BREAKING: Sheffield Wednesday agree BBC commentary deal

40 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

The difference with the BBC compared to others is that there's a 12 month legally enforceable contract to view their content.

They have this power through an act of parliament.

The BBC should be scaled down to radio only and charge a nominal fee or take their chances with the independents and abolish the license fee.

What's a licence fee ? 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, darra said:

Why has he admitted he'd hot it wrong could be that the BBC have increased their offer?

I really cant see that the bbc would up there offer ,they have done the same deal with 91 clubs with a 10% reduction , chansiri clearly has had a change of heart ,I think he will have received quite a few letters on why it was the wrong decision , got to give him credit he is listening ,same regards membership , alum at hull certainly wouldn't have listened kids pay adult prices right owner he is. 

6 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

It would be far easier for a technology challenged 90 year old to learn to use the internet than decipher and wade through the abysmal use of both punctuation and paragraphs in this post.

I only got a c in English ,I text more these days than I write ,maybe I should get miss to give me some English lessons lol 

6 hours ago, Beholder said:

I doubt the BBC would give us more than the other clubs. 

6 hours ago, LSOwls said:

Do you think all clubs get the same deal across the country?

6 hours ago, Beholder said:

I dont know how it works. 

lol

2 hours ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

So boring this, you sound like the Daily Mail. Nobody earns "millions" and only Evans and Lineker earn over 1 million. The BBC are no different to any other entertainment company in that they we have to pay big money for big talent. People like Lineker are in a strong bargaining position because ITV and SKY etc would love to snap him up.

Not sure why you are confused owlstalk? My crossed out they and we in bold is very clear.

There is a 'subtle' difference between Sky sports and the beeb.:rolleyes: You may be amazed, but not everyone who pays their license fee would be in suicide mode if GL foooked off to sky.

• Haha 1

When we've cleared the sleeper drawdowns out of our accounts... I'm going to start a new hobby.

Trawling through threads and the site history function to try and make honest posters look foolish by juxtaposing their posts with others.

When I inevitably get bored with that I'll just go back to being free and spontaneous in my posts.

5 hours ago, Lee Davies said:

1. The BBC do not pay every club the same and they have never claimed this. They asked each club to reduce their contract by 10%. This does not suggest every club gets paid the same.  How do we know this. A few years ago Barnsley reject a BBC deal and they were not on the radio either. The reason was the amount the BBC pays other clubs in the area (obviously us) in relation to them. 

2. The BBC has just increased what they pay for the MOTD by a good 100m - so they can get FCUKED! 

3. It wasn't a good move, it affects a lot of our fans. However, they cannot expect us to pay for better players to which increase their figures and pay us less. 

4. Sod the BBC!!! Sometimes in business you need to stand up to people. There are always consequences but you will win in the end. 

I have no doubt the BBC are paying the same as last year for DC to accept. Its not about money its about stopping the rot. Every other sports company are increasing their payments and the BBC want to reduce it!! pet shop the BBC   

It doesn't come from the same pot 

RS have had a reduction in their budget as all local Radio has and they decide where they spend their budget RS invest in local sports coverage 

4 hours ago, darra said:

I'd be amazed if the club has accepted the original offer as in the Thai culture its all about saving face. Speaking to people who do business in that part of the world negotiations can be very long-winded because of it. My guess is that the BBC reduced fees paid by 10%(?) and after negotiations, an agreement has been reached somewhere in the middle, 5%(?) reduction.

Not what i was told