Let's judge Jos on these eight games

I'm dreaming... 

IF we win out, pure fantasy I know, we'd be on 68 pts and 18 wins. Probably, lol I know, not in the playoffs but still a respectable win count. 

But that would be nice. 

We're 39 games in with only 10 wins that really, really sucks. 

Oh well, roll on 2018/2019...

2 hours ago, ramone said:

I did a similar thread last week.

Yesterday, although the 4-1 scoreline reads well, it was as far from a 4-1 game as you'll see and we were dead lucky to win the game, let alone come out with a thrashing. 

For me, we need to see much improved performances. The starting line was baffling. It didn't work. Fair play to him, he made the right change at half time. I suspect he wouldn't have made it had Hutch not been injured.

I remember coming away from games last season under Carlos where we won but we were god awful. A lot worse than we were yesterday. Wigan away, Rotherham home, Barnsley home stand out. Truly shocking performances. But we won them.

Were you moaning about performances then?

• Thanks 1

I think we can start o judge him now, players coming back and getting up to speed.

Honestly, if he starts another game like the first half yesterday, with what was at his disposal, I'm gonna take some convincing.

I suppose you could argue Fessi , Bannan and Hutch are still on the road back, but there was no excuse for leaving Adthe up front , laying balls off to no one but himself, it was bloody awful

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
5 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I think we can start o judge him now, players coming back and getting up to speed.

Honestly, if he starts another game like the first half yesterday, with what was at his disposal, I'm gonna take some convincing.

I suppose you could argue Fessi , Bannan and Hutch are still on the road back, but there was no excuse for leaving Adthe up front , laying balls off to no one but himself, it was bloody awful

I think the problem was more with the midfield and wing backs not supporting as they'd no doubt planned. Joao made a difference but the wing backs particularly were far more progressive second half. Didn't help that Reach has slipped a little from his best standards too. In addition Preston looked very capable and their spoiling tactics were effective too first half.

I also think that Joao was rested for a full 90 minute shift on Monday.

Edited by Xxxxxxxxcxcc

5 hours ago, ramone said:

Just a realistic outlook. Its easy to sit there and look at ceefax and see that Wednesday won 4-1 and automatically think we've dominated from start to finish.

The reality was so different. Had Hutch not been injured, I dare say it would have been.

Joao should never be dropped again while he's in the form he is. He's turning into our most important players at the moment.

I think for whatever reason Joao struggles to play 2 games in a short space of time, dont know why but he does. I think maybe he didn’t start because Jos is managing his injured squad. Untill we are numerically safe from relegation thats what he needs to do, and Sunderland on Monday is a very winnable game with a fully fit Joao in the team

2 minutes ago, chizumgeorge said:

I think for whatever reason Joao struggles to play 2 games in a short space of time, dont know why but he does. I think maybe he didn’t start because Jos is managing his injured squad. Untill we are numerically safe from relegation thats what he needs to do, and Sunderland on Monday is a very winnable game with a fully fit Joao in the team

Why do people keep saying this "Untill we are numerically safe from relegation",theres no way barnsley for example are going to get the 10 points and score more than us without us getting anymore points.........................find it a bit bizarre actually....................not exclusive to you george.

Just now, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Why do people keep saying this "Untill we are numerically safe from relegation",theres no way barnsley for example are going to get the 10 points and score more than us without us getting anymore points.........................find it a bit bizarre actually....................not exclusive to you george.

I understand what you say, and we wont go down, never said we would. But, we are not numerically safe! Thats fact

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Its worry, its supertision, ...its a sensible approach lol

Just now, chizumgeorge said:

And if we had lost yesterday and the bottom clubs won we would have only been 5 points clear, thus not safe. As it happened we won

"if we lose at leeds,we're only five or four points clear,if we lose to preston we're only...blah,blah" relax people we are a championship club for at least another season.

2 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

"if we lose at leeds,we're only five or four points clear,if we lose to preston we're only...blah,blah" relax people we are a championship club for at least another season.

