Scouting us is a waste of time - Jos has foiled it

Constantly changing the team puts the opposition on the back foot, for about 5 minutes, and as we usually start games about as fast as a three toed sloth that doesn’t give us any advantage.

there has to be some continuity for partnerships to develop.

Just seems to be a bit too much tinkering for my liking.

yes, I know, we are 6th.

2 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

This manager is the best we've had in 20 years

He doesn't have favourites

He's not afraid of leaving players out

He's not afraid of throwing kids in

He will take us far if our supporters let him

It's time to get behind the club, the players, and the manager

All this slagging players off is counter productive

We say we're all Wednesday often enough, let's prove it

Only wish I could plus you more than one WAWAW 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

I have suported JL since the very first evening of his appointment but the formation in the first half at Bristol City yesterday was bemusing.

And make no mistake we should and could easily have been 2-0 down.

Thornily is a good defender but offers nothing going forward at left wing back.

Penney was completely lost in a forward attacking central midfielkd role.  His contribution was zero.

Then, after Thornily again failed to put in a decent cross and was sustituted, Penney moved to left wing back andd FF came on.

The team played well after that.

Change is fine but not when it diminishes specific players' contributions.

Should and could have been 2 nil down, but we had the first chance of the game (Reach off Bannan’s long ball), so arguably could and should have been 1 nil up. Jos would have been even more of a genius then

He has complained about the first half performance from the players yesterday but he has to take some of the blame because of the team selection and formation.

eg No need to play Penney in a ridiculous position he has never played before 

4 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

I have suported JL since the very first evening of his appointment but the formation in the first half at Bristol City yesterday was bemusing.

And make no mistake we should and could easily have been 2-0 down.

Thornily is a good defender but offers nothing going forward at left wing back.

Penney was completely lost in a forward attacking central midfielkd role.  His contribution was zero.

Then, after Thornily again failed to put in a decent cross and was sustituted, Penney moved to left wing back andd FF came on.

The team played well after that.

Change is fine but not when it diminishes specific players' contributions.

This is spot on and factually correct. Sadly, certain posters, he knows who he is, choose to post sneering sarcastic and obtuse replies to such posts. Well done Loyal. 

14 hours ago, oldishowl said:

He has complained about the first half performance from the players yesterday but he has to take some of the blame because of the team selection and formation.

eg No need to play Penney in a ridiculous position he has never played before 

Penney played there in the youth teams before being converted to a left back.

I think giving Penney a shot in an attacking role was worth a try. He's good with his feet, can look up and beat a man. I'd say his play going forward is better than his defending when he's playing at wing back. That said, I have no idea what position he was actually playing in on Sunday. Some kind of free role?

There was probably some thought put into having a more traditionally defensive minded player on the left to deal with Jack Hunt too. Jos will have been well aware of his strengths and weaknesses, and decided that a player like Thorniley was better equipped to stop him getting past and putting the ball into the box.  

Jos likes to play cards close to his chest. Behind close doors pre season friendly was indicator of this.

We were very predictable under previous boss so much so it was regularly mentioned on here. 

Jos tries line ups and they sometimes go wrong (Notts Forest) but he does not make that mistake again. He found a way to get BB and JO in same team at Bristol which looked nigh on impossible after Forest. 

The limited resources he has had at his disposal speak volumes for what he has done. if had been given funds with the wise way money has been invested anything could be possible. 

If any poster gets team right in a thread about team for next game, I would suspect its Jos himself as he continually springs a surprise and hink no one has gone close.