Can we afford to sack jos??

Without a doubt,  i believe that jos needs to go. But is there more to this than we are being told? Iv heard the rumours that we cant play certain players due to bonuses having to be paid etc. Plus we were put under the transfer embargo which suggests that ffp is an issue. Please correct me if im wrong, but the club have kept their cards very close to their chest on this issue. 

If it is the case that we cant offer new contracts to our best players, and pay bonuses. Would that then mean we couldnt afford to pay the cash to sack jos and then pay the wages to bring in a new manager. 

Like i said correct me if im wrong cos im not very clued up on ffp or anything like that. Its just very unsettling when our chairman turns round and says if we dont get promoted this season we are basically buggered. 

1 minute ago, CF83OWL said:

We wouldnt have offered Joao and Nuhiu new contracts if we had financial problems. Ohhh and Penney.

Use your head fella!

Fair point mate. But there must be financial problems. Was the embargo a mathematical error? And why will we be fudged if we dont get promotion? 

Just think theres more to all this than we are being led to believe. Hope im wrong 

2 hours ago, mr moody said:

Without a doubt,  i believe that jos needs to go. But is there more to this than we are being told? Iv heard the rumours that we cant play certain players due to bonuses having to be paid etc. Plus we were put under the transfer embargo which suggests that ffp is an issue. Please correct me if im wrong, but the club have kept their cards very close to their chest on this issue. 

If it is the case that we cant offer new contracts to our best players, and pay bonuses. Would that then mean we couldnt afford to pay the cash to sack jos and then pay the wages to bring in a new manager. 

Like i said correct me if im wrong cos im not very clued up on ffp or anything like that. Its just very unsettling when our chairman turns round and says if we dont get promoted this season we are basically buggered. 

We cant afford not to sack him in my opinion. Relegation would cripple us financially. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CF83OWL said:

We wouldnt have offered Joao and Nuhiu new contracts if we had financial problems. Ohhh and Penney.

Use your head fella!

The situation is more complicated than you seem to appreciate. Once the transfer embargo was lifted it was absolutely vital that we signed players like Joao, Bannan and Penney to extensions as they could otherwise have left for nothing next summer and now we could potentially accrue decent amounts if it comes to selling them. This would have been anticipated in advance and their salaries will be spread across the length of the deals and therefore have a limited impact on the current position. But sacking the manager and then having to appoint a successor would bring about a large and unplanned instantaneous hit that we quite likely cannot afford under the profit and sustainability regulations right now. And that all rather assumes that Chansiri wants to dismiss him in the first place.

6 hours ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

Sacking would mean a pay-off which we could ill afford so it won't happen.

Even if we did get rid we couldn't afford the type of replacement people would want.

Simples, don't sack him just move him to a different department to suit his ability and skills, so i'm thinking catering or sweeping the car park with his broom like moustache 

6 hours ago, mr moody said:

Fair point mate. But there must be financial problems. Was the embargo a mathematical error? And why will we be fudged if we dont get promotion? 

Just think theres more to all this than we are being led to believe. Hope im wrong 

The fact we aren't playing a significant portion of our squad is telling.  Jos is putting up a brave face and likely taking the brunt by saying it's a footballing decision.  That makes NO sense at face value.