But from the clubs point of view were not safe till were safe! So the squad needs to be managed. Thats why your a fan and not a proffesional football manager!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I remember coming away from games last season under Carlos where we won but we were god awful. A lot worse than we were yesterday. Wigan away, Rotherham home, Barnsley home stand out. Truly shocking performances. But we won them.

Were you moaning about performances then?

No. I'm not moaning about winning a game of football yesterday either. I've simply tried to offer a nit of balance for everyone saying we're Barcelona when we were garbage.

I just can't see cos getting us anywhere near the play offs. Something Carlos managed twice.

You keep latching onto every post I make, it clearly makes you happy. 

5 hours ago, torres said:

The more I think about that first half set up the worse it gets 

I wanted him gone at half time yesterday that starting formation was abhorrent, how we got out of that first half at 0-0 I will never know.

• Thanks 1

Just now, sage owl said:

I wanted him gone at half time yesterday that starting formation was abhorrent, how we got out of that first half at 0-0 I will never know.

I would suggest it was a combination of shyte finishing not too bad defending..........................but hey thats just me.

19 minutes ago, ramone said:

No. I'm not moaning about winning a game of football yesterday either. I've simply tried to offer a nit of balance for everyone saying we're Barcelona when we were garbage.

I just can't see cos getting us anywhere near the play offs. Something Carlos managed twice.

You keep latching onto every post I make, it clearly makes you happy. 

Who the hell as mentioned Barcelona. There was a reason why he set up the way he did yesterday, why dont you ask him why before professing to be the resident expert on here. We won, lucky or unlucky, fortunate or unfortunate we won. 3 points, Very good second half performance, 3 well taken goals and folk are still sodding nitpicking. Only owlstalk. Nearly is not good enough. I latch onto a few of your posts, but it certainly doesn't make me happy it makes me wonder what type of footballing brains some folk have on here. Garbage, Yeah ok. Don't know if you were at the game yesterday but I would I say 75 % of the fans saw both injury time goals. Would they have seen them if it was garbage. Don't think so.  

1 minute ago, CLswfc said:

Who the hell as mentioned Barcelona. There was a reason why he set up the way he did yesterday, why dont you ask him why before professing to be the resident expert on here. We won, lucky or unlucky, fortunate or unfortunate we won. 3 points, Very good second half performance, 3 well taken goals and folk are still sodding nitpicking. Only owlstalk. Nearly is not good enough. I latch onto a few of your posts, but it certainly doesn't make me happy it makes me wonder what type of footballing brains some folk have on here. Garbage, Yeah ok. Don't know if you were at the game yesterday but I would I say 75 % of the fans saw both injury time goals. Would they have seen them if it was garbage. Don't think so.  

Head in the sand. 

Other than 15 minutes, we were outplayed for the rest of the game. 10 minutes at the start of the 2nd half and 5 minutes at the end. The team he started was a shambles and only because his hand was forced did he change it. We did nothing after we scored the second goal and were very lucky to not allow them to pull it back to 2-2. If that had happened, not a cat in hells chance do we win that game. We lose it. I was at the game yesterday which Is why I'm able to post with balance and knowledge. Sadly, most on here done. As you say, only Owlstalk

Also, I don't know Jos so I can't ask him. If you do, can you ask him for me. Thanks in advance. 

All I want now is a bit of decent form and creative ambition for the remainder of the season. A bit of positivity to take into the summer.

I've gone back and forth on this, but now I think Jos has done enough to deserve a shot next year.

6 hours ago, ramone said:

Lets not forget that they hit the post as well just after they scored (if I remember correctly) so we could have easily have lost it yesterday even after going 2-0 up. Once we got the second, we stopped playing until the 90th minute.

Worrying

Chances get missed every game, we missed chances as well yesterday.  So we could have easily won by more.  Preston are a half decent side and it takes a good performance to beat them.  Part of the managers thinking might have been the team selection for Monday.  I too hope that he doesn't play such a negative formation again especially at home, the team is still coming together one step at a time.  The recent results are encouraging and need to be built on.