What will the Chairman announce at the fans forum?

26 minutes ago, Quist said:

Birmingham have received news on embargo today. Isuspect outcome of our efforts to avoid any sanctions may have become known today. If so forum to pass on news. My guesswe have avoided it but have to be careful for this season to give headroom to make acquisitions in future and we will make 2 or 3 loan signings and allow similar number to go on loan.

I must admit that is almost word for word what I was gonna speculate he might say too. Honestly.

By the way, congratulations on getting the EFL highlights gig too......... :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Mate - nearly every fans forum has been announced on the back of bad news because these events are usually held to chill everyone out (and it works)

Remember the last fans forum? 

Yeah but if we get embargoded the sh*t is really gonna hit the fan, especially after survey and pricing situations 

My guess is no embargo and a couple of decent loans late this week

Just now, Stoop said:

Yeah but if we get embargoded the sh*t is really gonna hit the fan, especially after survey and pricing situations 

My guess is no embargo and a couple of decent loans late this week

Let's see - either way will be another interesting night

Easy to chill our fans out these days - just give em some pie and peas and a few selfies

lol

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, Sonny said:

How are you sure that he’s spent as much as he’s prepared to spend?

This week it became very apparent that EFL fines for breaking P&S are peanuts (in football terms) - QPR were fined £17m for having the 4th biggest wage bill in the world and blasting the then FFP rules into oblivion. Suggests anyone breaking the rules to a far lesser extent will receive a far less punishment. I believe Bournemouth paid a fine of £4.75m for breaking FFP rules.

Mr Chansiri has stopped spending - and started cutting costs to the detriment of the playing squad. We can all see the gaping holes in the squad. We've signed 2 players for a fee in the last 3 transfer windows - combined fee believed to be around £3m; put that into context, Sheffield United have just spent the same on a centre half from Brentford that their fans were glad to see the back of.

Mr Chansiri has attributed the lack of spending to P&S. We are in a self-imposed transfer embargo, so that we don't get an official one from the EFL. Mr Chansiri has also spent c. £150m on his investment with Wednesday, it makes zero sense to see that investment fester just to avoid a peanuts fine from the EFL. It makes more sense to use P&S to stop spending to avoid supporter meltdown and difficult questions.

Throw in the huge price increases across the board - on top of what was already some of the highest prices in the Championship.

That's why I'm of the opinion Mr Chansiri has invested all he's prepared to. That is fair enough, he's thrown in a lot of cash, but if that is the case, I would hope he would be transparent about it. In fact, I'd appreciate transparency full stop on our club's future.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

This week it became very apparent that EFL fines for breaking P&S are peanuts (in football terms) - QPR were fined £17m for having the 4th biggest wage bill in the world and blasting the then FFP rules into oblivion. Suggests anyone breaking the rules to a far lesser extent will receive a far less punishment. I believe Bournemouth paid a fine of £4.75m for breaking FFP rules.

Dont' you now get docked points, relegated and prevented from being promoted now?

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Dont' you now get docked points, relegated and prevented from being promoted now?

Not seen this anywhere, no. The EFL have set the precedent now for P&S punishment - they can't fine/embargo some clubs and points deduct/relegate others for lesser crimes!

Also, with some of the spending by Championship clubs in the past two seasons, I'd call nonsense on those punishments too. Forest, for starters, would be relegated already given their spending so far this season (and Wolves would have been relegated last season!).

4 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Mr Chansiri has stopped spending - and started cutting costs to the detriment of the playing squad. We can all see the gaping holes in the squad. We've signed 2 players for a fee in the last 3 transfer windows - combined fee believed to be around £3m; put that into context, Sheffield United have just spent the same on a centre half from Brentford that their fans were glad to see the back of.

Mr Chansiri has attributed the lack of spending to P&S. We are in a self-imposed transfer embargo, so that we don't get an official one from the EFL. Mr Chansiri has also spent c. £150m on his investment with Wednesday, it makes zero sense to see that investment fester just to avoid a peanuts fine from the EFL. It makes more sense to use P&S to stop spending to avoid supporter meltdown and difficult questions.

Throw in the huge price increases across the board - on top of what was already some of the highest prices in the Championship.

That's why I'm of the opinion Mr Chansiri has invested all he's prepared to. That is fair enough, he's thrown in a lot of cash, but if that is the case, I would hope he would be transparent about it. In fact, I'd appreciate transparency full stop on our club's future.

But they only got those fines because they got promoted (under previous rules too). If we broke the rules and didn’t get promoted our temporary self imposed embargo would be an official one in place for much longer... at best. At worst we could be docked points etc. Your reasoning doesn’t really stack up to being sure for me but obviously entitled to believe whatever.

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Those sanctions are now definitely available to the EFL in the new P&S regulations.

Just now, Sonny said:

But they only got those fines because they got promoted (under previous rules too). If we broke the rules and didn’t get promoted our temporary self imposed embargo would be an official one in place for much longer... at best. At worst we could be docked points etc. Your reasoning doesn’t really stack up to being sure for me but obviously entitled to believe whatever.

Not seen anything about a points deduction/relegation as I mentioned above. Given the spending by some Championship clubs over the past two seasons - who have surely all broken P&S, or are on course to - I find those punishments hard to believe.

What is your reasoning for Mr Chansiri's lack of spending, given the current team won't win promotion?

2 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Not seen this anywhere, no. The EFL have set the precedent now for P&S punishment - they can't fine/embargo some clubs and points deduct/relegate others for lesser crimes!

Also, with some of the spending by Championship clubs in the past two seasons, I'd call nonsense on those punishments too. Forest, for starters, would be relegated already given their spending so far this season (and Wolves would have been relegated last season!).

The QPR & Bournemouth breaches were during the old FFP regulations where points deduction was not an option for the EFL.

The current P&S regulations definitely give the EFL the option of points deduction.

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

My gut feeling is this fans forum is about to follow a couple of big outgoing transfers - could be wrong

They've chose an extremely happy picture of Chansiri on the OS, has to be good news, with a player signing before Monday...

Just now, bigash_swfc said:

They've chose an extremely happy picture of Chansiri on the OS, has to be good news, with a player signing before Monday...

I can't really remember a time when a chairman has had some good news and called a fans forum on the back of it

It's usually the opposite

Like I say could be wrong and would be happy to be but gut feeling is that something's about to kick off

lol

Owlstalk Shop

11 minutes ago, mogbad said:

The QPR & Bournemouth breaches were during the old FFP regulations where points deduction was not an option for the EFL.

The current P&S regulations definitely give the EFL the option of points deduction.

P&S came in to force in the 2016/17 season, so you're right the rules may well have been different for Bournemouth and QPR.

I can't find any evidence of the punishments being different from those of FFP though.

Given P&S came into force 2 season's ago now and the spending of many Championship clubs, there must be a good number of teams set to break P&S regulations. If P&S punishments are as severe as what you say, why are so many clubs still spending crazy money on transfer fees and salaries - the last two seasons have seen significant increases in fees and wages spent at this level?

48 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

This has been mentioned but if or when it happens there will be an absolute furore and will probably result in a complete revision of the rules. Be just our luck for us to be the test case!