If we had been sanctioned by the League (FA) under FFP (P&S) then it would be public knowledge. As it isn't, no we are not under an embargo.

It doesn't take a genius to work out that we need to be careful with the money so that we do not breach the P&S regulations. 

Just now, @owlstalk said:

What would happen if the chairman issued a statement saying we are going to go with what we've got this season and that he needs the fans to back him and get behind every player, even when they make a big mistake on the pitch etc?

Then we would know where we stand.

1 minute ago, wiseoldowl said:

Does anyone know if we are under a transfer embargo. It's worrying because of no incoming transfers.

In a similar worry I heard that the earth is going to be hit by a giant asteroid and it's really frightening because the government haven't said anything.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

What would happen if the chairman issued a statement saying we are going to go with what we've got this season and that he needs the fans to back him and get behind every player, even when they make a big mistake on the pitch etc?

I'd still go but id struggle to get up for it knowing it was gonna be an even tougher slog than previously expected. 

We aren't ready for the season ahead, and with 2 weeks remaining of the transfer window, I can't see us suddenly doing anything either.

We were genuinely after Venancio and there have been fairly solid rumours that we are interested in others.

I don't think it will be zero transfers. I also think there maybe loan incomings too.

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I would tell him I am always behind the team before every match but cant guarantee I will sit on my hands forever when I am paying through the nose to watch if things are going badly. 

1 minute ago, Hougoumont said:

In a similar worry I heard that the earth is going to be hit by a giant asteroid and it's really frightening because the government haven't said anything.

In the Government's defence, it's not like they would be able to give much advice.

4 minutes ago, Hougoumont said:

I think they are blaming it on the EU.

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

I would tell him I am always behind the team before every match but cant guarantee I will sit on my hands forever when I am paying through the nose to watch if things are going badly. 

That's pretty much what I meant to say. lol 

Has anyone consideeredseveral other, perfectly good, reasons for our apparent lack of movement in the transfer market.

1. The type of player Jos wants is NPT available

2. If he is, the club and his agent cannot agree on a figure of either his value or his terms.

3. The player himself DOES NOT WANT TO COME TO SHEFFIELD ,particularly Wednesday.

On this last point, this has happened in the past. Not everyone thinks, as we do, Wednesday is 'football heaven'.

If a player does not want to sign, that is it for me.