International Round-Up of sorts

Kieren Westwood dropped by the Republic of Ireland

Barry Bannan and Steven Fletcher overlooked by Scotland

Might be kind to say Jordan Rhodes was too, but I'll let Norwich fans muse over that one

So the only regular Owl on full international duty during this break was Atdhe Nuhiu ...

Azerbaijan  0-0  Kosovo

... and he was an unused sub  :mellow:

This means his coach either a) realizes our Championship campaign is far more important than any jumped-up competition Conehead might dream up, or

b) is saving him for the home game v Faroe Isles next week when he's sure to add to his tally of 10 caps and one goal

Saying that, Ash Baker took his own first steps to international stardom ...

Wales U21  2-1  Liechtenstein U21

... he played the whole game and gave a good account of himself - against modest opposition, it has to be said - largely as a holding midfielder

With a bit of luck he'll earn his 2nd cap v Portugal next week and then come the next break a couple more

Then he'll find himself coming off the bench for the senior squad once or twice and bingo! £12m move down to Bournemouth

Preslav Borukov has also spent time away, with Bulgaria U19s on a training camp in Germany

Where they played two friendlies against local opposition ...

... don't know if they were represented by their youth sides or not, but he sounds pleased with the way things are going  :biggrin:

Also get the feeling Eyad Hammoud might tag along next time he gets the call

Perhaps I ought to mention our 'adopted' Owls while I'm at it ...

England U21  0-0  Netherlands U21

Josh Onomah collected his 5th cap at this level but was unable to add to his two goals - he was subbed off just after the hour mark

Ecuador  2-0  Jamaica

Michael Hector played the first hour of this friendly to pick up his 20th full cap

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

Guest Bulgaria
On 08/09/2018 at 20:32, Ever the pessimist said:

Borukov has a better command of the English language than most English social media users.

I taught him all he knows.