Phone call from ticket office

Just now, Whatahoot said:

I've been to Leyton Orient, Gillingham and Watford......Is Brentford any worse ? If so must be bad.

its great give me traditional old ground in a housing estate any day. much prefer it to those mate, major selling point it has 3 boozers on the corners of the ground (used to be one on all 4)

1 minute ago, woodys said:

its great give me traditional old ground in a housing estate any day. much prefer it to those mate, major selling point it has 3 boozers on the corners of the ground (used to be one on all 4)

Ooooooh…..sounds great. Surprised they have a "standing" area given the number of boozers around there. Might get there one day.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Whatahoot said:

Sorry I don't know. I didn't think that any Championship clubs had standing areas, so now I'm not at all sure who does and who doesn't allow standing.

14 Jun 2018 - The Bees will keep terracing at both ends of the ground and will be the only team in the Championship with standing areas this season.

1 minute ago, Hookowl said:

14 Jun 2018 - The Bees will keep terracing at both ends of the ground and will be the only team in the Championship with standing areas this season.

Thanks for that.

Is this something with a time limit attached or do all other clubs conform out of choice. Why only Brentford continuing with it ? Surprised other clubs don't give some space to "safe standing" as there is some support for it.

4 minutes ago, Whatahoot said:

Thanks for that.

Is this something with a time limit attached or do all other clubs conform out of choice. Why only Brentford continuing with it ? Surprised other clubs don't give some space to "safe standing" as there is some support for it.

A ban on standing came into force for premier and championship clubs in 1989, at present the government has called for and had a review on it.

Brentford are the only club to get special dispensation to keep it at present.

5 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

A ban on standing came into force for premier and championship clubs in 1989, at present the government has called for and had a review on it.

Brentford are the only club to get special dispensation to keep it at present.

Thanks for the info/update.

Somehow I seem to have missed some of this .Perhaps due to living out of the UK for over 10 years and trying to put the Hillsborough disaster to the back of my mind over the years.Anyway thanks again.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Whatahoot said:

Thanks for that.

I think it's because Brentford are building a new stadium. Special dispensation so they don't have to upgrade the old ground since they're soon going to have a new one anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, station road owl said:

Just had a phone all from ticket office saying they sold too many seating tickets and are now offering terraced and a difference in price back. You couldn’t make it up with Wednesday could you. 

When did you order your tickets?  Presumably they ought to be doing this for those who booked seats later, or maybe they just put all those who booked seats over the 3-4 day period into a big hat and are picking people at random.

8 minutes ago, woodys said:

remember that year at griffin park when it was all terrace we drew abut 3 all in the league then played them in the play offs and tricky trev was in that dodgy makeshift box above us for sky commentary lol

Yes, I was at both of those games. We were 3-1 up in the league game and drew 3-3, but the play off game atmosphere was amazing. Yet when I watched the recording later it didn't come across that way at all and was fairly quiet, the lack of a roof must have played a part. Was funny when we got the beachball or whatever it was into the Sky box.

They've changed ends now though, for the last few years we've been in what used to the home end with the seats on top and terrace underneath. I hate that stand...

2 hours ago, station road owl said:

Just had a phone all from ticket office saying they sold too many seating tickets and are now offering terraced and a difference in price back. You couldn’t make it up with Wednesday could you. 

The ticket office on the whole do an excellent job under very trying circumstances - I am sure there will be a valid reason for this - I have certainly not seen any real evidence of any incompetence 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, station road owl said:

Its rare they make mistakes and it might be Brentford’s fail so let’s move on and acknowledge that our ticket office are generally and genuinely brilliant 

Owlstalk Shop

42 minutes ago, alanharper said:

When did you order your tickets?  Presumably they ought to be doing this for those who booked seats later, or maybe they just put all those who booked seats over the 3-4 day period into a big hat and are picking people at random.

Last Tuesday at 14:03

20 minutes ago, stevenbrookseyowl said:

The ticket office on the whole do an excellent job under very trying circumstances - I am sure there will be a valid reason for this - I have certainly not seen any real evidence of any incompetence 

They just said system failed to remove them after it had sold out in upper tier