Anyone up for this one?

There's a lot been said recently about our fanbase being negative on social media and websites so here at Owlstalk we will be leading the push to show the doubters that our fans aren't all like that and can drive many positives.

As well as a number of upcoming events that we've been working on (the Big Ron Atkinson one being the first) we will be trying to work as closely as possible with John Pearson and the community team to bring fun and positive ideas and initiatives aimed at having fun, getting fit, having a good night out or just having a laugh and at the same doing a bit of fundraising for great causes (not least the SWFC community)

I want all the readers out there to read all these events as and when they're posted, take part in as many as they can/want to, and help support this push for positivity because all too often only negatives are seen online when in fact the positive people far far outnumber the trolls. So don't keep silent and help us push forward with positives!

This one's ace - you get a free Wednesday shirt if you can hit the sponsorship target (easy to achieve too) and it's a fun day where you might even get fitter too

Run 4 Wednesday!

Date for the diary... 23rd September 2018!

Run For All encourage people of all abilities to take part in the Asda Foundation Sheffield 10K.

Sheffield Wednesday Community Programme has teamed up with the charity run, to make this day extra special!

The first 50 people to raise £150 (and donated to the Virgin Money Giving online page) will become a Wednesday Runner.

What do I get?

A FREE entry to participate in the Sheffield 10K (usually £28).

A Sheffield 10K runner pack including Timer, Goody Bag and Medal.

A FREE FIRST Team Sheffield Wednesday FC football shirt.

Represent Sheffield Wednesday FC and the charitable arm in a once in a lifetime experience. 

You will get to choose to be apart of either the 'running' group (lead by John Pearson), or our 'walking' group (lead by ex-player Mick Pickering).

Charities

Your donations will be supporting the charitable arm of SWFC, providing training, health and education projects to the community.

You'll also be helping the amazing charity Archer Project, which provides services to the homeless and vulnerable to improve and achieve a better life. 

About Cathedral Archer Project

We help homeless people achieve a better life by supporting them to:

·         Develop their independence

·         Improve their ability to tackle setbacks

·         Improve their ability to identify and change negative behaviour

·         Improve their wellbeing

How do I donate?

Once you have fundraised the £150 (or more) click here to make your donation.

Leave you Full Name, Contact Number and Email address on the donation page - so we can contact you with your Runner Pin.

How to make an account?

To make a donation you will need to have an account with Virgin Money Giving (dead simple!) so we can track your fundraising progress.

Click here to make an account.

For more information about the Sheffield 10K Run, click here.

For any questions please contact john.pearson@swfc.co.uk

Happy fundraising!

Also the person who raises the most money will get an invite, with a guest, into the SWFC Community box for a home match this season ( Subject to availability )

Half of all the profit raised will be split 50/50 with the Cathedral Archer Project

If you can’t run or walk the Sheffield 10K and would still like to donate please follow this link - https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/Team/SWFCCommunityProgramme10K

As a forum let's start showing the club what Owlstalk can do when pushing positives that are worthwhile, fun and for much needed causes such as the brilliant Cathedral Archer project.

Plus imagine it when over 50 of us rock up in our free Sheffield Wednesday shirts to do this one! Will look amazing!

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Hookowl said:

I'm far too old to run now, but I've made a donation anyway.

WAWAW

Legend thank you so much 

Hopefully we can smash this target to bits and raise money for both SWFC community and the Cathedral Archer project

Much appreciated mate

Owlstalk Shop

I'm available for any positivity coaching sessions. It's really quite amazing what a positive mindset can have upon your life. Football is no different.

Negativity breeds negative outcomes.

What you think....you become. 

Great work guys. My step mum is taking part. She's really done an amazing job since she started running a few years ago. She is waiting in anticipation for her shirt.

Just now, oi_you_owl said:

I'm available for any positivity coaching sessions. It's really quite amazing what a positive mindset can have upon your life. Football is no different.

Negativity breeds negative outcomes.

What you think....you become. 

Great work guys. My step mum is taking part. She's really done an amazing job since she started running a few years ago. She is waiting in anticipation for her shirt.

Awesome! Thanks mate

Has she reached her sponsorship target yet? If not post a link on here and we can hopefully help out

Owlstalk Shop

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Awesome! Thanks mate

Has she reached her sponsorship target yet? If not post a link on here and we can hopefully help out

https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-display/showROFundraiserPage?userUrl=KathrynHope2&pageUrl=2

She's smashed the target! Every little helps. What she has achieved really signifies the human experience and shows what good we can all do collectively...it's inspirational. This is what it's all about for me.

Massive praise for everyone involved. Thank you.

UP THE OWLS.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

There's a lot been said recently about our fanbase being negative on social media and websites so here at Owlstalk we will be leading the push to show the doubters that our fans aren't all like that and can drive many positives.

