raise a few bob (FF/Reach/Bannan) seem candidates - if the price is right.

Infact we could have BOGOF day, chuck Abdi in.

Just now, Bukta said:

And there it is again. Just force someone to buy one of our mediocre players. No problem.

:huh:

4 minutes ago, prowl said:

I can help you with that pal.

It's different for every circumstance. Some managers hold out for the entire contract to be paid up. In which case its usual for them to remain on the payroll until the contract expires or another club come in for him (gardening leave). Others may accept 6 months pay up front, it's all down to what they hold out for. Ultimately if they didi their heels in the contract will eventually have to be paid in full.

Just now, Bukta said:

It's different for every circumstance. Some managers hold out for the entire contract to be paid up. In which case its usual for them to remain on the payroll until the contract expires or another club come in for him (gardening leave). Others may accept 6 months pay up front, it's all down to what they hold out for. Ultimately if they didi their heels in the contract will eventually have to be paid in full.

You just said it would cost 300k

WTF:

3 minutes ago, markowl said:

The point you're making is you've plucked 300k from thin air and are trying to make it fact.

I'd like to think it's an educated guess from somebody who understands contracts and has a good idea of salaries in modern day football.

Just now, Bukta said:

I'd like to think it's an educated guess from somebody who understands contracts and has a good idea of salaries in modern day football.

3 minutes ago, Bukta said:

Your second post seems to contradict your first.

1 minute ago, markowl said:

You just said it would cost 300k

WTF:

If you have been following the thread you would see that I was merely agreeing with @CF83OWL that it would not count what @DJMortimer described as a significant amount of money (in this years FFP)- read back.

22 hours ago, owlmanc said:

Cant D’s taxis pay him off or elev8 drinks 

No, but they could give him a ride back to Holland.

Maybe we could even supply a couple of cans of the said energy drink to keep him going.

After al it's a long drive.

FFS.

2 minutes ago, Bukta said:

If you have been following the thread you would see that I was merely agreeing with @CF83OWL that it would not count what @DJMortimer described as a significant amount of money (in this years FFP)- read back.

I asked you how much it would cost.

You said 300k.

Screenshot_20181104-205406_Samsung Internet.jpg

Just now, Bukta said:

Whilst continually refusing to accept that amount may still be more than the league will allow us to commit to?

Why do you think Joey Pelupessy at about £350k is the only transfer fee we have paid in the last 15 months or so?