Anyone up for this one?

6 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Aaaaaggggjjjjjhhjj, I can't register for the run. Now panicking that it's filled up. That'll teach me to be all proactive. Links seem to go to dead pages. 

Is this it?

https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-display/showROFundraiserPage?userUrl=SWFCCommunityProgramme10K&isTeam=true

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That looks like the swfc page for it. 

Having looked at it, it mentions a pin in your original post. Looks like if I get 150 quid and donate to the swfc bit they give me a pin code that I then use to get an entry place. 

I don't mind paying the entry etc if I miss out, my only worry was that I'd get folks sponsorship then not get a place. 

As it stands I'm thinking get some sponsors in cos worst case scenario is that I pay myself in. I've also emailed JP. 

4 minutes ago, madfan said:

Well done Neil, don't forget those of us who are miles away distance wise. Be nice to be included some way.

Any ideas you have I'm definitely up for that

I'm heading back to the Malta fans bar soon for an update on how that's going since the launch of it. That's one thing that seems to be already a big success and it would be great to replicate that in other places.

In the UK we could do with some fans who live further away letting us know what they would find exciting and useful to them too

Always up for doing stuff with fans at a distance - just need as many ideas as possible and we can get em in action

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, latemodelchild said:

That looks like the swfc page for it. 

Having looked at it, it mentions a pin in your original post. Looks like if I get 150 quid and donate to the swfc bit they give me a pin code that I then use to get an entry place. 

I don't mind paying the entry etc if I miss out, my only worry was that I'd get folks sponsorship then not get a place. 

As it stands I'm thinking get some sponsors in cos worst case scenario is that I pay myself in. I've also emailed JP. 

Nice one

It's a bit convoluted

I reckon I'll get some clarification and really trim down the instructions on the main page once I can figure out best way to do it

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, latemodelchild said:

Still one of the most insane things I've ever heard. I just laughed so much cos I was scared if I didn't I'd cry. 

Idea for a new thread - what's the maddest single thing any Wednesday player/manager/chairman/director has ever said

lol

Owlstalk Shop

58 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Right. Back from the lake and page set up. Just realised the run is the day after my birthday, there's a sacrifice if ever I saw one. 

https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/TristanYeardley

That should be the link to my page. As I said, if I don't get the 150 before all the places go I'll still do the run and donate etc. 

Cheers guys, best start doing some running. 

This is costing me a fortune, £4-50 for iFollow on Saturday, £10 to the OT server appeal, now another 15 quid for this. All I need now is a rovrum fan knocking the door with his begging bucket, well he can FRO.

Well done Tristan, keep it up and enjoy the run.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

This is costing me a fortune, £4-50 for iFollow on Saturday, £10 to the OT server appeal, now another 15 quid for this. All I need now is a rovrum fan knocking the door with his begging bucket, well he can FRO.

Well done Tristan, keep it up and enjoy the run.

Thank you so much. This is what Wednesday is all about, you're a star. 

• Thanks 1

Love it when owlstalk/Wednesday fans come together and do some great charity work. 

I shall assess the finances and try and drop a donation in. 

Well done everyone. 

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 1

i'm buggered either way too old to run and living on borrowed time as they have taken our lass's benefits away and stopped my care money because of it , so at the moment we are living on fumes  sorry as you know I would have helped if I could Neil  ;(

• Like 1