As well as a number of upcoming events that we've been working on (the Big Ron Atkinson one being the first) we will be trying to work as closely as possible with John Pearson and the community team to bring fun and positive ideas and initiatives aimed at having fun, getting fit, having a good night out or just having a laugh and at the same doing a bit of fundraising for great causes (not least the SWFC community)

I want all the readers out there to read all these events as and when they're posted, take part in as many as they can/want to, and help support this push for positivity because all too often only negatives are seen online when in fact the positive people far far outnumber the trolls. So don't keep silent and help us push forward with positives!

This one's ace - you get a free Wednesday shirt if you can hit the sponsorship target (easy to achieve too) and it's a fun day where you might even get fitter too

Run 4 Wednesday!

Date for the diary... 23rd September 2018!

Run For All encourage people of all abilities to take part in the Asda Foundation Sheffield 10K.

Sheffield Wednesday Community Programme has teamed up with the charity run, to make this day extra special!

The first 50 people to raise £150 (and donated to the Virgin Money Giving online page) will become a Wednesday Runner.

What do I get?

A FREE entry to participate in the Sheffield 10K (usually £28).

A Sheffield 10K runner pack including Timer, Goody Bag and Medal.

A FREE FIRST Team Sheffield Wednesday FC football shirt.

Represent Sheffield Wednesday FC and the charitable arm in a once in a lifetime experience. 

You will get to choose to be apart of either the 'running' group (lead by John Pearson), or our 'walking' group (lead by ex-player Mick Pickering).

Charities

Your donations will be supporting the charitable arm of SWFC, providing training, health and education projects to the community.

You'll also be helping the amazing charity Archer Project, which provides services to the homeless and vulnerable to improve and achieve a better life. 

About Cathedral Archer Project

We help homeless people achieve a better life by supporting them to:

·         Develop their independence

·         Improve their ability to tackle setbacks

·         Improve their ability to identify and change negative behaviour

·         Improve their wellbeing

How do I donate?

Once you have fundraised the £150 (or more) click here to make your donation.

Leave you Full Name, Contact Number and Email address on the donation page - so we can contact you with your Runner Pin.

How to make an account?

To make a donation you will need to have an account with Virgin Money Giving (dead simple!) so we can track your fundraising progress.

Click here to make an account.

For more information about the Sheffield 10K Run, click here.

For any questions please contact john.pearson@swfc.co.uk

Happy fundraising!

Also the person who raises the most money will get an invite, with a guest, into the SWFC Community box for a home match this season ( Subject to availability )

Half of all the profit raised will be split 50/50 with the Cathedral Archer Project

If you can’t run or walk the Sheffield 10K and would still like to donate please follow this link - https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/Team/SWFCCommunityProgramme10K

As a forum let's start showing the club what Owlstalk can do when pushing positives that are worthwhile, fun and for much needed causes such as the brilliant Cathedral Archer project.

Well done Neil excellent, cant run much these days but will donate. Thanks for your hard work.

2 minutes ago, HarpurOwl said:

I’m afraid I’d struggle to ‘Walk 4 Wednesday’ never mind run(!!) but I’ve popped a bit in the collection tin for this very good cause

Awesome thank you so much! 

I'm not fair off the same as you when it comes to walking or running so I feel your pain

lol

Owlstalk Shop

I'm gonna do this. Currently on holiday, Sat at a café by a lake having coffee and crepes. Internet a bit dodgy but once I get back to the house I'll set up my page and put a link on. Knowing my luck I'll take too long to get 150 quid but if that happens I'll do it anyway without the shirt etc, money will go to the same place. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

I'm gonna do this. Currently on holiday, Sat at a café by a lake having coffee and crepes. Internet a bit dodgy but once I get back to the house I'll set up my page and put a link on. Knowing my luck I'll take too long to get 150 quid but if that happens I'll do it anyway without the shirt etc, money will go to the same place. 

We'll help you hit your target mate

Owlstalk Shop

Right. Back from the lake and page set up. Just realised the run is the day after my birthday, there's a sacrifice if ever I saw one. 

https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/TristanYeardley

That should be the link to my page. As I said, if I don't get the 150 before all the places go I'll still do the run and donate etc. 

Cheers guys, best start doing some running. 

Good luck to all runners and walkers, I've already signed up for this 10k, I'm about to start fundraising myself for the Yorkshire Marathon in October, so I'll let others fundraise for this, although the free Wednesday shirt sounds tempting!

Hope to see you all on the course :biggrin:

4 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Right. Back from the lake and page set up. Just realised the run is the day after my birthday, there's a sacrifice if ever I saw one. 

https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/TristanYeardley

That should be the link to my page. As I said, if I don't get the 150 before all the places go I'll still do the run and donate etc. 

Cheers guys, best start doing some running. 

What a legend - thanks mate 

Let's get some donations into this link people x

Owlstalk Shop