BREAKING - George Hirst Gone

28 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

As I said earlier

I strongly believe, like you based on the information in the public domain, that this move had been engineered specifically to hurt our Chairman

I don't believe, like many, that Hirst (Sr or Jr) would do that unless there had been a good reason, and as had been suggested, the only good reason would be if they had been treated unfairly specifically by the Chairman. No one knows the extent of that, not even Big D who's been incredibly vocal in his hatred since this whole matter arose.

I do know this. David Hirst consistently, over very many years since his retirement has volunteered for the club on hundreds of occasions, worked with our youth team and academy 3 nights a week without payment when the club was at its lowest ebb, shared his love for the club with those youth players and fellow fans, raised £tens of thousands for good causes supporting Wednesday fans Inc Hayley Kalinins - and for this breakdown of the relationship to happen something serious has gone off. All on top of being probably the best player any of us can remember pulling on the blue and white stripes (yes, fkn stripes)

It disgusts me to read threads like this that put all of that in the dustbin. Very sad

Hatred? Yeah, possibly which is sad considering he’s my favourite ever Wednesday player.

but at the end of the day I’m a Wednesday fan not a David Hirst fan and he’s screwed us over. I don’t see how anyone can back him on this.

It’s gutting that he’s turned out like this

Edited by BIG D

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What would you have done in their position?

I would hope that if it had been me I would not have been so vindictive.

Even if the Hirst camp was 100% in the right and the club were 100% in the wrong (which I doubt, maybe 50/50), it is still vindictive.

• Like 1

Guest Grez Bez
5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What would you have done in their position?

George or David?

George - At his age I'd probably be out getting hammered but that's why I never made it. He is too young to blame.

David - Probably show some respect for the club that gave him a career. 

Guest Hillsborough Mole
14 minutes ago, Watson said:

this is just a local difficulty the bigger picture that this is aback door loophole to get youngsters for free.  this needs the footballing authorities to close this loophole.

110% agree

4 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

I would hope that if it had been me I would not have been so vindictive.

Even if the Hirst camp was 100% in the right and the club were 100% in the wrong (which I doubt, maybe 50/50), it is still vindictive.

To the club or to the chairman?

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Hillsborough Mole
8 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Hatred? Yeah, possibly which is sad considering he’s my favourite ever Wednesday player.

but at the end of the day I’m a Wednesday fan not a David Hirst fan and he’s screwed us over. I don’t see how anyone can back him on this.

It’s gutting that he’s turned out like this

I'm not sure anyone is backing him on this

I'm saying I can understand why they've done what they've done

At the end of the day the club has to come first. And that includes over Chansiri too. 

Edited by Hillsborough Mole

We are big and ugly enough to lose out on a few quid for this player.  It happens.

The broader point here though is the player himself.  He missed a season of football last season, and will now be training with players of a poor standard when he could have been learning from players like Fletcher, Rhodes, Forestieri, Hooper.  Between that lot you have international experience, champions league experience, overseas top flight experience etc etc.  He has made a massive mistake with this move.  His development, already in trouble, is now in big trouble.

I think his career will be no different to the likes of Luke Boden from here on in.  I will be amazed if he ever pulls on a Leicester shirt in his career. 

It will also be very interesting to see what high profile players may be en route to Leicester with Doyen involvement.

DC spelt out the club's position on GH last season in a very detailed statement. It seems the whole issue was the demand by GH and club's valuation/assessment of GH's salary. 

If it was as far off the scale as DC suggested, DH/GH and their advisors would have known this and this position appears to have made the situation untenable. Whether the club should have privately continued negotiations is presumably dependent on whether both parties were willing and serious.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
2 minutes ago, Animis said:

DC spelt out the club's position on GH last season in a very detailed statement. It seems the whole issue was the demand by GH and club's valuation/assessment of GH's salary. 

If it was as far off the scale as DC suggested, DH/GH and their advisors would have known this and this position appears to have made the situation untenable. Whether the club should have privately continued negotiations is presumably dependent on whether both parties were willing and serious.

Mr Chansiris statement was extremely careful not to be specific or detailed

It was incredibly well written

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

To the club or to the chairman?

Is it possible to harm one without harming the other?

The club stood to earn a fee for Hirst's development; his decision to sign for a second tier Belgian team has cost Sheffield Wednesday that fee.

Whatever the rights and wrongs that led to that decision, it has undoubtedly harmed our club.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

In what way has he not? What's happened?

I suspect David has been played as much as his son.

Amazed no one calling out Nigel Pearson in this whole situation, he is much more savvy than Hirst in these things and will have known exactly what he was doing and its impact.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Should it not then be the responsibility of the chairman to ensure that his personal spats don't?

If it is 100% down to the chairman and the Hirst camp are 100% innocent in all this, then yes that could be said.

Although the Hirst camp's latest actions do not show them in a very good light and make them seem at least partially to blame.

Edited by Hookowl