Pudil & Van Aken

Just now, sheriwozgod said:

Been no mention of them this last couple of weeks, what was the timescale for their injuries ?

Cant see van aken getting anywhere near a start if we stick with a back 4

4 minutes ago, brian joicey said:

pudil was warming up with the subs at half time on saturday 

Interesting one now as to how Pudil will fit into a system with 4 at the back if Jos keeps playing this system. I thought that position on the left side of a back 3 really suited him.

Don’t think he would be ideally suited to play CB in a 4 and his legs seem to have gone in terms of getting up and down at full back position....

Van Aken will be out for several weeks with that injury he went off with. 

Not sure where Pudil fits in now we’ve gone to a back four. He’d be behind Hector and Thorniley for the left-side centre half role and I don’t think his legs are up to playing fullback - I reckon Jos might prefer Fox there if Penney didn’t play. 

Can’t see either of them playing many games this season unless we have another injury crisis. 

3 minutes ago, Sticky belly said:

Interesting one now as to how Pudil will fit into a system with 4 at the back if Jos keeps playing this system. I thought that position on the left side of a back 3 really suited him.

Don’t think he would be ideally suited to play CB in a 4 and his legs seem to have gone in terms of getting up and down at full back position....

He could probably cover those positions if called upon, from the bench though. Him and Hutchinson give us all the defensive options needed, so we can pack the bench with any available attacking players

2 minutes ago, paulrs said:

Van Aken will be out for several weeks with that injury he went off with. 

Not sure where Pudil fits in now we’ve gone to a back four. He’d be behind Hector and Thorniley for the left-side centre half role and I don’t think his legs are up to playing fullback - I reckon Jos might prefer Fox there if Penney didn’t play. 

Can’t see either of them playing many games this season unless we have another injury crisis. 

Hector would more likely be on the right, although I have seen him play on the left for Reading

18 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Hector would more likely be on the right, although I have seen him play on the left for Reading

Hectors not been brought in to take the place of Lees has he. so if it is 4 at the back then he will be battling it out with Thorniley for the other centre back spot.

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

May be right. But so far think it's only Dawson, Lees, Pelupessy and Bannan that have started every league games for us. And I don't think it's coincidence that they have.

I liked the way he had a bit of a rant at the players after Stoke...and don't think any players will rest on their laurels.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I liked the way he had a bit of a rant at the players after Stoke...and don't think any players will rest on their laurels.

Exactly and Forestieri is prime example of if you don't do your job properly you will be out.

But those I said above have all done there jobs properly. Maybe some could offer a bit more. But all ok not to be dropped.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

Exactly and Forestieri is prime example of if you don't do your job properly you will be out.

But those I said above have all done there jobs properly. Maybe some could offer a bit more. But all ok not to be dropped.

To be honest how the CB pairing have performed so far in the back 4 if Hector comes in its for Lees rather than Thornley.

2 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

To be honest how the CB pairing have performed so far in the back 4 if Hector comes in its for Lees rather than Thornley.

And drop the club captain big statement. When he would have done everything Jos has asked of him. Think more likely we may see Penney rested and Thorniley pushed across. If he wants to Start Hector that is.

Just now, pazowl55 said:

And drop the club captain big statement. When he would have done everything Jos has asked of him. Think more likely we may see Penney rested and Thorniley pushed across. If he wants to Start Hector that is.

I'm just going on Performance. I think the defensive problems have come from Midfield I wouldn't drop either and Hector will have to wait I just think that out of the two at the moment Thornley is playing better.

• Like 1