Anyone up for this one?

8 hours ago, ReginaldD said:

I'm up for this, great idea @OWLSTALK

https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-portal/fundraiserPage?pageId=960253

From my understanding it's a case of get to £150 then get a pin to get the team free entry place? 

Thank you mate that's ace!

yeah that’s it!

You get a free Sheffield Wednesday shirt too

Owlstalk Shop

To all those saying they're too old or unfit to run; all you need is a pair of trainers, go outside and get started. No matter the pace you either run, or walk, this could be an incentive for personal health as much as fundraising.

I've read about 80+ year old people running marathons; it's all in the head and there's no reason you can't go on a run too!

Sorry back on topic though, just wanted to offer some motivation to those who feel there's a barrier of sorts stopping them from walking/running.

Wish I lived in Sheffield or I'd join this one; I'll do a 10K run in a Wednesday shirt here on the same date out of solidarity.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 08:53, latemodelchild said:

Just been for my 3rd run since I signed up. 50 quid to go to hit my 150 target. Set my actual target higher though. This holiday lark is great, early morning run and a swim to get the old body going is just what the doctor ordered. Cheers for putting this out there. 

https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/TristanYeardley

just chucked a little in your's mate , sorry it's not more but what we have been given to live on is a joke , but that said sometimes there are more important things in life and this is one of them , best of luck buddy /rooting for you

On ‎07‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 22:59, trevdi9 said:

i'm buggered either way too old to run and living on borrowed time as they have taken our lass's benefits away and stopped my care money because of it , so at the moment we are living on fumes  sorry as you know I would have helped if I could Neil  ;(

scratch this the mrs demanded we donated , only a few quid as it's all we can afford (if I told you our income you wouldn't believe it ) but no matter a few quid is better than nothing good luck owlstalk always there when it matters I know more than most , ;)

1 minute ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

Are you involved in arranging this Neil?

If so, is there any chance of them doing the same for the Junior Run (2.5k) at the same event. My girls did the York one last weekend and loved it.

Drop John Pearson an email brother - sounds like a good idea 

Owlstalk Shop

Gonna bump this again and if a mod could pin it for a bit that'd be great, maybe some more owlstalkers fancy a run.

Just registered with my code so I'm in. John Pearson has sorted it all out for me so all good. 

Did a few little runs on holiday and enjoyed it. Did a 5k the other day and felt good. I've done that distance before but this time it felt almost easy. OK, it wasn't fast, but it was comfortable. Gonna step up the distance over the next couple of weeks, 6 to 7k tomorrow is the aim. I won't post a quick time on the day but who's counting eh? I've lost weight since signing up for this so I'm proper pleased. Still need a large in the shirt mind, they must be a really small fit, ahem. 

Thanks again to those that sponsored me. There's a few others in the thread who are running so check their pages out and help em get to the magic 150 mark. 

• Like 1