Joost Van Aken

22 hours ago, casbahowl said:

Bobby Moore once said “if a defender has to rely on pace he’s stood in the wrong place”!

Joost is learning match by match.

Hope we give him the chanc to be a star with us and don’t hound him out and make him a star somewhere else!

Im all for getting behind the players but what have you seen to make ya think he a star

20 hours ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Lets see what JL does this w/e - I am hopeful he can get the balance right.

People panicking about our defense - it’s not the best but not as bad as people make out.

VA has been out a long time and needs our support - slating him isn’t going to help.

Thornily looked ok last season and Nelisen will probably get a chance too. 

Not seen much of nielson is he any good

I would be slightly worried if either of the young centre backs were first team fixtures ATM.

Thorniley has a good attitude but is a bit rash at times, and Neilsen looks a bit cumbersome and not as dominant in the air as he should be for someone his size.

Strange that O`Grady seems to have gone down the pecking order as whenever i have seen them play for the young uns he has looked the most composed.

1 hour ago, dan1980 said:

Im all for getting behind the players but what have you seen to make ya think he a star

Not a star yet but certainly got potential!

Harry the pig was derided on here after the two “mind the gap” season games.......

Just one example!

8 hours ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

Well now OG, this is an observation and not a criticism of the site or the posters but I find it difficult to understand why the current positivity needs to be promoted and the posters need encouragement to be positive. It really should come naturally, in my opinion that is.

Having said that, I just never have been able to accept anything negative about Wednesday and I never will so it's probably myself what's the odd one out or behind the times or whatever. In fact, my positivity is probably unhealthy.

I'm going for a lie down now.

May peace and positivity go with you Old Brave...

davidhowemotors_2007_4374248-262x300.jpg

• Haha 2