BREAKING: Sheffield Wednesday agree BBC commentary deal

4 hours ago, simpark said:

The big win is that the BBC have lost the exclusivity that they had previously insisted on. So no more having to put up with going round the grounds and to goals in other games which meant you only ever got commentary of half the game even when listening on iFollow 

You think that if they can Ifollow wont use the RS commentary ?

And for the Brentford Match thats what we got on Audio half a match

Edited by Lawrie Madden

5 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

It doesn't come from the same pot 

RS have had a reduction in their budget as all local Radio has and they decide where they spend their budget RS invest in local sports coverage 

Why were they cut? 

Just now, Lawrie Madden said:

All of local radio got a reduction i think part of yet another rationalisation of the Beeb

Just now, Sham67 said:

To help pay for increases in other budgets?

That’d be my guess Sham

9 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

"Deal".

Right.

There's absolutely no chance the BBC will have come to us with the begging bowl to offer us more money than any of the other clubs. So at best we've got the same deal, but also potentially less.

How does the iFollow work payment wise? Has anyone paid an annual sub for this on the basis of not having Radio Sheffield?

Same or less!? :laugh: Why on earth would Chansiri back down now? If anything the same, but definitely not less!

Well done Chansiri for standing up to them and hopefully got more money doing so

10 hours ago, פɹᴉɯqɐɹᴉɐu said:

Obviously happy for those not tech able to use iFollow. But...Really hope that doesn't mean that they'll go back to doing all that around the grounds and EPL spoilers crap when I'm watching the live video on iFollow.

I couldn't give a rat's arse about toytown or the spirites, fizz their updates 

• Like 1